Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

Join Hole Squad and find out (you might actually have to play the game with the rest of the imperium for a bit while you get skills). As for avoiding being fiddled I can't help you there.

But you are the legendary soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the legendary soldier was legendarily dumb as hell so

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Venom Snake posted:

uhhh I don't think carrier ratting is going to be a thing for a while since were being invaded atm

Weren't there like 5 snoobies who lost carriers last night because they had to keep making ~dank tickz~ even though there was a roaming gang and a fresh Thera WH 6ish jumps from JU-?

I am new around these parts but it seems like there are a lot of people who really don't do much besides rat and get minimum paps regardless of what is going on.

I mean, I realize I'm treading close to ~didn't want those members anyway~ as someone is sure to point out to me but :shrug:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stormgale posted:

But you are the legendary soldier.

I think your looking for another snake

Morris posted:

Weren't there like 5 snoobies who lost carriers last night because they had to keep making ~dank tickz~ even though there was a roaming gang and a fresh Thera WH 6ish jumps from JU-?

I am new around these parts but it seems like there are a lot of people who really don't do much besides rat and get minimum paps regardless of what is going on.

I mean, I realize I'm treading close to ~didn't want those members anyway~ as someone is sure to point out to me but :shrug:

Ratting at all right now means your dumb.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

i have no idea why people are surprised co2 flipped when they would be the one the 10 million of alliances in the past who did so when caught on the not winning team.

I assume if someone or some agent was fired it wouldn't be made public

The GIA isn't like the literal CIA or the Stasi, you know. It's just some dudes sneaking alts into enemy alliances, and CO2 weren't even the enemy.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Morris posted:

Nah the five guys were waffe and hole squad. The karmafleet carriers were a different incident and I think there were only three of them.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Venom Snake posted:

I'll have you know it means they're providing a valuable strategic benefit in Fozziesov.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

darth cookie posted:

Hey gently caress you, even Atrum can't complain about our wartime participation (although I'm sure he'd really, really, really like to) and that doesn't even include all the guys who are effectively hole violence but have characters in other corps.

Muh narrative :bahgawd:

(Querns paid me)

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 4, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Venom Snake posted:

I think your looking for another snake

you're really bad at you're

(you're illiterate)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're really bad at you're

(you're illiterate)

i'm sorry deadtear

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
better be :mad:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

(Querns paid me)

i pay everyone the inimitable and peerless gift of my posting

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

abrupt change of topic:

Say i'm pretty drat close to isk-broke right now and want to get supercarrier isk as soon as possible so that I can be hel buddies with querns - what would be the optimal way to go about this? Like, what's the "bootstrap your way to space upper middle class 101" strategy right now? Should I just be leveraging my nid for carrier ratting goodness right up to the point that that's no longer a thing?

I'm assuming the route is rat > importing > reactions > market fuckery or something like that

e: assume I'm not retarded and am acutely aware of the dangers of our bit of nullsec right now.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

Do facts outside the narrative frighten you?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ChickenWing posted:

abrupt change of topic:

Say i'm pretty drat close to isk-broke right now and want to get supercarrier isk as soon as possible so that I can be hel buddies with querns - what would be the optimal way to go about this? Like, what's the "bootstrap your way to space upper middle class 101" strategy right now? Should I just be leveraging my nid for carrier ratting goodness right up to the point that that's no longer a thing?

I'm assuming the route is rat > importing > reactions > market fuckery or something like that

e: assume I'm not retarded and am acutely aware of the dangers of our bit of nullsec right now.

It's probably not the ideal moment to be investing heavily in space hardware right now.

Many people in here would probably suggest scamming, although I don't really have the heart for it, myself.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Glory of Arioch posted:

The greatest gift of all! :kimchi:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

i have no idea why people are surprised co2 flipped when they would be the one the 10 million of alliances in the past who did so when caught on the not winning team.

GSF should flip, it would be hilarious.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Endie posted:

It's probably not the ideal moment to be investing heavily in space hardware right now.

Many people in here would probably suggest scamming, although I don't really have the heart for it, myself.

Well obviously, but I'm still curious. We're rapidly approaching the point where getting a super isn't immediate cause for me to log out and never play again, and so I'd like to know what I might expect when we finally kick your slavering hordes from the doorstep.

I'm not a good scammer. I tried a couple times but scamming is basically sales and I never could push those drat extended warranties.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

Well obviously, but I'm still curious. We're rapidly approaching the point where getting a super isn't immediate cause for me to log out and never play again, and so I'd like to know what I might expect when we finally kick your slavering hordes from the doorstep.

I'm not a good scammer. I tried a couple times but scamming is basically sales and I never could push those drat extended warranties.

How much time do you have to play on a given day/week, and how much ISK is your current wallet (especially if you sold off any expensive assets that you don't really use at the moment?)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Siets posted:

How much time do you have to play on a given day/week, and how much ISK is your current wallet (especially if you sold off any expensive assets that you don't really use at the moment?)

Couple hours here and there, can put some serious investment in on the weekend.

ISK is 200m. I'm just shy of 11b in assets, but I'm not interested in ditching most of them - it's generally tied up in my carrier, dread, couple blops bs and some t3 stuff. Assume I can do any sort of PvE

(actually looking at evething it looks like I've still got a handful of geckos hanging out on an alt, so ~900m if I sell off some stuff)

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
How the gently caress do you even keep up with this thread ?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Okay fess up. Who here is "nerd trap" and why are you so bad at picking targets?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

yogizh posted:

How the gently caress do you even keep up with this thread ?

By not working, mostly.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Glory of Arioch posted:

so much hate :(

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

Couple hours here and there, can put some serious investment in on the weekend.

