Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All of my old controllers are squeaky pieces of crap, I want to buy a new one for Derp Souls 3. Whats better the Dual shock 4 or the new Xbox One controller with the good bumpers? Which is cheaper? Which one do you like more. If you could only use one what would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
You need a DS controller to play DS3

[edit]
I really don't like the xbox controller, so I don't know if it's good or not.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like both but the x1 controller has a better build for PC games imo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm too used to dual shock controllers for souls games to go with anything else

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The DS4 is an excellent controller

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whats the deal with DS4 + PC. How does it connect.. it uses micro USB right ? Do I need an adapter?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Whats the deal with DS4 + PC. How does it connect.. it uses micro USB right ? Do I need an adapter?

It's a regular micro USB cable, you can also pair over Bluetooth, there's a third-party program called DS4Windows that lets you use all the features and emulate a 360 controllers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i still use a 360 controller. its just very solid and is perfectly compatible w everything

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does a Micro USB fit into a regular USB hole?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i still use a 360 controller. its just very solid and is perfectly compatible w everything

The bumper on my comtroller turned lovely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Does a Micro USB fit into a regular USB hole?

No they have two different ends like this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

No they have two different ends like this

Thats absurd. So I need to buy two cables then, one to make the end of it fit in the USB hole on my computer?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats absurd. So I need to buy two cables then, one to make the end of it fit in the USB hole on my computer?

No, it's one cable with different size ends, one plugs into the controller and the other into a USB port on your PC

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

No, it's one cable with different size ends, one plugs into the controller and the other into a USB port on your PC

So the small end goes into the controller hole and the normal size USB plugger goes into the computer's front USB hole?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

So the small end goes into the controller hole and the normal size USB plugger goes into the computer's front USB hole?

;)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I need a straight answer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I need a straight answer.

but youre talking about plugging holes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

first, OP, you need to ask yourself if you are a gamer pleb Retard that doesn't have all button prompts programmed into your hand. will you dumbly press the Playstation X button when you see an Xbox X prompt in-game? if so then buy an xbox one controller for Retards

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

if not then buy the far superior Dualshock 4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

first, OP, you need to ask yourself if you are a gamer pleb Retard that doesn't have all button prompts programmed into your hand. will you dumbly press the Playstation X button when you see an Xbox X prompt in-game? if so then buy an xbox one controller for Retards

No. I'm above that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok so DS4 has the same plugging thing as the DS3 right? Im looking at my DS3 and theres a small bit that sticks into the controller but the end of it is a normal USB plugging end which works with pretty much every hole on my computer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok so DS4 has the same plugging thing as the DS3 right? Im looking at my DS3 and theres a small bit that sticks into the controller but the end of it is a normal USB plugging end which works with pretty much every hole on my computer.

No. DS3 uses Mini USB which is different from Micro USB. Yes it's incredibly retarded

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
did they make a newer xb1 controller? I don't really like the bumpers on my current one.

in training mentioned a driver that lets you use the touchpad on the DS4 for PC games in another thread.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

No. DS3 uses Mini USB which is different from Micro USB. Yes it's incredibly retarded

Ok but thats the end that pushes into my controller's top part, so it doesnt even matter, right? The other end is the one Im concerned about.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I can't go to best buy and replace my old ds3 charging cables bc they phased them out for the ds4s. ;-;

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

If you buy a DualShock 4 it should come with the appropriate cable because that's also how the controller charges. You put the little end in the controller and the big one in your PC.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Harrow posted:

If you buy a DualShock 4 it should come with the appropriate cable because that's also how the controller charges. You put the little end in the controller and the big one in your PC.

Thank you. DS4 it is. Thank you. Topic locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:grin:

• Locked thread