Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

it is pretty incredible how the press had all those releases ready within hours

Apparently they can type at a reasonable pace unlike OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

If a group wants to catch a bunch of supers by surprise preemptively logging in 300 of their own is quite literally the worst way to do it.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Slopesss

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Hollow Talk posted:

Logging in enough so that the other side can think "we can take that", however, just before somebody flips...

Except, for the time being, you couldn't have taken that and Laz has admitted to as much. And anyone with some common sense awareness of where Imperium supers are and how active they are know that.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

lucifirius posted:

I have no idea what The Sphere is, but from what I could tell from a few quick google searches it's a fitting tool?

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?6783-CCP-Decision-on-B-Teams&p=466523&viewfull=1#post466523
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/sphere/

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

someone get Boat off of this CCP stream PLEASE

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Boat was a cringey retard and Vily was a cringey tryhard.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

The evacuation of Vale continues:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/52946042/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52948472/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52945751/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52947164/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52947547/

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Because travel modules go in the low slot which is where armour ships have their tank.

So the shield ships can fit max tank and travel but armour ships have to choose. This means that the armour ships choose tank in case we get attacked.

...Why don't you just refit to combat if combat is happening?

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Because you bumped on the gate while the other supers jumped through. They are now in warp to in the next system but us as soon as they land, they will turn around and come save you.

I think you guys are doing something wrong.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

So I'm not really seeing how you win a defensive war with fozziesov - I mean even with high ADMs, attackers need to commit next to nothing in terms of ship power or time to reinforce any system they want

You have to login and play EVE.

Most alliances have a culture where everyone bullshits in their jabber/IRC channel and waits for a few content creators to do alliance wide pings. This model is was very conducive to tower-sov and dominion-sov as sov fights were, for the most part, set-piece fights over one target that is on a timer. Aegis-sov does not conform to this. The best way to prevent your stuff getting reinforced is simply to be around and active in space, and the best way to win magic wand battles is to have multiple groups in coordination with each other across a constellation.

I have to say It's pretty poo poo that you can use small un-catchable ships to reinforce stuff. I'd love to see a change where only battlecruisers and bigger can fit entosis mods, because when you get an alert that something is being reinforced it is very much catchable. If you're going to reinforce something there should be a situation where you expect to get caught. The frigate and nano-cruiser meta right now means that it's so easy to slip past people to get to the target and so easy to run away that there is very little risk involved, it shouldn't be like that.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

ullerrm posted:

most of Dreddit's good people fled to Fweddit,

This was not a thing

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

lol, please the AT guys play more EVE 2 months of the year than 95% of the player base does for 12.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

all 3 of the bfm names have been in elitist ops so I've never been entirely trusting of the narrative that they're different

Just to clarify this important topic:

Creepy BFM: http://evewho.com/pilot/BobFromMarketing, Horde BFM is his alt
Second, most definitely different person BFM who lost his Utu to station guns: http://evewho.com/pilot/Bob+FromMarketing

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

Don't forget that yall got to kill me too

Did they really kick you? I thought that was a troll for sure.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

T2 High Angle guns are going to absolutely destroy in this patch. I anticipate rampant abuse by PL/NC. resulting in the destruction of many fleets (and the loss of some dreads), and many TMC articles crying about how OP it is.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

Yall were part of a 50k blob for three years or have you forgotten Northern Associates + BOT. 3/4 of the map was completely safe for you thanks to the non-public agreements you had in place, same thing you do in querious now.

And we burned that poo poo down because it wasn't worth it. Your turn!

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

Sure thing bud! Here is your current donut- If you dont know then fly a Hel through these areas solo and wonder why nobody is tackling you. Oh lets not forget about Hard Knocks and all the high end C5-C6 space too.

Ehhh we're blue to a lot of guys outside of your circles and not blue to a lot of the ones inside them. And we're going to reset them when everyone calms down. Besides, my Hel would probably die to one of the lowsec groups before I got to Delve.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Time to blue every former BoB corp!"?

