Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't know Heathen, maybe you'd like to share your hypothesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that Raven design is better than the last one but she could be wearing an actual flaming garbage bag and it'd have been better than her last design

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

dc bring back superboy's jacket

leather jacket, round shades and shaved sides is the only real superboy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Sad that DC has spent the past 11 years trying to make Jaime happen and expressly forbade CW from using Ted Kord in Arrow (They ended up using Superman as Ray Palmer as Iron Man instead)

do you have an actual reason that you think Jaime sucks or is it just "BLUH BLUH ISN'T TED KORD"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

better than being the strung-out failure of a cousin who keeps holding up liquor stores

aka jason todd

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Yeah no, "modern" coloring can gently caress right off. I don't even like it in most "modern" comics.

whattya talkin about, everything looks better covered in gradients

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jimmy olsen hosed that one bug lady

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hup posted:

I wish I could be as excited for literally anything like DT is for Red Hood.

DT every time a new issue of RHATO comes out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

So you guys are calling that dude autistic?

I was not, I was simply saying that D_T gets as excited for RHATO as that dude gets about trains, everyone else decided to take it in some weird direction

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Norns posted:

When living in China, these were both things I saw.

What's your point?

those people weren't squinting you racist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

greatn posted:

He was in the French Stewart district.

WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO LIVE THERE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Norns posted:

Itt: people think everything is racist and offensive

those people still weren't squinting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

coolie hats everywhere

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

listen to my podcast, Stromboli Facts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And sure, I could write a proper rebuttal to yur impressions about the book but you clearly have made your mind and nothing I'll say will change it.

imagine a giant rear end making GBS threads ironicat smilies that are also rolling their eyes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tales from the Borderlands was really good and Batman is being written by the same dude so I'm optimistic for it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

someone in CD

im sensing the problem here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

It's magic. Literally. It's magic. Don't think about it too hard.

is the suit a Daedric artifact or something, that's one hell of a drawback

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alucard Nacerima always poo poo himself and rants about diversity every time Jaime Reyes is brought up, its kind of... sad!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Yall gotta like, react less to trolls.

you get out too you worthless waste of bandwidth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alucard Nacerima is actually Annoying Shitface backwards

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Sorry guys, every Wally fan is bad now. You're all tainted by association with this guy.

don't doxx alucard nacirema

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't tell who's trolling who anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Comics aren't real life dude

how does this even relate to his complaint

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alucard Nacirema posted:

The fact that I'm seeing a lot of misinformation and confusion goes to show that some people shouldn't even be part of this conversation until they are better informed.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/553268372331573248

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How the meeting to make The Ray, Ray Terrill, homosexual actually went at DC Offices:

Writer: "Hey do you mind if we make Ray Terrill gay?"

Editor: "Who the gently caress is Ray Terrill"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Has Pantha shown up at all since Superboy-Prime punched her head off? Not even a boring character like her deserved that end.

She apparently showed up in Blackest Night along with Baby Wildebeest to torment Red Star.

That sentence is probably the most damning indictment of Blackest Night ever committed to word.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thanks for giving me Twisted Metal Black flashbacks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm more a fan of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGQdvYIJ0M

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how he drink through the mask

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes continue arguing with the account named "Mr. President" that registered in November of this year I'm sure it's arguing entirely in good faith and with only the purest of intentions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

More like DEFECTIVE Comics

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we committed genocide, barney

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure it isn't a choice between "no nudity" or :byodood:all nudity all the time:byodood:

idk man have you seen some european comics

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr President posted:

Why does everyone start up every time I post here? I genuinely like DC and want to talk comics and I'm not going to let some easily offended sissies run me away. You don't even know my views and I'm not looking for trouble. I don't like that they made The Ray gay and I don't like that Jaime replaced Ted. Big Deal. Get over it already.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

They are the two most iconic characters in the DC universe besides Batman. They've been a narrative lynchpin of most major cosmic events for no reason besides the fact that they're Superman and Lois Lane. Entire universes, like Kingdom Come or Injustice or...say...the New 52, have gone askew because these two characters were separated or unable to be together.

Jimmy Olsen is a nice part of the mythos, but he's a side character. He's there to support Lois and Clark, not the other way around.

If you need any more of a substantial explanation for why being the most iconic, enduring couple in comics makes them special, in-text, to the universe itself, then I suspect Rebirth might not be for you. May I suggest the New 52 instead?

so why didn't this happen to batman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

#cutthecord

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's a growth industry!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

That does sound like a bad story, where did you hear a drunken recollection of White Knight #2? Are you posting what some rear end in a top hat at the LGS told you happened? If I had your reading comprehension I'd stick to the adult coloring books my LGS is pushing like crack; maybe one of those fidget spinners?

hi Sean Murphy, I didn't know you had an account here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Is this a challenge? Because boy has my entire life prepared me to crush it

*pulls off training weights, which crater the floor when they land*

lets do this