Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Acid, Amnesty, and Abortion at long last!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mofabio
May 15, 2003
(y - mx)*(1/(inf))*(PV/RT)*(2.718)*(V/I)
presidency would include:
- legalize weed
- break up big banks
- stop the reaction on abortion

presidency should include but won't:
- repeal taft-hartley
- prosecuting police departments
- mass use of pardon power
- greenhouse gas reductions (CPP ain't doin poo poo)
- medicare for all

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mofabio posted:

- mass use of pardon power

To pardon what?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jewel Repetition posted:

To pardon what?

Hillary Clinton

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jewel Repetition posted:

To pardon what?

I farted.

e: sorry.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!

Jewel Repetition posted:

To pardon what?

our sins

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Eugene Debs will rise from the grave and consume 1000 bankers to become whole and reign as VP

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Literally nothing will happen because the Bernie Bros will pat themselves on the back, and then Democrats will get owned in 2018 because no one bothers to show up, ushering in a Republican age of darkness.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Rhukatah posted:

Same as Clinton or Trump:

Offtopic, but goddamn if that isn't one of the finest special effects shots ever put to film.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

seiferguy posted:

Literally nothing will happen because the Bernie Bros will pat themselves on the back, and then Democrats will get owned in 2018 because no one bothers to show up, ushering in a Republican age of darkness.

this reads like something the clinton campaign paid someone to write

lol @ unironic "bernie bros"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tetracube posted:

this reads like something the clinton campaign paid someone to write

lol @ unironic "bernie bros"

I like the game Bernie is talkin' but if he's gonna become president and implement the many things he's talked up, he's gonna at the very least need a Democratic congress behind him. With his supporters being millenials and millenials skipping the polls in the non-leap even years, he's gonna be stuck dealing with obstructionist Republicans.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Agreed, clearly Clinton has a much more energized base of supporters, as evidenced by her smashing success in the primary.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Helsing posted:

Agreed, clearly Clinton has a much more energized base of supporters, as evidenced by her smashing success in the primary.

Thanks, Geritol!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol

"things are hard, so why bother?" Hillary 2016

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This, but on a slightly larger scale:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Laphroaig posted:

So let's assume for a moment that the election from here on plays out with Hillary being indicted by the FBI before the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. The polls aren't radically off, there's no October surprise, no major terrorism incident, no dramatic economic collapse. Trump gets no traction outside his base and whites don't turn out in significantly larger numbers than last time. The Democratic base shows up on election day and finally elects a real Social Democrat into Office, Bernard 'Bernie' Sanders.

What do the next four years look like? I'm less interested in Bernard's specific policies, which I think we can reliably assume will be some mix of progressivism plus a lot of congressional gridlock and theatrics. I'm more interested in what happens to all the angry restive Shillaries and Trumpstaffel. The establishment faced a huge challenge this year, and was defeated by a Sanders campaign and an FBI investigation, but the Republican party would still be destroyed and have serious popular support for repealing NAFTA and other trade pacts. For the DNC, they would have lost due to a challenger from the Left; where do the washington-consensus factions from both parties go?

This is your thread to speculate wildly about just how much more insane the pressure cooker of American politics gets if both Trump and Hillary are shut out of power. Everyone's pissed, the economy is probably gonna fall off a cliff again, and Birdie Sanders is in the White House. What kind of bizare domestic political fallout can you imagine?

Put another way, if Trump doesn't win, then what lasting impact might he and Hillary leave on the system, if any? Does the Establishment switch up its playbook, do either of the parties try to tap this new found energy, do new political movements appear on the scene? A few years ago do we look back on this election as a turning point, or just a really weird and brief interruption to our regularly scheduled programming?

This thread is to somewhat discuss if we're all mentally prepared to allow Sanders to be president and what the gently caress that actually means for america

Sanders gives America a taste of what Venezuela is experiencing now, where the institution of Maduro is attempting to destroy all organized political opposition, and all institutions of opposition are attempting to degrade and destroy the institution of Maduro.

Bernie Sanders would be America's Caesar, but without the cool poo poo like being a loving awesome warhero who totes owned to the bones those Gauls and other tribal confederations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
well soon after the inauguration he would probably roll into the thread on page 3, quote the whole OP and say some dumb poo poo oh wait no that's MIGF sorry

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

literally nothing will change, nobody we elect will change anything because the real people with power are sitting offshore with billions in their banks, voting is a moral gesture at best

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

literally nothing will change, nobody we elect will change anything because the real people with power are sitting offshore with billions in their banks, voting is a moral gesture at best

Actually the real people in power are you, the American people, who get out of bed every day to go about your uninteresting lives for the sake of the rest of us who will make your community better.

