Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Richard Bong posted:

Wormholes exist and querns cant do anything about it. Not even with his newfound director powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
You need to be the literal worst and most insufferable retard to get hazed out of goonfleet as a new character. I think the only person I can think of that fits in to that category is carpiss everdeen and even he had a bunch of people try to help fit in.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

pseudanonymous posted:

Yeah I heard macharials. I actually complete the old machariel skill plan but trying to remember all the utilities and stuff i need

The strat requirements for machs were dropped to the floor. P sure you can get SRP with meta guns and BS4 now.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Foehammer007 posted:

Better than yours lolololol

idk which one of you is blue to clay hakarri

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Just want to say big ups to Dick Bong for dropping some truths in this thread like 10 pages back

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
purge fcon tbh

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

d64 posted:

So what is the pvp in this game like actually? I guess it is more like classic UO style pvp where you prowl for easy targets to kill and then sell their katanas, not like more modern team/arena type games? I'm sort of interested but as I've become older pvp has lost some of it's interest to me.

Also, if in game comms are half as difficult to follow as this thread is, I guess I have no chance.

Pretty much. When you're alone or in a small group it's actually pretty hard to force a competent pilot or group in to a fight that isn't solidly in their favor, so a lot more about creating the illusion that they have the advantage. You can do this in a lot of different ways - hide your numbers, act stupid, fly a gimmicky ship, kite an individual away from their group, etc.

The actual mechanics are relatively boring. The actual piloting isn't really intuitive or rewarding but the act of planning your ships fittings with an engagement style or gimmick in mind and then trying to go out and do it is super rewarding. Honestly the game id compare it most to in that aspect is dota2: they are both games that reward setting personal goals and achieving them.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
can we just purge fcon and call it a day

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why fight with these supers we have anyways it's way more effective to just let them get picked off on their retarded rear end solo move ops

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
and by effective I mean hilarious death to all supers

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Wow it's really crazy how our valued allies hosed off at the first sign of danger hmmm yes who saw that coming oh well I guess we can keep fcon blue

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The problem with GSF moving in to a wormhole is you'd still just have like 30 dudes who actually want to go fly space ships and 2000 dudes who want to rat or whatever.

It doesn't matter what you have for trufflepigs and content creators when that chain is just going to get rolled so clay haakari can rat the c3.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 20, 2016

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

-Troika- posted:

So what actually happened with that wormhole system that has four stations? Is it constant battles or is it basically locked down by the same people all the time?

It's empty as gently caress until the occasional fleet or ganksquad rolls through. The holes are unreliable to roam out of. It's generally unfavorable to try to live in a wormhole that has publicly mapped statics - any good logistics holes will generally get slammed and not be around long.

With that said it absolutely owns when you get a chain off your home hole that connects to Thera directly. That connection lasts forever and you can do a lot with it.

I hope CCP allows citadels because it would honestly make it way more interesting if it was this weird one system hole control game where anyone can throw down a small citadel to stage out of and try to gently caress some poo poo up.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Landsknecht posted:

People are really underestimating how awesome they'll be in 0.0, since a lot of people really won't care enough to blow up a medium, and they'll be a lot easier to manage than POS

I remember way back when everyone would have a small tower in venal for their automated tengus, and if you have space that doesn't see much traffic you can probably put on up and jump back and forth with a JF comfortably

places like kinakka and tama will probably see a lot of fighting for space, but tbh stations kinda negate a lot of citadel functions IMO

gently caress null those things will be sweet in a wh. Drop a medium in a c2 with a NS static and just blops/roam out of it until it pops or you get bored. If you just want a space garage it's literally no commitment after the initial investment.

• Locked thread