Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Is this game like Star Citizen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

his voice and mannerisms annoy me, im not going to link the fanfest presentation to make you exert a little effort in paining yourself

good to know all this time later you are still shallow enough to despise people for the sound of their voice

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

is this where you decided you'd run away to when querns told you to gently caress off

(10:45:17 PM) deadteаr: dirk_johnwood: he's iN THE THREAD
(10:45:24 PM) deadteаr: and fatting at me

I love how you're all buddy buddy with the creep who jokes about people's dead girlfriends and got permabanned from facebook for stalking on some guys page :allears:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

oh boy we got some sweet rear end chatlog drama

guess that answers my question though :)

(12:25:19 AM) Ogast :human being:: at least the women he talks to are still breathing after he meets them :shrug:

(1:00:03 PM) dirk_johnwood: fisule: It's adorable how unlikable he is, even women in his life want to kill themselves

These are jokes about my dead girlfriends, pretty hilarious right? Well, like you, dirk johnwood is another internet personality who is mostly concerned about winning the internet because he wasn't raised right or something. Anyway, awhile back i mentioned to dirk and his friend maybe trying to bring up the death two women isn't the greatest comedy fodder and that maybe they were crossing the line, naturally they ignored me and continued. That was until Cap caught them doing it and had a grownup talk with what is and isn't appropriate behavior, even in a jabber for internet spaceships. I haven't engaged with them since because they really did cross a very real line removing any further desire to banter with them, but clearly they're still fixating on me so thanks for continuing to encourage them.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

querns was also mod of the channel and could have stepped in at anytime

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

(12:37:42 AM) dirk_johnwood: deadtear: (3/31/2016 00:06:51) jazz :420: cigarette: querns: you still don't understand why any of that legitimately upset me
(12:37:47 AM) dirk_johnwood: :jackbud:
(12:39:41 AM) deadtear: he's itc
(12:39:46 AM) deadtear: just mock him directly
(12:39:56 AM) dirk_johnwood: Donnie Drumpf: you're pathetic
(12:40:06 AM) deadtear: ty
(12:40:07 AM) dirk_johnwood: I do regularly, he tries to call me an e-stalker and poo poo
(12:40:21 AM) dirk_johnwood: also tries to complain about how friends of mine will call him names too
(12:40:34 AM) deadtear: i literally didnt read his paragraph of whiny my eyes just slid off it
(12:40:43 AM) dirk_johnwood: did you know outing an internet stalker makes you an internet stalker?
(12:40:53 AM) dirk_johnwood: I sure didn't
(12:44:18 AM) deadtear: i managed to read it, and if 2 of your significant others off themselves either you seek out suicidal people or you drive them to suicide because despite the media attention it is not that common
(12:44:28 AM) deadtear: hth
(12:46:00 AM) deadtear: its ranked highly around 20-35 but that's because not a whole lot of people die in that age bracket

if you must really know, one died in a car crash but thanks for proving just what kind of person you are

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

abigserve posted:

I'm guessing you are one of those guys who talks incessantly about their problems to complete strangers until they start mercilessly taking the piss to get you to gently caress off. Unless someone doxxed you and discovered the girlfriend thing which would be lovely but I doubt it.

it's more i have these two guys who won't stop bugging me about god knows what and they crossed a very real line. instead of them recognizing that, they continue to do their thing and here the infamous deadtear eggs them on in jabber. maybe i'm overreacting but i feel like this is a little more toxic than what we normally welcome

Edit - if you asking about if this started because i was crying about MY DEAD GIRLFRIENDS, no, i mentioned it once in passing after the start of the feuding. it was fun banter and gibbis as usual between us until they kept joking about this, i even ignored it the first time. the fact is they used this one rise because they knew it worked regardless of how utterly tasteless it was.

Percelus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 31, 2016

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Ynglaur posted:

DBRB also has a habit of getting unexpected capital kills. It's kind of random, though: he'll say he wants to do a short roam and you end up bumping a carrier out of some POS in the middle of nowhere, or you'll be told of green fields full of hull-tanked dreads with no subcap support only to find yourself shooting POS mods.

