Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Groundfloor :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elite Taco posted:

Eve.

Eve Online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLdYVELWrQ

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hats off to the reimbursement team! Submitted my loss and received payment in just a few hours time. :stare:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Goons owning Thera would be amazing.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

abigserve posted:

A wormhole alliance dedicated to doing nothing but evicting other entities would be absolutely amazing but the mechanics of faction large towers and hole mass means it's basically impossible.

But the mechanics of citadels will make it very easy.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

drat right son.

Post your character name here and people will send you ISK for sure. I certainly will

I will too. Welcome to the war! :black101:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Zero posted:

turns out the secret investor behind THE MERC WARS is hilmar trying to save his ded game

Realtalk, I would be legit saddened if EVE finally did shut down. For better or worse, there really is nothing else like it out there, and the future seems to hold yet an endless stream of attempted WoW clones with the interesting ones being canned (EQ Next) and the rest turning into lovely pay 2 win cash grabs.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm diggin' all the old names coming back.

Between VFK being under siege and a chance to shoot PL smughitlers, TEST creepshots apologists, and former-ally turncoats, I don't see how anyone could not want to come back to the game right now.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For folks that are looking for a really clear and concise explanation of defensive strategy for the new sovereignty mechanics, Atrum put up a really nice new post about it last night that is currently pinned in The War Room. Highly recommend reading, as it is way easier to interpret than CCP's arcane wall-of-text devblobs on the topic.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zethe posted:

Has the horn been blown?

Mittani said in Elysium this morning that a State of the Goonion was coming tomorrow. :black101:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torpor posted:

Can someone edit the state of the goonion to make it not so mind numbingly cringe inducing?

lol just lol if you don't have a literal shrine to senpai Mittani in your bedroom and light a candle under his portrait each night whilst listening to the rallying cry of his past SOTGs.

:nyoron:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

:frogsiren: Pirate NPC titans available in nullsec only for high rewards just announced! :frogsiren:

-Showed a picture of an Avatar with the Blood Raider skin.
-Capitals not "required" per se, but the content is designed with capitals in mind.

Also talked about a new "burner drifter" super ship that has new AI. Apparently when you fight it, it may decide to warp off unless you point it. If it escapes, it is not tied to the site you found it in like most NPC AI. It will actually sit in space and remain there for you to scan it down and re-engage. If you do not within an undetermined amount of time, it will recruit other sleeper forces to make the encounter harder. Eventually the sleeper force might even attempt to drop on players in the system.

Stream ended. Here's a link to the full past broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/57827045 New PvE content discussion begins around 57:20. Hilarious DBRB interview was the segment before that.

Siets fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 31, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

frozenpussy posted:

Now it's a Goon's war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAJopwEYv8

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

darth cookie posted:

Text message I just received from my wife:

As I was reading the post and got to the part where the guy was talking about how "his weekend was going to be filled with internet space ships" my brain first ran to thinking "oh, I bet this guy is a TEST pubbie that can't wait to get slaughtered in VFK."

Nope, dude just wanted to loving mineeeee. :jerry:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

going to make a clicker game that's a ripoff of eve mining then make millions off the ad revenue because eve mining is like sonic where there's something about it that makes autistic people horny

The beauty of the entire thing behind pubbie miners is that they all actually secretly enjoy the torture they inflict on themselves. Yeah, they whine and stomp and cry when they get ganked. They post on CCP forums demanding highsec grant them full plot armor and be 100% gank immune. They bitch on Reddit. They reg up here as ScreamingLlama. Etc.

But there are plenty of loving trash heap space rock collector simulators out there that they could be playing right now. The X series or Space Engineers are the first that come to my mind. So why do they play EVE then if the ganking bothers them so much?

The reality, though they will never ever admit it, is that they enjoy the rush just like the rest of us when they know that there's a possibility that they could be ganked at any time in any system. That's what makes the entire thing more than "shoot laser at rock, go AFK" or "mine and chill" as SL put it.

Morons.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

so do I need to play Eve again? Last I checked everything I owned was in a carrier in Syndicate and I was logged off in a Falcon in Holesquad's home system.

I came back after a Holesquad hiatus as well. CCP processed a customer service request to have my ship moved from wormhole space back to Jita.

