Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I have one and it gets used a good bit but the more I think about it all I use it for are:

Boiled peanuts
Corned beef
Greens
Chili

And yeah that's about it really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

But Not Tonight posted:

go on.... :staredog:

e: to clarify I know and love boiled peanuts being from da souf, I just really want to know how you do them in the crock pot

Super easy. Buy a bag of green peanuts and start them on low. Add salt or seasonings to taste. Come back about 16-24 hours later and they're done. Best part is when they cool I put them in ziplock quart bags and freeze them. That way I have boiled peanuts throughout the winter.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Look. If it helps; not all of us are total dicks. I posted the list of things that I currently do with a crockpot way back on page 1. I'm not going to sit here and argue the virtues of using one or if it's a sin to use one. God drat MP, you turned this into a clusterfuck.
If you guys have good recipes that utilize a crockpot then post them! Jesus Christ. Mindphlux is a dick. That's his thing. Please ignore him. I'm sure that there are tons of recipes that utilize them that will make great food. Post those, not a defense of them or an attack against them.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Jose posted:

salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, tinned tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh chillies and lime juice should be a basic enough starter if its just thighs will get you a slighty spicy tomato sauce you can reduce to mean it doesn't leak everywhere

i'd add the lime juice directly on the tacos

Need cumin

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

mindphlux posted:

yeah, kinda like you implied this poo poo thread about ramen had content, or that "packing a pork shoulder densely in a shell of brown sugar and throwing it in a crockpot" constitutes "the absolute best pulled pork in the world."

but keep on postin' forums poster "boof bonser", keep on postin'

Did your mother refuse to say I love you or something?

• Locked thread