Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vote Mr Hyde for CSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Laz will be the next to defect :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

Is there a recommended overview pack right now?

Oh Takashawa has one that is a continuation of Sarah's Overview pack. In-game go to the chat channel "Sarashawa-Overview" and follow the info in the MOTD. It's pretty well done and is regularly update each patch/expansion CCP put out.

You can also join his mailing list "OVERVIEW4" (no quotations) and get an automated evemail each time he updates it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

If his hanging out on OG mumble was a sign he'd have been gone years ago.

That or he's the best director level spy they ever had :tinfoil:

B-R was planned all along just like the CO2 super trap in M-O :tinfoil:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

it is pretty incredible how the press had all those releases ready within hours

They probably used Mavis Beacon a lot in middle school.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Re: the whole "Grath is entosising" being the smoking gun lobbied about, it'd make sense if you ignored that he's been entosising since they were put on the live server to get fights and, because he's a strange old man, enjoys it. He's also notorious for hating being in the main PL blob. I do like the attempt at a narrative using what Grath's ship was, that's pretty funny.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 30, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

same

literally same

all of this, the exact same

:same: :yeah: :agreed:

Not empty quoting this not empty quote.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

can't we just all focus on the fact that this cycle of creative-destruction, and the ability to trade game time purchased for real money as an in-game commodity, creates a vibrant and meaningful sense of consequence and value?

No.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morris posted:

- Co2 (or Co2 leadership) accepting payment to do so (confirmed)

Seb said, in his article, that he mispoke when asked that and that they weren't paid so realistically we don't know whether it happened or not due to the contradictions.

vyst posted:

mental illness

:eyepop:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cygni posted:

good to see as a returner that the try hard anti-goonfleet posters are still around and still havent realized that nobody really gives a poo poo about their 'side' of the story for their stupid space drama

Yeah, loving Endie and his try hard anti-goon posting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

chris evans should be shot into the sun on a rocket made of knives and salt and bleach

What's wrong with Captain America?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gropiemon posted:

He's so handsome :(

The bastard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

Not really surprising. I expect most of our back end support guys to be doing a lot of overtime to keep the war engine humming.

Do they get any benefits for doing that? Like ISK payments or w/e or is it all for fun to them?

Bell_ posted:

Are timezones as big a deal as they were before with the SOV mechanics having changed so much?

Sort of. You can set your "able to be reinforced" time period to any timezone you want, so most people try to put it during their peak time for optimum defense. You can also dick around with it to throw people off for a few hours like Horde did in Cloud Ring when they reset it from a late EU/early US time period to AUTZ, which meant the big invasion fleet that was formed up expecting the older timezone period to be active had to find something else to do til they could start reinforcing later into the night.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bell_ posted:

Bat Country joined PL? They had the neatest Bee avatar, too. What was the story, or is it a totally unrelated group of folks with the same name?

Endie became "mentally ill" and went off the reservation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Glumslinger posted:

How do you have another one?

People really don't like him.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

(12:25:19 AM) Ogast :human being:: at least the women he talks to are still breathing after he meets them :shrug:

(1:00:03 PM) dirk_johnwood: fisule: It's adorable how unlikable he is, even women in his life want to kill themselves

These are jokes about my dead girlfriends, pretty hilarious right?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lucifirius posted:

Is it true that Fozzie was in PL or have I just been spreading lies? And if true then what does that say about fozzie sov?

When he was playing he was known as Raivi and was, at the time, a big part of PL's AT team. If I recall, he also was one of the active programmers on The Sphere program we still use pretty regularly when in war mode. That said, I can't confirm nor deny what you're saying about how he made the entire new sov system to benefit PL since we're at war and all. Maybe when it's over I talk you through it, but you seem to be drawing your own conclusions at the moment which is OK.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you tried talking to CCP whatshisname (I forget off the top of my head) we have in our IRC? A Horde guy tried to and was a little sad whey they never replied.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As an "RMTer" with a vested financial interest in this war continuing on for as long as I can make YouTube money off it, I hope the VFK defense is bloody.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

copy and paste please!!!!! I don't click on kotaku links

One of my videos was apparently embedded by Kotaku. I wish I was making that up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lucifirius posted:

Well I don't know much about Fozzie's game experience other than what I've heard about him being in PL at some point in time. I think it's at least somewhat suspicious or funny because of his history.

I have no idea what The Sphere is, but from what I could tell from a few quick google searches it's a fitting tool?