DBRB puts (put? i hear he isn't the same trufflepig these days :smithfrog:) the effort into finding the big juicy kills. He's the only FC that I know of to regularly infiltrate enemy organizations looking for targets. I remember back in the day, he would arrange to purchase a supercap with spy alts to draw them out.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Eonwe posted:

i dont know if I want to know what this is a reference to

Well you see he is joking about Vyst's physical appearance since making fun of people's physical appearances, voices or mannerism is sort of his wheelhouse when it comes to insults.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Batts posted:

Well, I got those 10 days to come back. The horn of goondor has been sounded :yotj:

Lets see how this goes.

:same:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

For any newcomers reading this thread and want to get an idea of what the two sides fighting this war are like, here is some perspective.

Pandemic Legion, the linchpin of this mob coming after our poo poo, was briefly touted months ago by certain individuals as the flame of true gooniness. This couldn't be further from the truth. In order to get in PL proper you basically need a supercap or a personal vouch. In order to get a supercap in EVE you need billions upon billions of isk as well as a buttload of SP on your character, at least one cyno alt to get around so you'd better have at least 2 accounts, and the connections to purchase a supercap without getting scammed. In short, you need to be quite an established player. They recruit the guys decked out in t6 raid gear who know all the fights.

Now some of the PL guys will say 'we have Pandemic Horde, our newbie friendly alliance anyone can join!' and that is true. However, Pandemic Horde will kick you for loving up like that one roarqual pilot dbrb awoxed awhile back. Their idea of a 'newbie friendly' alliance is one that flips the gently caress out if you make their kill/death ratio look bad.

tl;dr they are the tryhard "elite" pubbie guild you know and hate from every mmo, come and kill some with us :unsmigghh:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Unfunny Poster posted:

:laffo:

Where did you pull any of that out from?

That Rorqual was the alt of a guy whose main had already left Horde for Spaceship Samurai on their own. The character ended up leaving Horde after sure but they weren't kicked for it, especially given they still fly and FC stuff with Horde. There's a pretty short list of people who have gotten kicked and it's mostly awoxers or a creepy fucks like the guy who stalked/harassed someone at Fanfest & Vegas.

That's not what I heard :shrug:

Here is a sample of their comms though if people want to know how important kill/death ratio poo poo is to Pandemic Legion.

https://soundcloud.com/nan-6/xxxgrath-ragexxx-full-version

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Once again I'm assume most of the newcomers to this thread are familiar with MMO culture, in which case you've encountered the typical recruitment process of your 'tryhard elitist circlejerk' guilds. They love poo poo like trial periods, long terrible applications, and language weeding all but the most hardened poopsockers who found themselves guildless for whatever reason.

Exhibit A - https://www.pandemic-legion.com/for...bcdb8f3f760f46f

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

To give everyone an idea of what the relationship is like between Pandemic Horde and Pandemic Legion, here is a snippet of their eve-o recruitment post https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=419055

"Our goal with this group is to not have it be a stepping stone for someone to simply progress into Waffles or Pandemic Legion, though Horde members could end up in either should they choose to pursue that."

"It is important to note that Horde does not pay fealty to Pandemic Legion, and makes the protection of it assets its own responsibility. This partnership with PL also allows new players to be on the PL side of a massive fight when the opportunity calls."

Hey guys you aren't paying tithes so you're not literal space serfs and if your poo poo gets set on fire tough poo poo, however if we need you guys to do bitchwork like entosising we'll call. Don't worry, if you tryhard enough one day you can fill out this sweet application we have and join our cool kids club :v:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Did I forget to mention Sniggwaffe? There is a middle child to this family, they're more of a farm team for Pandemic Legion. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=266074

"What YOU can expect from Sniggwaffe:
We are a PVP training corp, and the recruitment corp for Sniggerdly. There's no passive aggression here. You screw up you will be told about it in no uncertain terms. This is how you get better. The reason most people are as bad as they are is because, either no-one tells them, or they refuse to accept it. That doesn’t fly here in either way.