Bernie Sanders may have the plant, but we have the power.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

seiferguy posted:

I like the game Bernie is talkin' but if he's gonna become president and implement the many things he's talked up, he's gonna at the very least need a Democratic congress behind him. With his supporters being millenials and millenials skipping the polls in the non-leap even years, he's gonna be stuck dealing with obstructionist Republicans.

I'm more worried about what Clinton will get done than what Sanders won't.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

owns

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

what movie is this from?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

what movie is this from?

Terminator 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9hL93HPMI

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Sanders Presidency will be perfectly preserved in the hopes and dreams of white millenials, an incorruptible beacon of what could have been if only the blacks and olds hadnt conspired to get secret Nazi Republican :shillary: KKKlinton elected instead. This Utopian Paradise will give them the strength to shirk civic duties and drop out of public policy issues for at least a decade, because everything bad will be Hillary's fault. It will also justify the already paternalistic views they had of those noisy blacks who are so easily bamboozled and frankly unfit to govern themselves.

The Sanders Presidency will be the perfect justification for all the things they already believed anyways, never sullied by the harsh light of reality.

It will be glorious.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Not a Step posted:

The Sanders Presidency will be perfectly preserved in the hopes and dreams of white millenials, an incorruptible beacon of what could have been if only the blacks and olds hadnt conspired to get secret Nazi Republican :shillary: KKKlinton elected instead. This Utopian Paradise will give them the strength to shirk civic duties and drop out of public policy issues for at least a decade, because everything bad will be Hillary's fault. It will also justify the already paternalistic views they had of those noisy blacks who are so easily bamboozled and frankly unfit to govern themselves.

The Sanders Presidency will be the perfect justification for all the things they already believed anyways, never sullied by the harsh light of reality.

It will be glorious.

That last line doesn't make you sound any less mad bro. :v:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Helsing posted:

That last line doesn't make you sound any less mad bro. :v:

Im melting down pretty hard over here. Nice of you to notice.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

nice meltdown

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jewel Repetition posted:

To pardon what?

People given absurd sentences under federal drug laws, like the people Obama has been slowly pardoning lately, but on a larger scale.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'mma whip out my junk and start batin and just never stop, p much.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The 1% and institutional investors liquidate enough stock into tax havens that the market takes a dive - the media narrative plays dumb about investor/consumer confidence while the White House tries to advance the narrative of the wealthy having a tantrum.

The people seriously engaged in class warfare want to goad the government into a trial of eminent domain vs. outrageous liquidity so the lapdog media can scream bloody murder about 'tyranny' and the end of freedom to acquire.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

http://youtu.be/XMm-o3GaU9g

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
http://youtu.be/hIl9mT9QYtM

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_dhUv_CrI

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Last week Liberty Maniacs, a T-shirt company, was accused by a lawyer for the Sanders campaign of using Bernie's campaign logo in a disparaging way. The lawyer sent a cease and desist to Liberty Maniacs, and the dust-up got coverage on The Daily Beast and Washington Post.

The T-shirt design in question is here:

I was a bit put out by the obnoxious tone of the coverage this story received, and so, like any person with too much time on his hands, I got involved. This lead to an interesting back and forth between myself and the T-shirt maker's lawyer, who thinks this matter is a killer free speech issue. ENJOY!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Death Ray posted:

Last week Liberty Maniacs, a T-shirt company, was accused by a lawyer for the Sanders campaign of using Bernie's campaign logo in a disparaging way. The lawyer sent a cease and desist to Liberty Maniacs, and the dust-up got coverage on The Daily Beast and Washington Post.

I was a bit put out by the obnoxious tone of the coverage this story received, and so, like any person with too much time on his hands, I got involved. This lead to an interesting back and forth between myself and the T-shirt maker's lawyer, who thinks this matter is a killer free speech issue. ENJOY!

Good job doing everything in your power to ensure more people see the Liberty Maniacs shirt that you clearly don't want people to see. What the hell were you thinking?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Death Ray posted:

I need that shirt.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Death Ray posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WhuikFY1Pg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It'd probably look like Jimmy Carter's presidency, but with a less friendly Congress.

• Locked thread