Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

This post looks like someone tried drunk posting in E/N and accidentally selected the wrong forum

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It is mindblowing to me that the Megathron is capable of fitting a full rack of 425mms and a decent tank while the Minmatar and Amarr ships struggle to fit T2 1400mms and Tachs.

To be fair, the mega beam lasers with their three muzzles spitting out energy death rays look helluva sweet, so I don't mind this so much. The Minmatar are properly hosed, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So way less then one properly fitted Titan.

A Titan is like one alt for one player, so who cares? Thousands of dead frigates are more impressive from a game health perspective.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dadbuck posted:

Repeating yourself a bit much there.

Take a breath, and provide a calm, collected response. No need to come off all angry here.

We're all bros, even if some us don't like the message of truth.

Dude, I looked at your profile. And I've read most of your posts so far. You're posting like a 12-year-old edgelord pretending to be edgy. Your profile is somehow even worse. Please install a humor-upgrade before posting more.

hailthefish posted:

Now I'm tempted to make scam contracts for PLEX titled "Goon quitting EVE - firesale!!!"

People at Jita are already one step ahead of you. :v:

Xachariah posted:

For what it's worth I approve of the new SP thing. Biggest hurdle for new people is having to wait while you train requirements for stuff.

10k is a lot to new people but nothing to people who are vets with 50m. New blood is good for the game.

It's also only about 1/5th of the SP you earn per day anyway, so not that much of a boost. As long as you aren't suffering from OCD so hard you need medical help, you can safely ignore it if you don't have the time to log in. And it's nice for newbies, always a plus.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

i sense a lot of unironic dislike for reddit. i dont understand why? r/news is a great place to find out what's happening in the world

If you want to find out what happens in the world, I suggest going to some reliable news source of your choosing, not a loving internet forum

Also Reddit is bad and you should feel bad for liking it. :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

well dont be a part of communities that dont follow reddit etiquette imo. there are many subs that do and you can even start your own :)

That would just encourage those chucklefucks responsible for Reddit. :mad:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

friend, every news source is going to have some bias. see en24 vs. tmc, for an example

Neither of those are news sources.

Wait a minute, when you talked about finding out what's happening "in the world", you were talking about EVE, right?

You loving did

EVE = world.

:lol:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

no, and nobody gets their news from text-posts on reddit, they get it from links to actual real websites.

The post implying there's no bias is dumb though because reddit is comically leftist

I'm joking, of course

Also when someone on SA says Reddit is leftist, I look back at D&D and ask myself: How is that possible? Are people on Reddit legit communists?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

The RnK pipe bomb was a bit redundant as no one outside of Eve and most people in Eve will have no idea what is happening. The ships aren't even exploding, just vanishing.

Yeah, even though I probably sound terribly ignorant by asking this, but what was up with that? I know ship explosions in EVE are basically just like Roman candles fizzling out in space, but just vanishing? Did the guy who made the recording use the wrong graphics settings?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Well that was absolutely awesome fun. I went on a jaunt through space to find a Venture for 277,000 isks and then got safely home after watching the stars fly by. I was only supposed to play for twenty minutes and ended up play for an hour and forty!

Thanks to you all for the guidance, the donations (especially this) and being one of the most entertaining threads!

Tomorrow, The RockVenture goes out to fill its boots.

If you still have fun mining in a Venture, consider skilling into a expedition frigate later.

There are two, the Prospect (can warp cloaked) and the Endurance (can mine ice, can only use normal cloaks, but can move fast while cloaked).

Or if you want to try the larger mining ships, try the Procurer: It's like a combination of mining ship and small combat drone carrier. Since it's a really hard to kill ship, you could easily outfit it as a combat ship if you want to try something besides mining.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

So is Laz going to space court because he is sponsored by IWI? :ohdear:

Sell me your stuff for cheap.

Please? :shobon:

Considering how bat-poo poo crazy Florida is, I would expect him, CCP and all of us to end up abducted by the CIA and tortured in Gitmo (if that's still open, I haven't kept up with American politics) thanks to a decision made by Floridan judges.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

is themittani.com arguing....that gambling.....with space assets.....is illegal.........and even remotely enforceable

It's illegal in Florida and judges in Florida are all secretly Reptiloids, so they won't conform to frail Human logic arguments about enforceability

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

I was never a fan of him using alliance isk to pay his writers for his own benefit. I don't see how that's all that different than CEOs RMTing their alliances money.