We couldn’t care less how awesome you think you are because, when you get in here, you start at zero. In fact, from our eyes, the only thing different between most carebears and so-called "elite PvPers" is the fact that the carebears we recruit at least know how bad they are. So yeah, we will take people from all sorts of different backgrounds, tear them down to nothing, and build them up to something that may one day be worth Sniggs interest. Don't expect to get into Snigg, not everyone does, and a lot get trolled out or get their caps awoxed because they are terrible. There are only a handful of people in EVE that can get in directly, and most of them are already there. This is the only way for anyone else."

Waffles are uplifted but not yet in the club, unlike a hordling they are expected to one day graduate. Yes, the people we are fighting have a farm team like they're some professional sports team. When you look at Pandemic Legion, Sniggwaffe, and Pandemic Horde as a whole, it's like a caste system or feudalism with the nobles lording over their men at arms and the lowly conscripts.

Want to kill these dorks yet?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

Are the CFC the only ones allowed to have newbie groups then? Us elitePVP can't do it because we automatically exploit the free labour of hapless noobs?

Please.

There's a reason we (PL) don't go out of our way to defend Horde sov, and that's because hardship builds character. Yes it's cliche and silly as gently caress to say this about a videogame, or anything really, but Horde has had at least 3 separate sovnull homes, and has either been driven out or hilariously rused the hegemony of the day, but at the end of it all, Horde members get to experience the pros (and cons) of sovnull without turning out like all of you bloated and useless wastes of virtual space.

Horde members who join in a sovnull phase are regularly told to - and regularly experience - expect to lose the space they are currently living in, and act accordingly. They're perfectly free to ignore the warnings, but the ones who are smart and realize what Horde is all about are the ones who are set up for success, and the ones most likely to fit into Waffles or PL proper by virtue of Getting It.

Also Horde's at like 5500 members or something ridiculous Gobbins and the team must be doing something right

The difference is our newbie friendly groups are treated as equal members. They can fly in mainfleet, join any sig, and generally live life like a goon. The only thing different for them is the paplink requirement, but which group doesn't purge inactives.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

Are the CFC the only ones allowed to have newbie groups then? Us elitePVP can't do it because we automatically exploit the free labour of hapless noobs?

Please.

There's a reason we (PL) don't go out of our way to defend Horde sov, and that's because hardship builds character. Yes it's cliche and silly as gently caress to say this about a videogame, or anything really, but Horde has had at least 3 separate sovnull homes, and has either been driven out or hilariously rused the hegemony of the day, but at the end of it all, Horde members get to experience the pros (and cons) of sovnull without turning out like all of you bloated and useless wastes of virtual space.

Horde members who join in a sovnull phase are regularly told to - and regularly experience - expect to lose the space they are currently living in, and act accordingly. They're perfectly free to ignore the warnings, but the ones who are smart and realize what Horde is all about are the ones who are set up for success, and the ones most likely to fit into Waffles or PL proper by virtue of Getting It.

Also Horde's at like 5500 members or something ridiculous Gobbins and the team must be doing something right

Hypothetical - If PL had a bunch of csaas reinforced, would they call in PH to defend them; and If PH had a bunch of csaas under siege, would PL come defend them.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

vyst posted:

I disagree. The SA posts requirement was to halt the ability to people to pay 10bux and immediately join. Anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves. It's basically an effort gate. It's not the same as "having to know someone" to join a spaceguild. I don't consider effort gating to be elitism as you have no social barriers to entry. I ran the auth team for 3 years. Do you honestly think I analyzed all 100+ posts people did? I checked the count, and if they shotgun shitposted. That's it.

I'm not saying what PL does is wrong. They have Sniggwaffe to some extent and PH for their newbies. But it's still a form of elitism all the same. There's also an argument to be made that PL has found a lot of it's success via their recruitment strategy. The quintessential quality vs quantity scenario.

This is different from what I said how?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Unfunny Poster posted:

True. I probably shouldn't have included the last part but I also don't get why people get so worked up they're frothing at the mouth bitching and moaning about how another group does things differently.

