Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I made "chile verde" today

half a large onion chopped + 3 minced cloves of garlic sauteed in oil, then 3lbs of cubed pork shoulder thrown in the pan until browned

threw all of that into a crock pot, covered it in a couple of those jars of goya brand salsa verde (this is sounding really close to "salsa chicken" :ohdear: ), a couple of diced jalapenos, and a can of stewed tomatillos. I threw in a tablespoon of cumin and two more of chili powder for good measure. cooked it on high for two hours and low for three. It seems pretty good, the pork is really tender.

It's for a game of D&D tomorrow. last time we smoked ribs, which took like 4 loving hours. I want to show up, turn the crock pot on and everyone can eat like half an hour later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
my sister and mom both have used an instant pot to cook shredded pork, it takes like 90 minutes total

I think they used this video for instruction, basically you put a rub on it, sear it, cook it for 80 minutes, and shred it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAzF8fiA2w

• Locked thread