Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

This government keeps loving up at breakneck speed. Questions how competent they will be on the campaign trail.

The frequency with which theyre throwing up and then discarding obviously horrible tax ideas does not fill me with confidence. To be blunt, theyre idiots, they have noidea what to do and we're all hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

From the brain of scott morrison

!DO NOT STEAL!

Tax idea #8; threaten children somehow?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

MiniSune posted:

SMH reporting Kevin Andrews would challenge Turnbull.

I find that hard to believe in any multiverse, let alone this one.

:roflolmao:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

21 November, before a meeting at which that investigation was discussed, the deputy director of the oceans and atmosphere business unit, Andreas Schiller, sent an email summarising what CSIRO executives thought ought to be done.

The focus should be to “maximise impact on nation”, he said, and “not doing science for science sake”. He said “public good is not good enough, [it] needs to be linked to jobs and growth”.

In March Alex Wonhas, the executive director of environment, energy and resources, told the Senate inquiry public good research was not being cut: “I want to categorically say that is not the case ... Public good research has been the absolute foundation of what the CSIRO has been doing over our very long history.”

But on 18 January, about two weeks before the cuts were announced, Schiller wrote to the director of the unit saying they should aim to cut 120 staff. That would “allow a clean cut in terms of eliminating all capability associated with ‘public good/government-funded climate research’”.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Our new strategy will see us continue to deliver research outcomes that benefit Australians and the international community. This includes in our key focus areas such as cybersecurity and digital disruption, business transformation, agriculture, health, and climate adaptation and mitigation.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sludge Tank posted:

Beat me to it.

I work with a lot of CSIRO people and you can taste the frustration. They get pigeon holed for merely presenting facts as "lefties/environmentalists" etc. Such a shame to see such amazing people treated like excess baggage. One scientist I worked with said she'd come back with all this data about ocean acidification and then just get jumped on as a communist. They don't even offer solutions, they just present the facts. I wish all the best for those boffins.

Who was doing the pigeon holing and communist jumping? People inside the csiro or members of the public or what?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

a toss big brain NOT

Why do they want him fired? I dont watch the show and the facebool about page was blank.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

The Brisbane mother at the centre of a botched child recovery in Lebanon that led to the detention of a 60 Minutes reporter and crew, has been arrested and her children handed over to her husband.

Wait didnt they do a thing about bad immigrants in sweden last week or so?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Yeah sure i'll get a blood transfusion from somebody who claims to be aids but youre "pretty sure" theyre faking it. Blood tests are flawless, after all

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

If thats the best they can come up with the abc must be running a pretty tight ship

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Uu7uugh the abc charter says not to be racist they must be really racist otherwise why would they need a rule about it also ipads * chuggs own diarrhea*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

This seems unusual. Is there some kind of precedent for this of is Geelong as bad as I've heard?

Geelong Council to be sacked by Victorian Government after scathing report

When lyons was elected by idiots he said he looked up to 1) boris johnson and 2)margaret thatcher.

This is probably a good thing is my point.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Barnabeet

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Labor arent being a small target on the economy though. For an opposition party they are being a very big target. They made that clear by going after negative gearing. Bowen is setting the economic agenda right now and morrison is reacting. For all the coalition bluster about morrison being the next big thing hes struggling to see off a man with a funny beard.

Labor were awful in the first year or so of opposition and they still have many policies i find personally distasteful but they are performing extremely well over the last year. Especially at framing the debate. They have seen off one prime minister in record speed and have pulled an extremely popular moderate to 50/50 polling with bill shorten.

Tbf abbott was taken out entirely by own goals

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

"I had a commitment for a $10 million allocation to the Wangaratta hospital that, if elected, I was going to announce the week after the election. That is $10 million that Wangaratta hasn't had because Cathy [McGowan] got elected," Ms Mirabella said.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and former MP Sophie Mirabella in Canberra last weekend. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen.

"So the question is: who can best deliver that funding in a Turnbull Coalition government? It's about who has the ability and the knowledge and the contacts in government to go to the top of the list. Cathy wasn't able to do it - I will be."
Jesus lmao what a great thing to say

hooman posted:

Sophia Mirabella's attempts to get re-elected are the best evidence I have seen for the just world fallacy being true.

RE-elected. Just world: busted

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Can you post the whole saturday paper thing? Tia

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tyvm :cheers:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

tithin posted:

Bet this is a frame

Its the girlfriend of cunneens son so prob not

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ket posted:

Is that the one that was coached to have chest pains?

Yes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The prime minister says increasing supply of land and changing residential zoning is a better solution to housing affordability

In a further indication of the Coalition’s election policies Michaelia Cash, the employment minister, told Sky News the government would back a policy of “incremental” industrial relations changes.

Driving down the value of the most important asset for most Australians is not a strategy for economic growth and enhanced prosperity.”

Turnbull and Morrison nominated increasing the supply of land and changing zoning for residential construction as the solution to housing affordability.

Cash said homeowners would be harmed “if you take $1 off [the value of] their house, the asset they have worked hard for, that’s going to see them to retirement”.

http://gu.com/p/4tt6z

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I stuck a bunch of needles in my taint and now i cant stop having babies

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

when did they start having school kids march in anzac parades? not in a band or whatever, just 'and here are the local private and public school kids'

loving creepy anzac-jugend

All the actual anzacs are dead. Need something to bulk up the parade a bit

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

The army has an unbelievably toxic culture so it's not surprising that people who survive (or worse thrive in) it tend to have some pretty heinous attitudes. It's taken me a long time to help my housemate understand the difference between what was drilled into them in the army and the way the real world works. I remember they used to have a go at me when I didn't go to work because I had a cold because I was being "weak" and a "malingerer" and I was like, "What the poo poo, work would send me home when I'm like this because they don't want me sicking up the place and getting everyone else unwell!".

