Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So that one post on the first page regarding boneless country style pork ribs is bunk or something? Aren't ribs slow cooked anyway? I'm confused, I thought this forum had a massive erection for slow cookers.

If crock pots aren't good for making food, what are they useful for? I've successfully(?) made beef pot roast in mine so I'm not convinced it's totally useless, but I lack opinions of my own, so maybe I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jesus. gently caress me for asking. I feel like GWS would be good enough to use a cooking implement to a standard higher than typical goonery, but maybe I expect too much from it.

Jangjorim in a slow cooker makes sense, at least. I think I'll try this out.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 15, 2016

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I tried to make pot au feu recently and the vegetables (minus the carrots) came out awful, but the oxtail and short ribs were gear after like 3-4hr slow cooking. I'm gonna try and see if I can use my slow cooker for short ribs and oxtail too, dunno what to cook them in though - is beef/chicken broth enough, or should I be including something else?

(It certainly won't be healthy, though. Hmm...)

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 28, 2016

• Locked thread