Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Not gonna play eve again but I actually hope goons lose VFK because I feel the entire thing will be both more fun for me to watch and more fun for you guys to fight if you lose the first one

second one? whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Siets posted:

RIP Money Badger Memelords. UQ9 timer is ours! :laugh:

they didn't want that timer anyway

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Endie posted:

Technically you won the ihub timer. We're going to win the station timer. Ther's zero tidi and the only bubbles were on the fcon fleet in the tower.

To expand on this, we left way too late for UQ9, there was heavy tidi in the ten systems before UQ9, and by the time we jumped into system the ihub timer was at 80%. Welp. We had about 2:1 odds, which helped win the jump-in battle, and CFC bombers were pretty awful while our ones put a mach fleet into structure, which helped. The hurricane fleet wisely exited sharply. A few machs died, the rest either warped off or were caught in bubbles (about a dozen) but the ihub timer was over by then. I always lose track of time in big fights so that may have been instant or taken an hour I have no idea.

Now we're on what some people are saying is FCON's staging station (I thought they'd be staged in lowsec now I dunno) winning that timer so this should be freeported by tonight. Something for both sides but it's definitely better than what chicken littles like me were saying (in the previous SA thread) about a week of getting all our progress reset following the SotG. That wasn't concern trolling: I've been in enough post-SotG fleets to just knee-jerk expect camped stations and helicopter-dicking.

lol

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

q_k posted:

http://evewho.com/pilot/Bob+From+Marketing that's the non creepy one as far as I know.

I dunno, he still plays Eve

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Causing grief is what EVE is built upon.

What Sion is probably referring to is the fact that CCP's PR department's goals in this war are detrimental opposed to the Imperiums Fabian strategy of asymmetric demobilization and he might even argue that they are afraid of the Imperium because all the new and returning players don't get the big set piece battles that everyone lusts for but are instead forced to fight a war of attrition, which is a lot less fun.

But if you want to fight their media narrative of "World War Bee" you should really come up with something better than fighting the "War of Sovless Aggression" against the "Band of Backstabbers", because that has no chance of getting picked up by anyone who isn't a Imperium diehard.

As an outsider, harping on the BETRAYAL stuff is a little melodramatic. Just frame the whole thing as "you know what would make these pubs really mad?" and run with that.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dr. Pangloss posted:

W-w-w-wait a second. Sion was clear in those leaked logs that blacklists were not for personal grudges, especially at the coalition level. Coalition level blacklists were for those that did the coalition as a whole harm and promised to do more.

How serious was your fishing treaty gaffe? :stonk:

Kim ran pvp fleets to kill fishers and take their stuff because that's what goons wanted to do, DBRB and Gicer had set up these vast fishing alliances to guarantee safe fishing for goons and then cried because these goons were out killing people. They said it was for the betterment of all goons in AA, and it was right up to the point when they had a fit and left and took a bunch of the resources that would have been used to build a goon castle.

basically DBRB complained that pvp happened in a pvp game and then kicked kimsemus out of evegoons for it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

thats an actual thing that happened

some goons tried to shield a pedophile, some goons tried to ally literally everyone in an open PvP zone, some goons ran dungeons and made everyone give them the armor (to outfit people fairly) and then ran off with the armor, some goons ran off with castle materials

kimsemus pirated people in an open PvP zone, and was called the goonfucker

It's been a long time coming, Eonwe. Free Kimsemus might become a reality.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I forgot about the "Boat is a goon hero" thing, lol

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

my coworkers all hate goons and they have been especially smug, so I would like to see you guys kick their poo poo in

how many of them are citizens of the 'hearse

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Deki posted:

I have one coworker that plays, hates goons, but also thinks TEST and co are really fuckin' annoying and seems to think that they'll get their poo poo pushed immediately after goons are done.

I want goons to win, but that's a fair consolation prize if it does happen.

Won't PL just swap from shooting goons to shooting TEST if this ends with goons losing? I don't see PL giving up shooting nerds for basically anything.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Fozziesov really does sound like the worst thing

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Every time I hosed up in a fleet as a newbee it wasn't because I didn't care about my ship, it was because I hosed up my mumble setup and had fleet comms set to mute them but not myself so they could hear me and I couldn't hear them instead of the other way around. Having to pay for my own ship wouldn't have solved that problem.

And since I had like 90 thrashers some fatbee gave me to blow up I really didn't give a poo poo about blowing up thrasher #32 for the week.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xolve posted:

It was a joke you dumb baby.

and you're kind of a baby you dumb joke

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I paid :10bux: to read a clocktower 2 LP because that game was hosed and I couldn't believe it, and I needed to sit in the computer lab for 12 more hours to pass a class.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

And I thought fighting over pixel moons was dumb enough, jesus.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Despera posted:

Bitches always wanna start something

:ironicat:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Just duel in your dumb ships at 50 paces or w/e the gently caress you eve goons do and get a real answer

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

My sister's cat eats her kibble like popcorn. Sits in front of the dish and picks them up in one paw, and if you stand there she'll make eye contact while continuing to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Is there a place I can read to catch up on how the war is going? Piecing together forums posts isn't really doing it.

• Locked thread