Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

I watched the latest Feminist Frequency video and it was pretty good.
If a single person responds to or discusses this I will be disappointed in all of you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others
Ni No Kuni.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

how is he not permabanned with 3 pages worth of bans and probations, anyway?
He hasn't done anything worth permabanning. I just needed him to go away for a bit because he was making GBS threads up a few different threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Ratchet and Clank on ps4 probably will own

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Aerith" is a mistranslation. Her name is Eric.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eric Gainsbro

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

On my PS3, I have the entirety of Metal Gear Solid. (1,2,3,4,5, ground zeroes and revengeance - there are probably more but I'm not very knowledgeable with them).

I've played 20 or so minutes of 1, but it is difficult and I want to jump straight to Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain because everyone gushes about them and it is apparently set in my favourite decade. Should I just suck it up and play everything in order?
Yes, play them in order. The first half hour to hour of every MGS game is hard because you have to learn how everything works. GZ and V are very different from the rest of the series. Also, everyone has different favorites, so they're all worth experiencing.

I also don't know how well V runs on the PS3. I haven't tried but I've heard mixed things.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just play them in order. They're not that long, and each has a lot to recommend them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, the first two share a lot in tone and theme, but otherwise they're all pretty distinct.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And again, you might be surprised by which one you like best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh nooooo you guys sometimes games in a series change, instead of all being the same game forever, aaaaaaaaaa, let's freak the gently caress out aaaaaaaaaaa

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

It is decided. I am going to do my best to get through MGS1 and play them in order!

Also I am european so my HD remastered disc might have peacewalker on it! If not I'll play it when I get to it. It comes before 5 and after 4, yes?
It was released after 4, yeah. I wasn't a fan, but a lot of people really enjoy it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I know the chronological order of the games is a little whack, but I figure I'll get the best out of the games if I play them in release order because that's how those who love them experienced it.

Might make a start on MGS1 in a few. I am terrible at video games.
Go to GameFAQs and look up the controls. There are a lot of options you don't realize you have. That's why MGS1 is so hard at the beginning.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

that's mgs2 and 3. you'd hold the button lightly to raise your gun and press down to fire.

they remapped it in the hd releases.
Very cool. I only played the HD version so I missed it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I just met revolver ocelot and goodness me he is a lot of fun. Though I accidentally blew up president baker because I put down c4 instead of using my socom thingie.
The cutscenes around this part of the game are so good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stock footage of nuclear tests with narration about the Cold War is extremely my thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Natasha is here to tell you that nukes are bad. Okay now you don't have to call her ever again.
I only ever made like three codec calls in MGS3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mistle posted:

If you ever get the urge to play again, make more codec calls, all the ones in 3 are great.

Especially re: food options
2 is my favorite in the series but I got really sucked into 3 and played the entire thing in a single session on a Saturday, so when I replay it I'm going to take a little extra time to check everything out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

i just call them tactical RPGs or grid based RPGs
Isometric Tactical Simulations

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

One of the major themes of the post MGS3 games is that everybody who knew The Boss either accidentally or purposely misconstrued what The Boss believed in. The Boss pretty much said, that "Yeah the world governments suck right now but things will get better, just keeping doing the right thing. And while I'll be seen as a traitor, I willing to die and sacrifice my life and legacy to save the world." Big Boss and Zero both completely missed the point and actively made the world worse in what they thought The Boss wanted to the point where paramilitary companies rule the world and dudes like Armstrong can become President.
I think it depends on whether you believe her monologue before the last battle represents what she really believes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mgs1 is a cool fuckin game
Yeah.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jesus Christ a new RBI Baseball game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phantasium posted:

That's actually the third one, MLB bought the rights and it's been a yearly franchise since 2014.

They've been aggressively okay.
That's bizarre to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they bring Ken Griffey Jr.'s Major League Baseball back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's going to be the best two and a half hours you'll ever spend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's so special about the new Ratchet and Clank game? I was a fan of the first few on the PS2, and I played one on the PS3 but got stuck in some space pirate ship yard. I haven't seen any trailers or gameplay footage of it on the one gaming website I check (Kotaku, great shame I bring upon my family). Is it a reboot or something?
It's a tie-in to the movie, which is a mashup of the first game's plot with some other stuff.

Also the one you played on PS3 was Tools of Destruction, which is just okay, but you missed its sequel, Crack in Time, which is amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

I feel this way about Remember Me, a game I cannot recommend but nonetheless thoroughly enjoyed and will probably replay.
I love Remember Me, flaws and all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

Fine I'll just copy everyone's opinion about whatever and then we'll all have to get along.
I'm glad to see you're stupid enough to believe this is the problem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Imagine Alex Jones playing Metal Gear Solid.
This was the pitch for Deus Ex.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

If it weren't for her fuckboi robot stealing the show that entire section would be a wash.
Are you Cabbagepots?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How long will the artists keep drawing brand new ones

As long as their haircuts are big spiky blue ones

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Sakamoto got shoved into a loving closet after that and he hasn't been allowed to touch anything major since, thankfully.
This is why the new Metroid game is going to be so good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Fusion's plot is also bad.
It's fine except for the weapon authorization thing. The X, the actual fusion, the SA-X, the station, etc. are all great Metroid ideas.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Hey do you guys remember Phazon?"

"What?"

"Phazon. Remember? It was all over the place for like three, maybe four years."

"Was it a drink?"

"No no, it was a goo. It made things bigger and they glowed. Like the mutagen from Ninja Turtles."

"Oh... okay, cool. Cool."

"The space pirates were into it."

"The lobster dudes?"

"They're not... look, they just have big hands. Big claw hands."

"Oh. So uh... why are we on this planet again?"

"Metroids."

"What's a Metroid?"

"Big floaty thing. Eats your brains."

"Huh. Hope one doesn't get into the Phazon."

"Nah, that stuff's gone."

"What, like all of it?"

"Yeah."

"Huh."

"Yep."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The federation betraying Samus
I don't remember this, what happens?

Motto posted:

it's more linear than the typical metroid, and getting locked into exposition rooms got tiring, esp since a lot of them were reminding you of stuff you already had a marker for. Still really like it though; being my first Metroid probably helped.
It's pretty good. Great controls. All the criticisms are legit, though. It has a lot of issues.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

What is it about the word "rogue" that causes so many misspellings
"gue" isn't a very common combination of letters in English, and "rouge" is also a word.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oh my god all of you shut the gently caress up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I wonder what the overlap between this and people who complained the protagonists of the new Star Wars were a white woman and a black man is.
Surprisingly, zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

You don't need any help, the game is easy.
Kind of hilariously so. Almost by accident I created an Engineer that stunned enemies on something like three out of four attacks. Most of what I was fighting never even attacked me.

• Locked thread