Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Not dry, boring lawsuits, of course, but the stupid idiots trying to get away with crime lawsuits, or just interesting ones. Sovereign citizen posts are also fun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestoflegaladvice This is a goldmine of people trying to get advice from the internet, and it backfiring spectacularly.

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/4cbavd/unjust_situation_in_florida_my_friend_got_denied/

quote:

So my friend needs help but I don't know what to do or how to help. Basically the situation is that he tried to get custody of his kid from his ex-girlfriend. She won the lottery last year but she wouldn't help him out when he needed so he thought if he got custody she would have to pay him child support.
But instead he got denied custody and isn't allowed to see his kid at all or even pick up his kid from school when his kid starts school this fall. He also got told he has to pay her 2 yrs worth of back child support and child support going forward even though she's never asked for child support or for him to be involved ever. How can they do this if she never tried to get him involved? It's unjust that he will go bankrupt when she won the lottery and has lots of money. Can he appeal this or something? He's real worried and I want to help him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know if it counts as a lawsuit because I'm not sure it ever went to court, but is Curtis Got Slapped By A White Teacher a valid response?

Because it should be.

The TLDR for those of you that have never heard of it: insane sovereign citizen mom's kid gets smacked in the face by a teacher, so she writes a crazy 40-page manifesto to the school, the state, and to the feds (specifically President Obama) full of demands, declarations, threats, and just reams of complete loving insanity.

Any insane documents that the government is forced to look at is fine for the sake of this thread, because I don't want to limit the schadenfreude

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/47uexn9c

TLDR Idiot game developers try to raise money to file a lawsuit against a fat English video game critic because he laughs at their terrible games so they think he's costing them millions of dollars in lost sales.

Haha holy gently caress, crowdfunding a lawsuit like that is the dumbest idea I've seen in a while

• Locked thread