Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

peanut posted:

Ceremony to ask God(s) for their approval before construction starts.

You got the fixins for a decent party there. Stuffed cabbage leafs, roast leeks, frozen banana pops, sangria... EDIT: is that a side of TUNA at the top left?

By the way, what do you do with stuff left at shrines? Like, fresh veg and stuff that's gonna go bad. Do you just clean it up after it goes off, or are you allowed to use it after a certain amount of time?

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=culcenqXh1s

Hello, Welcome to Begin Japanology. I'm Peter Barakan, and holy poo poo is Japan Awesome/Weird/I Have Strange Taste In Shirts. Did you know that the japaneese are pee-shy?

Also, my parents have one of those fancy toilet seats with the robot butt washer and heating and fake flush noises. It scares me a little.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 3, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

peanut posted:

This is the final floorplan, but you can still criticize it. Our jewels and cash will be in my desk in the master bedroom.

Whhhyyyyy are you telling us this? Have people commented on your lack of planed valuables storage?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

sirr0bin posted:

Use side cutters to remove the staples. Don't just squeeze hard and cut the staples, use moderate pressure and the angled part of the cutters to pry each side of the staple up grabbing them from as close to the subfloor as possible. Works like a charm.

Painting the subfloor will look like poo poo. I'd put some cheap vinyl flooring in instead of painting. Easy to remove when you want to install something nicer.

Even the cheap laminate looks pretty ok if you dont want to make the investment of wood. Wears really well too. https://m.lowes.com/pl/Laminate-flooring-Laminate-flooring-accessories-Flooring/4294856495

(and, y'know, you can always put it on the ceiling too)

\/\/Same! Very dog/cat resistant and easy to clean. Just don't leave it damp, it expands and peels like crazy.\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 28, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Seconding shelves in the angle-y dead area of the alcove. What's in that little hidden away area?

Also, nice choice of wall paper, paint and floor, that could have been a very claustrophobic space. Did you do that?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pollyanna posted:

I'm considering ditching one of the mattresses, moving it to the (currently kind of bare for seating) living room, and using it as a substitute for a couch while I get a real bedframe to replace it. For some reason, I'm a bit hesitant to do this - is it considered wasteful to get a different bedframe if I don't​ like my current one? I'd have to spend some extra money, and it'd be more stuff in my apartment, and I've already got a (not very satisfying but) bigger setup...

You spend a third to half of your life in bed. For centuries, the bed was the most prized possession in the home. Shakespeare left his second best bed to his wife in his will. A good bed is an investment in good sleep, which directly impacts your health and happiness. Upgrading to a better bedframe if you have the dosh to spare is the foremost upgrade in furniture one should make when they have the money. While you're at it, invest in a good mattress.

Behold, the history of the British bedroom to illustrate the importance of beds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_WPeZ9U228

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pollyanna posted:

I feel better about this now. :) Is there a particular kind of bedframe that's easy to disassemble? Or just get one that looks simple? The Brimnes daybed is a bitch and a half to disassemble, such that I have no idea how the movers got it up here in the first place when I moved. I saw that one Floyd platform bed and although it looks pretty convenient to lug around, I'm not sure what to think of it. And I'm a big fan of good mattresses, too - that'll be top on my list. Might get this Malm frame with some storage, the storage is super useful.

One thing's for certain, next frame I get will definitely have a headboard. I have learned this lesson. :cry:

edit: For non-IKEA stuff (which I'm perfectly happy to move on from), this one from Zinus looks pretty good - I like how it's packaged. Unfortunately, I don't know if it comes with a headboard...or if I'll even be able to fit one up here.

Agggh this is old but I gotta go ahead and warn against the BRIMNES Storage headboard. It sounds like a great idea, but I don't use those little deep cupboards for anything. The top is nice to have, I put lamps and cups of tea up there, but the headboard storage is just too deep and narrow for much use. Maybe if you find a drawer or bin that fits it, it would be good underwear storage, but that's it. The under-bed storage is great though, I live out of those two drawers.

My sister got a really nice bedframe and headboard for a decent price, gotta find the manufacturer. One of those veteran owned and run, made in the USA dealies.

edit: https://www.eluxurysupply.com/collections/bed-frames-platform-beds is where it's from. The mattresses are also really nice.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I got a cool pendulum lamp from a friend, but the place I want to hang it is nowhere near an outlet. Also, the bulb socket in this thing is weird. Are there kits for turning a lamp into a battery powered LED one?

And, as much as I hate the internet of things, a wifi connection so I could gently caress with it from my phone and put it on a timer would be swift as hell

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 19, 2019