ISK is 200m. I'm just shy of 11b in assets, but I'm not interested in ditching most of them - it's generally tied up in my carrier, dread, couple blops bs and some t3 stuff. Assume I can do any sort of PvE

(actually looking at evething it looks like I've still got a handful of geckos hanging out on an alt, so ~900m if I sell off some stuff)

Basically as I understand it, you kind of need around 10bn ISK for market stuff (importing / station trading / inter-hub trading) to begin to be worth your time.

Until you reach that point, you will be doing space blue-collar stuff like carrier ratting, incursions, or blitzing burner missions like I am doing at the moment (though not as much due to all the rad fleet action right now.)

I recall making around 300m an hour in my Holesquad days running C4 sites in a rattlesnake. That is semi-consistent ISK though and depends on your tolerance of wormhole life.

Burner-blitzing makes you about 100-200m ISK an hour in rewards, loot, and LP. You can find the best corps to run missions for by looking at this site which shows the best ISK/LP item each corp is selling at the moment: http://evefight.com/ Once you've identified the corp, you follow the burner-blitzing guide that Querns linked much earlier in the thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub Note that there is a ~5bn ISK investment, as well as a short faction grind to get this process started, but it's really nice ISK-on-demand that pays out much better than even carrier ratting. If however, you have a lot of time to just AFK or semi-AFK rat, then yes you might as well leverage your carrier and abuse that until the end of the month (I don't, so I do burner-blitzing to make the most out of the time that I do have to play.)

When you hit that 10bn mark, ask around in GS_ISK what to do with it. If nobody is willing to give you a scheme, feel free to chat me up via jabber/PMs here. I've got some market stuff I'm working on at the moment that I wouldn't mind sharing with a few folks since I doubt I will be able to tap it out completely by myself.

edit: Ok between 200-900m. I'm not sure how active Incursion SIG is at the moment, but you can pick up a cheap T2 Hyperion or something and they will gladly take you on their fleets. Payouts via incursions tend to be between 100m-150m per hour if memory serves. The more DPS the group brings, the faster you can chain the sites. Great activity for long weekend ISK crunching, plus you get to chill in Mumble with people while doing it.

Burner blitzing requires that 5bn investment in ships and implants. You can skirt by with much less if you have really good support and tanking skills. I would rat/incursion up to a few billion, then consider doing burner blitzing until you have 10+bn in ISK and burner blitzing assets that you can sell back, then transition to an easy daily market routine. With 10bn ISK and a 45 minute per day market routine, you can pull in around 300m ISK a day if you really stick to it. Read this dude's journey as a pure marketeer in your spare time to get a good sense of this: http://marketsforisk.blogspot.com/2013/05/it-all-starts-here.html

Siets fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 4, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When the new FAX carriers hit and CCP do the switcheroo for people who have triage ships fully fitted to the new carriers, does that only apply to the carriers that have the tech 2 triage modules or can I have a tech 1 triage module and the ship will be swapped out?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

When the new FAX carriers hit and CCP do the switcheroo for people who have triage ships fully fitted to the new carriers, does that only apply to the carriers that have the tech 2 triage modules or can I have a tech 1 triage module and the ship will be swapped out?

Both.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Endie posted:

You can target Russians, just look for the words "wtb Nyx 21kkk"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Okay fess up. Who here is "nerd trap" and why are you so bad at picking targets?

Did they attempt to DD you?

Sweet.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

okay yeah that fits what I expected, thanks bunches <3

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did they attempt to DD you?

The doomsday volley hit my Rhea, the shields flashed from incoming damage and then I docked up with no damage taken.

Edit: Isotope isk war positive.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Isotope isk war positive.

You may win this war single handedly with that :patriot:

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
So non-Eve guy reading up on this war and one thing I don't get is why can't the Imperium fight back?

Because there's apparently ~3,000 enemies, and your faction is ~17,000 strong, and I get the ~300 people you're fielding is because you don't want to fight, but why?

Surely there's an equal or greater number of combat pilots who can turn up?

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

The doomsday volley hit my Rhea, the shields flashed from incoming damage and then I docked up with no damage taken.

Edit: Isotope isk war positive.

Ban him from using the courier service.

RubberJohnny posted:

So non-Eve guy reading up on this war and one thing I don't get is why can't the Imperium fight back?

Because there's apparently ~3,000 enemies, and your faction is ~17,000 strong, and I get the ~300 people you're fielding is because you don't want to fight, but why?

My take is that people don't like being steam rolled, which we are being subjected to, or moral as many call it which is abysmally low at the moment.

Or there are better things in life to do than log in EVE.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Part of the problem win or lose is a fight will draw more attention. And right now we're waiting for the chair warriors to get tired of roleplaying as tough guys and lose interest. It just makes things easier.

Speaking of, who was that one player who posted their picture as proof of being a tough guy but is pretty much a gay Duke Nukem.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
inb4 pictures of myself from goonfleet.com or here. The guy is sitting on a motorcycle with the camera at a very low angle.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ChickenWing posted:

abrupt change of topic:

if you've got the skills and the patience for it, production is going to poo poo loving isk for months because of the war

everything i am looking at is destroying right now, there has never been a better time

if you can keep what you build in the family too that is even better

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Reverand maynard posted:

You can target Russians, just look for the words "wtb Nyx 21kkk"

The master speaks.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

You may win this war single handedly with that :patriot:

If PL sets foot on the gameboard of logistics and jump freighters then I very well may.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

RubberJohnny posted:

The "3,000 enemies" are the ones logged in at any one time during big battles, not the total of their coalition numbers.

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 4, 2016

• Locked thread