Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What are the legal and ethical boundaries to humouring someone's delusions like that? Because if that hasn't worked I can see it doing some damage to people's careers and mental states.

I guess it depends on how isolated delusions are. if it's a once-off thing (which I guess it isn't) it'd be fine. On the other hand, dissenting voices may work as a way for delusional people to pull themselves back to reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

kin
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/12/lawyer-with-3-harvard-degrees-loses-his-mind-over-4-chinese-food-overcharge/

Harvard Law rear end in a top hat threatens to sue a family owned Chinese restaurant with two locations over a $4 discrepancy between the outdated online menu prices and what he was actually charged. Backs down when publicly shamed on the internet (and has probably learned nothing)

kinda like that psychopath judge with missing pants

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The reason those vids are so great is secretly the cops. As soon as the sov cit starts spouting their bullshit you can just see these little flashes of seething hatred across the officers faces. Also the reason cops go hard on them (busting windows, popping tasers, etc) is because sov cits used to be, and to a certain extent still are, avid cop killers.

As a non-American, most of those videos display wild overreactions on the part of the 'police' include utterly uncalled for taser use. There are also a few videos where the cops back off when they start spouting their nonsense, which doesn't imply anything good about the cops

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

So....it's bad if they react and bad if they leave?

Tasing somebody for mouthing off at you is totally hosed up. Breaking somebodies window because they're being a dick is hosed up.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Korgan posted:

Why did you put police in scare quotes?

I'm like 60% sure that a lot of american police just bought their uniforms at costume shops.

Edit: For actual content, see https://www.reddit.com/r/badlegaladvice

• Locked thread