Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

:smith:

Still sad to see this go but surviving 30+ issues over a couple years and a relaunch is a pretty big accomplish for a niche title in the Big Two.

EDIT: Also holy poo poo they're giving us a full color printing of Mister Miracle in paperback AND a massive Fourth World omnibus!! Now all they got to do is reprint The Demon again.
Double EDIT: AND a omnibus of Tomasi's B&R run. Holy poo poo DC take all my drat money.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Personally I like Azzarello's run but it definitely has its flaws, which have been well pointed out here. But frankly if you wanna talk about who ruined the run after it finished, the Finches did way more damage to what Azzarello left behind compared to Rucka, who has more or less ignored it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Wonder if he started any work for that sequel or not before his passing. He'll be very missed.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So hey, since we were talking about it before, some good news: Adam West completed his voice work for the next animated Batman 66 movie before his passing, so it will still see a release. It'll be a nice send-off.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok but none of these solicits matter except for the one where The Demon will be getting a paperback print for 30 bucks.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Madkal posted:

Has there ever been an issue where his "family" try to throw him a birthday party, because if not there should totally be an issue where everyone throws Bruce a birthday party.
They did something like this in Li'l Gotham, which is a great all-ages comic that everyone should read.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
You could definitely read them apart, and the trades are even printing the stories separately, but the stories do relate to one another.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just noticed a goof in the last Super Sons. Damian says some bratish thing and Alfred quips "This is why I never had children."
Meanwhile Julia Pennyworth is still prominent in Batwoman.

I guess it isn't edited by the Bat-office, but c'mon.
Yeah I hope they change that for trade, but probably not.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I chalk this up to the movies. The daughter of Zeus origin is very much in there, so they kept it in the comics for the sake of synergy. The slides they used in the presentation even have posters of the movies and shows on them.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

KaosMachina posted:

I mean, catwoman, harley and ivy are all just batman villains, and DC's NEVER going to let them come out and actually say "Oh, Wonder Woman is bi", instead either avoiding the question entirely or giving the (accurate but non-commital) answer of "Oh, she loves everyone, regardless of gender".
Except that's pretty much what happened in the second issue of Rucka's recent Wonder Woman run, and Rucka confirmed she had some relationships with women on the island because no loving poo poo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure the entire superhero community would be utterly hosed if Lex and Amanda legitimately joined forces. The Justice League animated series had something to this extent during it first Unlimited season.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Got and read Mister Miracle. Very strange, even for Tom King's usual stylings, and I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Teenage Fansub posted:

In other news:
https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status/895395511657668609
She's apparently the first female Superman editor in the years since Eddie Berganza's sexual harassment accusations.
So does this mean Berganza is fired?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I remember maybe two or three years ago meeting Kurt Busiek and he mentioned working on this project at the time. I'm glad he finally got the chance to take it off the backburner and launch it!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I mean I would hope they would let people keep anything they bought off comixology without removing that from their libraries. If not then I sure as hell want a refund considering I have probably spent at least over a hundred dollars on DC books on comixology.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Predicting how long a comic will last is never straightforward. People were saying Gotham Academy would die really fast because it wasn't a superhero book, but it was allowed to have pretty much a full and proper conclusion despite never being a big seller in the floppy department. I think DC kind of gets that the floppy market isn't the most reliable indicator of how a book is doing, at least not on its own. Trade sales, Digital sales, and even just having a robust social media presence also mean a lot. Remember the Omega Men incident? They were ready to cancel it before it got to do a full and proper conclusion, but social media rallying got them to change their mind and let Tom King finish the story he wanted to tell.

Even on Marvel's side, you see this happen a lot. Carol Danvers is basically supported by massive fan love and company interest because Captain Marvel has abysmally low sales in the floppy market for a character they have been pushing for years to get more attention.

I think the Young Animal line will be fine because of company interest if not sales. They aren't going to snatch it away because fans love it too. Fact is the Big Two are finally starting to get that floppy sales are not the end all be all of a comic's success. As far as Young Animal goes, both Shade and Cave Carson are taking a hiatus after their September issue and then return for the crossover they got planned in January. We'll see what happens after that for those books.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
New Genesis/Apokolips is pretty much analogue to Space Heaven and Space Hell, with the leaders representing the prophet Isaiah (High Father's real name is Izaya) and Darkseid being analogous to Satan/Evil incarnate in general.

If you're into cosmic weirdness then New Gods is there for you. If you don't care about that though, it may not have much for you.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Really weird to see New 52 Superboy getting grouped in with all those regular All-Ages books, but I've been wanting to read Second-Semester for a while.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Hey remember how Geoff Johns hates J'onn J'onzz? And how Mr Oz suddenly has an eye blast that could be heat vision or a similar power?

What if Mr Oz is J'onn?????
(User was banned for this post)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
They won't ever replace Bruce as Batman with anyone else permanently. It's why any story where he goes away for a period of time feels hollow, when you know in the back of your head that company politics will demand his return within a year or two if even that.

The days of killing characters with permanency is over. They brought back Jason Todd, Bucky Barnes, Barry Allen and Gwen Stacy - death is irrelevant.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hm, I like it but I kind of want them to still retain some sort of indicator of the story arc going on. I feel that's really helpful for keeping track, considering that neither of the Big Two really have a "one-and-done" model for their mainline stuff.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Teenage Fansub posted:

You can read Sheriff of Babylon to see an example of a completed work by the same creative team.

It's actually quite similar with the grid layouts and black text-only panels.

edit:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaMo3NgBZ5D/?hl=en&taken-by=johnkalisz
Hell yeah.
Goddamn I am so excited for this.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So is Superwoman the first Rebirth book to get closed down? I can't recall for sure, but if so that's an impressive streak considering how New 52 went in terms of cancellations during its beginning years.

And I guess Young Animal's crossover is delayed because they're still waiting for Doom Patrol to get to issue #12. I wouldn't mind so much if every other book wasn't getting put on pause while DP catches up. I really miss Shade the Changing Girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I imagine it'll be like the Rebirth special. On release day it's 2.99 or whatever, and then subsequent reprintings will be sold at a higher price.