It's like all the bullying and exclusion and abuse and power games of children translated into the adult world, they grab these kids at 17 and make sure they never ever grow up. At least that's my limited experience of people who have served (as infantry) and gotten out.

Malingerer? Seriously?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The vampire squid thing is ok too

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2016/04/labor-versus-the-giant-australian-vampire-squid/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cartoon posted:

I got through ANZAC day without seeing anything that disturbed me much. I can not fathom the AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI crowd though. ANZAC was a massive failure. Our forefathers wanted us to remember what it meant to follow a foreign master into a stupid conflict half way around the world. Want to remember and honour their memory?

Anzac day is the day we commemorate one of the times stephen j fry almost got everybodys granddad shot

Tarantula posted:

Going back to ANZAZ stuff for a moment, when and why the gently caress do people keep saying the soldiers died protecting our freedums? It's incredibly untrue, this country has never had its freedoms threatened by another country and ESPECIALLY during WW1 so where the gently caress are people getting the idea the ANZACs died for our freedum?

Because we import about 75% of our national identity wholesale from america

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Next year for anzac in rolling coal. Lest we forgrt

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-26/png-rules-detention-on-manus-island-illegal/7360078

Papua New Guinea's Supreme Court rules detention of asylum seekers on Manus Island is illegal

Papua New Guinea's Supreme Court has ruled Australia's detention of asylum seekers on Manus Island is illegal.

The five-man bench of the court ruled the detention breached the right to personal liberty in the PNG constitution.

There are 850 men in the detention centre on Manus Island, about half of whom have been found to be refugees.

The Supreme Court has ordered the PNG and Australian Governments to immediately take steps to end the detention of asylum seekers in PNG.

:eyepop:

Png and australia reclassify refugees as independant contractors

open24hours posted:

What do you think would have happened to Australia if the British had lost WW1?

We could have offloaded queensland

The threat of surrendering northern australia up to the brisbane line to any invading force did more to protect australia than any me too adventurism

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Why are these middle eastern countries so intent on stopping us rescuing their children dont they know how good australia is to children what are they trying to hide surrender your young

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Squirting is pee.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

From that links comments

This study quite categorically differentiates between female ejaculate (a small amount of fluid which contains PSA from the Skene's gland) and 'squirt' (up to a cup of fluid from the bladder). This study says NOTHING about female ejaculate or its composition, so no, this is not proof that 'female ejaculation is just pee'. :shrug:

Somebody says this everytime lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nobody important*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anybody see lateline? Did people on naru set themself on fire and drink laundry soap because they knew unhcr were on the island? :eyepoop:

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Does anyone have family or friends that live in/lived in Australia that do not speak English. I always assumed it would be extremely difficult.

Ive known a couple of people whos parents were from the old country, they watched sbs and hung out with other expats

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What sort of pressure can be applied by the government to GPs in the problem post codes to justify or correct their high average? Are they subject to reviews, or whatever, or is it entirely at their discretion?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Never found a person who took scott adams seriously that wasnt a massive idiot

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Im scott adams and im here today to rip off and mangle the concept of memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My favourite adams thing was his long range sex hypnosis

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/136330131311/hypnotizing-you-to-have-the-best-new-years-day

quote:

Warning: This post involves real hypnosis on the reader, and it is intended for adults only. Do NOT read further unless you have already read parts 1-3. 

You know I already told the bedroom-submissives reading this blog to obey my orders tonight and find a way to thank me. This group is quivering in anticipation and has my permission to enjoy the evening. You are my favorites. Be good.

For those of you who felt anti-aroused reading this blog series, I recognized your brain wiring as the no-by-reflex personality type, and in Part 2 I hypnotized you to NOT enjoy your New Year’s celebration, or the following day, with deeply satisfying orgasms. If you enjoy yourself sexually during this holiday, it means I am controlling you with my hypnosis, and this group doesn’t want that. So keep your sex drive to yourself. If you can.

Most of you have begun to feel the change. My email (Dilbertcartoonist@gmail.com) is starting to fill with stories from readers who have had spontaneous orgasms since Part 1 – because they feel my intention – as you do now. For perspective, about 20% of the public would normally respond to my suggestions immediately. The rest of you require repetition. And you are getting it.

Regular readers know that I used my background in hypnosis to accurately predict nine-out-nine political events in 2015, while most political professionals got zero right. That makes me the best political pundit of the year.

Actually, that probably makes me the best political predictor in the history of Earth. Nine out of nine – and none of the predictions were obvious or based on trajectory.

You might also know some of my back story, and wonder how someone can become a cartoonist with no experience, no training, and no artistic talent. The answer is that I did it the same way I predicted nine-out-of-nine political events in 2015. Persuasion is a learned skill.

This week I helped you focus on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s day. Some of you took that opportunity to plan ahead so you could improve your odds of an amazing and orgasmic send-off to 2015.

Some of you directed a spouse or lover to this blog series to make sure you are on the same page tonight and tomorrow. That also improved your odds, but you don’t yet realize how much. 

This week, most of you had multiple thoughts about the suggestions I put in your minds. Perhaps something in the environment triggered those thoughts, as I said would happen. Or maybe the thoughts seemed to come from nowhere. Your thoughts triggered small but automatic releases of happy-sex chemistry in your body, by reflex. Everyone is different, so you might not notice the difference yet.

Science tells us...

I cut a lot out and thats not even half the post. Theres a lot of comedy in scot adams :chloe:

• Locked thread