We need every able goon to return! Tomorrow night is set to be an absolute clusterfuck.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sakako posted:

Hey, thanks guys. I logged on this morning and found my account 100mil richer. :D (I have no idea whether that's actually pennies, but at low level it seems to be a lot of money)

As a poor newbie who struggled to make his first 100m ISK for several months back in 2007, I'd say you're doin pretty good! Money is very very relative to your skill points in this game. Right now, you only have the skills to use basic tech 1 modules and frigates. Those cost a pittance (most well under 1m ISK, fully fit) so you can basically go hog wild buying skill books for training, learning implants to speed up skill point learning, and splash the rest on whatever fleet ship you can fly according to the doctrine thread.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Conspiratiorist posted:

I don't give a gently caress. By all indications, the reason he left is because despite his years of brownosing, in the end he wasn't allowed into the coke snorting off vegas hookers inner circle. He wanted exclusive rights to takes mittens cock up his hairy welsh rear end.

My real grievance is with the culture that let this happen. And that poo poo came down from the top - a cultural revolution to purge actual goons, because all goonfleet is about is having obedient autistic drones.

Just lol at this post/name combo. :eyepop:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Magres posted:

worst case scenario goons get their teeth hammered down their throats, 'the imperium' breaks apart, and mittens announces goon pilgrimage to some ancestral homeland goons occupied at some point and goons go back to being a roving mongol horde instead of sitting on their asses collecting moon goo

alternately the above happens but instead of goon pilgrimage, goons go crash in/near co2 space and hellcamp them until they dissolve as an alliance

Not gonna lie, I think something like this would be incredibly fun, but that's also because I'm a rich enough player where the loss of SRP wouldn't hit me nearly as hard. The reality of the current moon money meta (as I understand it from my limited perspective at least) is that for goons to enjoy the generous SRP and other perks that we currently provide, we do need to keep hold on what we've got.

Goons living in Thera or Delve would be pretty cool to me though.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SOTG TL;DR-

-Two big timers to fight over today. Helping allies first immediately, then later fighting for VFK.
-Stain + Elo Knight's mercs will be joining us.
-Switching mainline doctrine to megathrons and apocs.
-Fweddit back as well (yay chikunz.)

So basically, here we go Fountain 2.0. :hellyeah:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Money Badger Memelords. UQ9 timer is ours! :laugh:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

They named their hotdrop group bokops, you have no loving clue how much I love these guys.

Holy poo poo that is fantastic. :duckie:

Also did you sub back up dude?!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

So, goons winning this one?

Yes. Our enemies are finding out the hard way that you can't just make Big Turnout Hurfposts and magically blob your way to a new nullsec. You actually need to coordinate your poo poo and show up to the right timers on time, properly account for TiDi, and win sov objectives as a result. For all the whinging about "goon blobbing" that our enemies harp, they always conveniently overlook the real reasons for our history of success in bloc warfare: our superior organization and strategy.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

Would you say we're not winning fast enough?

Given how goons always get off to slow starts in wars before showing their ~true form~...

Yes? :)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised people actually enjoy my EVE ~diplomatic update~ videos or whatever you want to call them. I think I sound boring as gently caress.

Baltec vs Baltec Fleet :black101:

For me, I'm just happy to have an EVE videographer who has an accent that I can comprehend. :shobon:

(Seriously I like delonewolf's stuff, but more than half the time I can't make out what he's actually saying and after a few minutes the constant rising of pitch thing he does at the end of every sentence makes me want to gouge my ears out. :shepface:)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

If posting about what is happening in a fleet I'm in and saying "both sides got stuff and we made a mistake" I am "smug posting" to you then your tolerance levels may be slightly out of whack.

Bat Country more like Butt Country.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

AAPsel posted:

his objections to mittens monetization schemes were made public in some leaked chatlogs. after that he said his position became untenable and left to pl with a severely diminished bat

It amazes me that the people who complain about TMC revenue checks have no qualms with the Rixx Javix "fix my personal finances because I am a fuckwit" Kickstarter.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

Do you have a quote from me on that? I think anyone who contributed to that were gullible idiots.

Naw not you. Just saw a bunch of redditors blathering about TMC paychecks in boat's stream earlier and the irony hit really hard.

You are fighting alongside these people though. :(

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I heard the team with the most team spirit wins!

My pug has an official Goonwaffe squeaky bee. Whatchoo got Money Badgers? Your move. :colbert:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're overdoing it a little bit on the brand loyalty there, friend.

Blue walls?

My ancestors were dutch. Blue and white is kind of our thing. :)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tonight's Laz fleet was the greatest EVE experience ever. :swoon:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torpor posted:

Dont give me a halfie, tell us what happened. :mad:

edit: drat emote skills are weak

Took a full fleet of Machariels out for stratop opsec stuff.

Enemy stood down because all they wanted to do today was lose.

We transition into alpha-ratting anoms in Deklein because why not.

Comms remain complete cancer almost the entire time, but mostly in one of those "feels good to be back" ways.