Man, you must be really stupid then

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Those things always make me imagine what would happen if I show these to my friends, who still think Pong and Tetris are the height of video games. There would be this look of total incomprehension on their faces. :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

It is insanely neat and cool! I'm guessing that is actual visitable universe. (Even though red is war?)

It's not actually. Wormhole space doesn't show up in the map, that's several thousand systems more you have to find first.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I opened my mailbox and there was this contacts tab and I have a list of all those people who added me as a contact. So I added them back! :)

Also I'm doing the industry making things now. I am building some afterburners for my industry contact. I didn't really get how much stuff there was in this game (thank you all for the information about gas mining) because all you ever really hear if you're not into the scene is that its a massive money and time sink for people who want to war and be suicided. That was my impression for the longest time and I was very incorrect.

poo poo, this reminds me: The Hecates my industry-character is building are finished. I think I should log in and start the next batch. (The Hecates are nice looking tactical destroyers. They're like green bombers in space.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

nobody else ever sees it though, nobody but you looks at your ship and in space you shouldn't usually be looking at it all that closely

This is patently untrue, I often spend some time using the camera to look at people. I even make screenshots sometimes.

I'm also clicking on your portraits to see a full-body view of your avatars. So don't worry, at least one person out there acknowledges your efforts!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

scandoslav posted:

What's the closest historical naval warfare analogy to the Goons vs. Nongoons supercap situation? I need a way to contextualize this.

The German High Seas Fleet and the British Fleet in WWI.

Non-Goons are roleplaying as the smug British blockading the goons hiding in their ports, while secretly they have to hold back most of their fleet in case the goons ever try to break out with their fleet, since it's massive enough to threaten them otherwise.

Jutland doesn't really work in this analogy since the goons won BR-5 and inflicted more losses. The Germans lost strategically while sinking battlecruisers left and right.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

What is the learning boosters thing?

And having to buy the skill books now explains to me why I searched for some skills to train and they were not in my list and I had to buy them from the market. That is a bit difficult to get.

At least you don't have to carry them around anymore while training. And you have a skill queue. And the queue extends past 24 hours.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The bigots reply with an empty video-link? How apt.

Fake Edit:

Alternatively-

The bigots reply with an unplayable video? How apt.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

Rapid Torp launchers.

You know, we got Rapid Light Missile launchers and Rapid Heavy Missile launchers, so why not Rapid Cruise Missile launchers?

Rapid Torps are like Rapid Rockets or Rapid Assault Missile launchers. Far too awesome to exist. (Also I love the idea of rapid firing missiles across several hundred km so please give me Rapid Cruise launchers)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 19, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Quoting this as I am currently blissfully mining while Frozenpussy is collecting my jettisoned rocks and shooting the pirate fellows and I am relaxed to my core right now!

His awesome guys in the background keeping Rock safe :)

Man, your antics motivated me to take some random cloaky ship and go explore some weird stuff, like I always plan to but always keep putting off.

Of course I got blown up by a fleet of Drifter and Sleeper-ships taking affront by me exploring their weird hidden wormhole-structures.

But I got this close to finding out what was hidden in that Nexus in Vedette!

Next time I'll remember to not decloak myself when running through that debris field. (Also gently caress me, I forgot to take screenshots.)

Edit:

Looking at my lossmail, two Drifter-battleships one-shotted me with their Lux Kontors while a salvo of Praedormitan-missiles fired by unknown ships didn't reach me in time. Heh, even Sleeper-super-missiles have trouble with travelling times. :v:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 19, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's also the new Dust for PC: Project Nova.

The bastards at Fanfest can actually play a demo right now, those fuckers. I wish I had the money and time for trips to Iceland.

Other tidbits:

February was apparently the most profitable month in the history of EVE for CCP.

Also CCP raised 30m $ in Venture Capital so they can develop all that VR-Crap without sucking money from their other projects.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frozenpussy posted:

and lol if it was just a rush of customers like everything else in EVE plays out.

Still, a record is a record

Also, for profits you need customers, so what exactly are you trying to say here, that it would have been more impressive if CCP made profit by casting magic spells instead of getting money from a rush of customers?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frozenpussy posted:

I don't know man, because it means they sold their integrity for a dollar.

