Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't know the exact details, and can't be arsed looking for them:

But there was the case where an old retired judge sued a Korean Laundry place for burning his suit pants for a bajillion dollars in damages. His argument was they had a sign that said "satisfaction guaranteed", and that he wasn't satisfied.

The case went to court and went through several appeal processes, (I think), with the judges knowing that it was spurious, but having to follow the exact letter of the law and every bullshit little procedure because the plaintiff was a retired judge that knew the law.

He brought in several nonsensical witnesses, including if I remember rightly, an old woman who had nothing to do with the incident but instead just complained about the holocaust.

The family that ran the laundry was nearly bankrupted by all the legal fees, and court costs etc, and had to rely on donations to even eat and pay rent.

I dunno how it ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gervasius posted:

He sued Warsaw Pact, NSDAP, Plato and Christopher Reeve's widow :wtc:

e: Jesus Christ this keeps going.

I'm more concerned that he chose to sue Weird Al Yankovic.

The man is clearly a monster.

• Locked thread