If you're suspicious of Fozzie's past in playing with PL and then being hired by CCP, then you should be equally suspicious of the ex-members of Goons ending up doing the same thing. You should also be incredibly suspicious of the TEST guy CCP hired to manage the CSM since he could have lied to them to benefit TEST in-game :tinfoil:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

that a bunch of bad posters attach someone's name to a thing a team of people made means nothing at all

:agreed:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

hey TMDC guys please get better editors, Matterall's article looks like its editor gave up halfway through.

What if I were to tell you Matterall was the Editor in Chief for TMC's EVE stuff?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo Ander left the old site up? lmao.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

I believe the gist of it was: you didnt show up in local. This dude Monkeysphere was notorious for murdering tons of shitfit carebears and ratters and they developed a legend that he was using hacks or software called: The Sphere, PL has been stoking the fires and feeding that troll ever since.

The best part was when Hydra got caught cheating in the AT and used The Sphere troll, which they thought was real, as rationale for hacking the test server & matchfixing. Ultimately CCP found out, and decided that the two Hydra teams (who finished 1st & 2nd) would be given DQs and that gave PL 1st place in the tournament. The Sphere is real.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 31, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Pathfinder tool CCP gave the first place prize for the Third Party Dev competition seems really neat.

Apparently it'll be released tomorrow.

Edit - They also did the competition with Riot Games helping out :laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sure:

"We're going to fight mostly the same people we've been fighting for like 7 years but now all at once in a hosed up boss rush version"

Please don't ever change.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

CCP still too stupid to program their game right

"yeah we can't be arsed to program it to reinforce all systems that could potentially spawn a node for the requested system even though we specifically designed fozziesov to spread fights out"

Don't they do this after every big TiDi heavy fight?

kiresays posted:

someone get Boat off of this CCP stream PLEASE

Vily dropped some funny pipebombs in that segment.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

:frogsiren: Pirate NPC titans available in nullsec only for high rewards just announced! :frogsiren:

-Showed a picture of an Avatar with the Blood Raider skin.
-Capitals not "required" per se, but the content is designed with capitals in mind.

Also talked about a new "burner drifter" super ship that has new AI. Apparently when you fight it, it may decide to warp off unless you point it. If it escapes, it is not tied to the site you found it in like most NPC AI. It will actually sit in space and remain there for you to scan it down and re-engage. If you do not within an undetermined amount of time, it will recruit other sleeper forces to make the encounter harder. Eventually the sleeper force might even attempt to drop on players in the system.

Stream ended. Here's a link to the full past broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/57827045 New PvE content discussion begins around 57:20. Hilarious DBRB interview was the segment before that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blood Raider titan :vince:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OAquinas posted:

Coincidentally, that's back tonight too!

It's a good day :smugdog:

Oh poo poo for real? Nice, I finished up Venture Bros. yesterday.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

Text message I just received from my wife:

Yikes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raithe posted:

Also, what's the free 10 days I've heard mentioned? I had an email about "10 days for .99c" but I only got one for one account and that expired on the 27th.

You remember the "Hours for PLEX" thing where you can reactiviate your account for a few hours to get a PLEX and resub? It's basically that, but with 10 days for 99cents.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Syndic get kicked or is he just changing corps and had to drop to an NPC one?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God bless our admins.

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/

(if you don't see it, scroll to the bottom and click "Version 2 (Default)"

Torpor posted:

Syndic was kicked for leaking opsec during an interview.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

soundwave aka stoffer ninjapirate aka i think lead game designer for awhile

Yeah Soundwave was lead Game Designer before CCP Scarpia (who is leaving this month/next).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Reagan posted:

What's with the Project Discovery thing?

It's an in-game thing CCP are doing with some real world science groups to help map/identify types of genomes or something along those lines. Basically it's Citizen Science made into a game, where you get Sisters of EVE Loyalty Points for it as well as a paltry amount of ISK doing so while being bored on a gate camp, sitting in a station or whatever.

Full dev blog here - https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/project-discovery-needs-you/

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope this is related to all the Ares being sold out of Jita atm :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

That's not the only thing sold out of Jita atm. We've been busy.

OH GOD, THE MALE DANCERS?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plavski posted:

"But first, we're going to take your momentum away, your fun away, your pride away, and remind you why inevitably you always fail against us"

Made you form up!

Dirty Goons, stealing Horde's tactics :argh:

• Locked thread