Former Bob corps is like 600 members over three corporations. Might be time to let this cringey grudge go.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

This doesn't really explain why they had all their poo poo in VFK and not UQ9 when we saved the IHUB

We had barely any poo poo in VFK, it was defended almost completely uncontested. We were just slow moving out and didn't get to UQ9 in time to contest the IHUB - that's why you got it.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

My Hordeling mentee tackled his first bad guy yesterday :shobon:

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

yes fozzie scraping the barrel for proof of a war. Suspiciously absent is the ISK total.

lol

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Xolve posted:

I don't know how to explain this without drawing awful parallels between EVE and real life.

So I'm not going to, the point was people can exist without SRP- whatever anecdotal poo poo about ~muh preference~ I tied onto that doesn't really matter. gently caress.

Personally flying logi I noticed a distinct difference between when we were SRPing all dps ships to when we stopped SRPing them at all. It's wasn't some game changing improvement, but it was an improvement. Our logi numbers also went up because of it.

Unfortunately this is also anecdotal and I have no psychological studies to prove to the scientific community of SA that it's true.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

why lol, ISK killed has always been the ultimate stat. We're in the most hyped war in CCP's history and all he has to show for it after the second weekend is number of kills a day. It's a failure.

It's a stat, it's not the ultimate stat. People undocking and playing EVE is good for the game, period. You really consider an enormous amount of kills like this nothing? No evidence of activity? Please.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Baki is one of the most spergy insufferable people you will ever have the displeasure to share a mumble/jabber/irc channel with, hands down.

He is also one of the most useful and active people you will ever meet - which is why people still accept him into alliances still. Although generally he is given no access whatsoever. Whether or not you see that as enough to accept him is up to your specific group, but to PL/BL (rip) activity and usefuless is king of the Meritocracy and almost always worth it. And that Loki was a baller fit, that's a pro not a con.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

So basically a logistics/finance version of DBRB?

Scouting/Intel/Fleet support/Production etc. but pretty much.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

It seems to balance out in the end because Amarr and Minmatar battleships are very popular while we are the only people to field Megathrons.

Also when it comes to Hybrid weapon systems you *need* T2 ammo. T1 crystals are alright and T1 projectiles are better still.

Scorch >.>

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

On the third hand I doubt that the low sec groups would be willing to field supers next to PL in this conflict.

I'm going to be honest I feel like you don't know much about the current capital situation.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Percelus posted:

Yet somehow boat has played a crucial part in more winning wars than arguably anyone, funny how that works out.

Ok he's defending boat, confirmed for trolling

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Why MWD T3s?

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

Probably to get away from being gangbanged by 800 dudes with 200

So they just all get scrammed and gangbanged

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

bonewitch posted:

i think the idea is to avoid being kited but its bad and dumb

The kiting thing is what would work for you guys now, but kiting with dual plated armor cruisers? Ehh

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

If we're done with corp shaming i guess we should be ashamed for consolidating about 6 different staging systems and an indefensible position into a more solid footing.

I'm curious how PL would defend against a vast mob striking at 6-7 different places at once, or would they walk away and practice for AT?

We'd put smart bombs on TFI's, tracking disruptors on dreads, armor fit rail Tengus, bring in Triage and turtle up.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

You left out part.

After the Imperium is defeated to the last system and regroups, or after the MBC gets bored and fucks off; after the lost space is regained and losses reimbursed; after the current, "fifth random bloc war I've participated in since 2010" is over; after all that, begins and continues the merciless persecution of CO2 and various other entities which were arrayed against us.

See I thought -A- was absorbed by PL but it turns out it's alive and well in the North! I think you guys should just move to Catch and live out of LGK instead of these congested norther regions and Saranen.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

You're even allied with Stainwagon, it's a match made in heaven

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

I didn't realize how ashamed we were of B-R

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

They didnt roll over anything you idiot, we ground out 3 regions for the rusrus, handed em over and went home. Your rear end was in Kalevala and Malpais. Ncdot was hiding in Insmother.

Then Ghost Storm disbanded DD and that whole house of cards collapsed.

"Mission Accomplished"

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

I mean you lost control of ~5 regions in 10 days, moved to lowsec, are seeing really awful fleet participation and have had almost a dozen titans aborted in CSAAs - they can't smug just a bit?

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Ok fine guys fine, scratch lowsec off the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

At this rate we won't even have a chance to erase our deep shame from B-R

• Locked thread