Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
From someone who's only spent a week of their life somewhere, that is seriously a poo poo ton of highly detailed answers. I don't even think I could give such detailed explanations about etiquette in Switzerland after 7 years of living here and having family here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Sounds like it should be an awesome trip. I spent 3 weeks around China with my dad about 16 years ago when it was just starting to open up and he was getting wined and dined and shown around everywhere, and it was one of the most memorable travel experiences of my life. I haven't been back to China since, and I doubt I will even remotely recognize Beijing or Shanghai the next time I'm there. I imagine your Myanmar trip will by similar (except you are the target person, rather than the relative-of-target-person).

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
What do you do that brings you to Myanmar for work, anyway? If it's a question you don't mind answering.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Original_Z posted:

One interesting thing is that some of the flights land at other destinations to pick up and drop off passengers at cities on the way. You don't have to deplane and the stops are only a few minutes long.

FWIW a lot of airlines do this. Even some of the Swiss Air flights out of Zurich have stopovers where some people deplane and others don't, before it continues on to its final destination.

Thanks for the visit reports! Interesting to see how much has changed so quickly. As a tourist, it's a difficult decision on whether to go now before things have changed too much, or go later when things have changed but at least ATMs and hotels and transport and etc are easier to deal with.

• Locked thread