CCP sold their integrity 13 years ago, when they decided to sell EVE instead of just giving it away for free.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every pubbie claims they hate goons, but still enough of them voted to get three goons on the CSM. Including one of them getting one of the two "most votes" places.

EVE's secret love of goons is revealed!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

im glad that even in the middle of this war we can all agree that highsec and lowsec are worthless and don't deserve to be on the csm

Well, the only LowSec-CSM worth a dime burned out on the CSM thanks to all that drama last year.

Also HighSec and LowSec should vote more if they want more representation on the CSM. :colbert:

Edit:

:lol: Amarr has tech-priests

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Max Singularity is a guestwriter on CCP's new art book.

Mind blown!

Also gently caress, another art book to blow money on. Luckily it'll will be finished in Summer 2017, so I guess my wallet won't need to bleed until then.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Industrial arrays for building and research are coming!

POS are dead, finally!

Moon mining platforms are coming after that (Winter, probably.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CCP wants to begin buy-back of obsolete POS-structures around Fanfest 2017, arround then most, if not all features of the old POS will have been replaced by the new arrays.

Edit:

-Rorqual gets capital mining drones
-Procurer and Skiff get updated graphics
-the Serpentis hacked the stream to announce new faction capitals :lol:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

"winter, probably" at fanfest always means "maybe before next fanfest but don't bet on it"

I mean, by definition he didn't bring enough dps because the titan lived. I'm just saying, feeding dreads to DDs is fine if you kill the titan.

Winter was speculation by, they literally said the industry arrays are coming in Fall, the others at some unspecified time behind that. I mean they said they want to being buy-back next year, so they seem pretty serious about this.

Vehement: New Serpentis Dreadnought
Vanquisher: New Serpentis Titan

More are coming by other pirate factions.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Warfare-links get a massive overhaul. RIP off-grid-links?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

last year they promised citidels in 2015 :v:

well they very nearly made it :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

Good god that Erebus...

After the Serpentis finish their repaint, it'll be called the :siren: Vanquisher :siren:

And I seriously hope that 1000%-damage bonus isn't a typo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Landsknecht posted:

imo TMC started off great, but then turned into a monetisation scheme with lots of "go and play these not-eve-games" which CCP probably isn't enamored with; beyond this the quality of the writing has gotten incredibly one-sided and low-quality (much like my posts)

also those leaks and mittani threatening to sue CCP for IP or whatever (I can't remember if this was serious or not) probably didn't help

I wanted to say the TMC isn't that bad, but then I remembered I only read articles about mostly non-EVE related poo poo, so I have no way of knowing what quality EVE-articles have. Or how balanced the TMC-viewpoint is. Since I ignore all those boring articles about players shooting each other and all that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did someone watch the CCP-twitch stream about ships and modules? Anything new, like the Black Ops and T3-rebalance we got promised many years ago?

I literally came back home a minute after that part was over.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xachariah posted:

Has anyone done exploring? I made an alt and skill injected it to be able to explore good in an Astero and it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Sneaking invisible through wormholes to come out in random null sec places where you have to ninja from place to place, scanning relics and data things and taking a wormhole out.

It's super risky but pretty enjoyable. So far one successful voyage and one disaster. Rip Astero v 1.0.

I love going out looking at poo poo (and sometimes scanning poo poo to get something back). My last trip isn't even over yet, my highly expensive Legion (including superfluous poo poo like syndicate armor, just because) is still stuck in a C5 were I logged out last time.

Before that, I sacrificed a Stratios and a Astero to the space gods of badness

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Carusio. Our token fury.

Token fury?

Where are the other two? Or is Carusio just pretending to be a fury?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

I meant furry. And yea, his wife was in hospice. I see him popping up on steam fairly often.

For a moment, I imagined "Carusio" being the EVE-pseudonym of Tisiphone, laying vengeful destruction on everything in her path. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I will do so! It would be good to have some helpful advice.

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?

By pressing F10 and clicking on the relevant option, at least it works this way for me. Alternatively, use DOTLAN, a website with nice map-options.

And every system not having a real name is deeply unsafe. Except for some special snowflake systems who have names, but are still unsafe.

• Locked thread