On our way home Rhymenoserous bubbles a neutral gang that we catch up to and completely butcher seven ways to Sunday.

We then get one jump out from home and hold on the gate for ~reasons~.

While holding, a giant Pandemic Horde gang jumps through and yet another massacre occurs with ships popping so fast most couldn't even lock their targets.

We continue to hold on gate one jump from home for ~reasons~.

Finally jump home and catch a "neutral" gang on the undock and tear them to shreds, including us bagging their Redeemer: https://zkillboard.com/kill/52971347/

May have gotten a few details backwards/wrong but that was the gist. loving hilarious/incredible night. Can't wait to go on more Laz war fleets.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So with NPC pirate titans coming and those pictures of the tracking titan stats...

We're screwed aren't we? :ohdear:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom

Meta Show going live now. Tune in for updates!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rapulum_Dei posted:

And if you don't someone will surely sell a fitted one to you with only a 40% markup.

Jita prices spike massively every time a war happens with goon doctrines. Just look at the price of interceptors doubling over the past few days as proof. The markup is not nearly what you think it is.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

Do facts outside the narrative frighten you?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

Well obviously, but I'm still curious. We're rapidly approaching the point where getting a super isn't immediate cause for me to log out and never play again, and so I'd like to know what I might expect when we finally kick your slavering hordes from the doorstep.

I'm not a good scammer. I tried a couple times but scamming is basically sales and I never could push those drat extended warranties.

How much time do you have to play on a given day/week, and how much ISK is your current wallet (especially if you sold off any expensive assets that you don't really use at the moment?)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

Couple hours here and there, can put some serious investment in on the weekend.

ISK is 200m. I'm just shy of 11b in assets, but I'm not interested in ditching most of them - it's generally tied up in my carrier, dread, couple blops bs and some t3 stuff. Assume I can do any sort of PvE

(actually looking at evething it looks like I've still got a handful of geckos hanging out on an alt, so ~900m if I sell off some stuff)

Basically as I understand it, you kind of need around 10bn ISK for market stuff (importing / station trading / inter-hub trading) to begin to be worth your time.

Until you reach that point, you will be doing space blue-collar stuff like carrier ratting, incursions, or blitzing burner missions like I am doing at the moment (though not as much due to all the rad fleet action right now.)

I recall making around 300m an hour in my Holesquad days running C4 sites in a rattlesnake. That is semi-consistent ISK though and depends on your tolerance of wormhole life.

Burner-blitzing makes you about 100-200m ISK an hour in rewards, loot, and LP. You can find the best corps to run missions for by looking at this site which shows the best ISK/LP item each corp is selling at the moment: http://evefight.com/ Once you've identified the corp, you follow the burner-blitzing guide that Querns linked much earlier in the thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub Note that there is a ~5bn ISK investment, as well as a short faction grind to get this process started, but it's really nice ISK-on-demand that pays out much better than even carrier ratting. If however, you have a lot of time to just AFK or semi-AFK rat, then yes you might as well leverage your carrier and abuse that until the end of the month (I don't, so I do burner-blitzing to make the most out of the time that I do have to play.)

When you hit that 10bn mark, ask around in GS_ISK what to do with it. If nobody is willing to give you a scheme, feel free to chat me up via jabber/PMs here. I've got some market stuff I'm working on at the moment that I wouldn't mind sharing with a few folks since I doubt I will be able to tap it out completely by myself.

edit: Ok between 200-900m. I'm not sure how active Incursion SIG is at the moment, but you can pick up a cheap T2 Hyperion or something and they will gladly take you on their fleets. Payouts via incursions tend to be between 100m-150m per hour if memory serves. The more DPS the group brings, the faster you can chain the sites. Great activity for long weekend ISK crunching, plus you get to chill in Mumble with people while doing it.

Burner blitzing requires that 5bn investment in ships and implants. You can skirt by with much less if you have really good support and tanking skills. I would rat/incursion up to a few billion, then consider doing burner blitzing until you have 10+bn in ISK and burner blitzing assets that you can sell back, then transition to an easy daily market routine. With 10bn ISK and a 45 minute per day market routine, you can pull in around 300m ISK a day if you really stick to it. Read this dude's journey as a pure marketeer in your spare time to get a good sense of this: http://marketsforisk.blogspot.com/2013/05/it-all-starts-here.html

Siets fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Denis posted:

Or alts farming lvl5 in lowsec.

Most straight forward ways of farming.

I would hardly call lvl5 carrier blitzers "straight forward". You need a bunch of faction mission pullers, as well as a carrier (possibly multiple carriers depending on where you do it), as well as the know-how to avoid people trying to gank your missioning carrier.

• Locked thread