Fanfest is still in Iceland. CCP took over running EVE Vegas which is usually in October. There's EVE Down Under which is ran by the bogan players.

Whoa, hold on there a minute. I just presented some evidence, the mouth bitching and moaning came from your side telling me to stop assaulting them with quotes from your organization's various recruitment posts.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

This "feudal" thing you're harping on about only seems to be an issue to you and yours. Horde doesn't give a poo poo, mainly because they do their own thing on their own time. To say we don't care about them is hilarious and dumb. You're dumb. Stop it.

Harping on it? I brought up the term a whole one time. Strike a nerve?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

Because you're acting like it's the end times when it isn't.

Explaining to people the tryhard nature of our foe is hysteria now? I feel like you're projecting just a wee bit considering how hostile your language has been while mine has remained civil.

Percelus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 5, 2016

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

What can I say? I tend to lose my patience when dealing with people with the IQ of a speedbump.

You seem unable of providing a satisfying argument for why I'm full of poo poo but keep up with the ad hominem :kimchi:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

You've made a lot of effort posts about PL which are wrong, you've made a lot of effort posts about MBC that are wrong, and you're too stupid to just listen when multiple people try and tell you the correct thing. So that's probably why people are treating you like an idiot.

I'm curious to which things I'm wrong about. Telling me I'm wrong and idiot sure sounds convincing, but I would rather have an explanation.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

I made posts explaining the error in your perception and it failed to soak into that mush you call a brain so I'm not gonna waste the energy anymore friend

You made a post explaining why phorde getting the short end of the stick 'builds character' and another about how they shouldn't worry about being forced to do grunt work while completely excluded from flying expensive toys with mainfleet in PL because it's totally cool they're just doing their own thing. Sorry if I wasn't convinced :shrug:

I'm not saying selling the dream of elite pvp to newbies isn't a fantastic recruitment tool, I'm pointing the nature of the beast. Sorry if this offends you, friend.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Endie posted:

Yeah In the last couple of weeks I've had about 12 or 14 really good Eve players (judging by their kbs and in some cases what I know of them) approach me who didn't have vouches, and whom I had to advise not to apply. If PL recruited on just ability criteria then they'd mostly be in. But they didn't have vouches, so a couple of them were probably spies, maybe another couple would have been prone to starting poo poo in alliance irc or sulking when someone shouted at them for anchoring on the FC in an inty or something like that. The vouch isn't "hey this guy is good at eve" it is "hey this guy is good company and won't make movie night a misery."

I'm just curious, when is the last time PL let in a :shobon: newbie because he was a chill dude?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

2011 character and former member of the CFC is a :shobon: newbie now? I stand corrected.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

SperginMcBadposter posted:

A better example would have been some of the gsf SIGs like reavers and whatever they call their blops group now. Those require vouches from insiders and that kind of thing.

It still is false equivalence because all those SIGs want is for potential recruits to hang out on comms and fleet with them for a bit before formally joining. At no point is anyone inside our coalition ever barred from the opportunity to do so because of their alliance tag.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Are you shaking your head because I'm lying or because there is no fleet segregation your coalition? :allears:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Endie posted:

A :shobon: newbie would have no fun in PL - hi new guy we're flying proteuses in this fleet but it's ok if you want to just fly a recon - but would have a whale of a time in PH, so it would be very unfair to them to channel them towards the former.

We've got a guy right now who we know how is really chill and trustworthy but who would have no fun in PL because he couldn't fly any - any - of the doctrine ships. So he is in PH to have fun and learn to play Eve and stuff but is in our irc corp channel and a few guys fly with him a bit on quiet days. Several of us have alts in PH anyway since it's a very different form of Eve with different goals and sometimes you want that change of pace.

Socially he's effectively in corp but he gets broadcasts for fleets that he can actually have fun on. That said, a few of the guys in Bat that came with us were pretty low skill-points, but they were mates and cool and liked playing Eve so along they came.

So how was my first post of PL recruiting established veterans so controversial? I also get that having a supercap isn't an actual requirement, but like you said what fun is it to be in an organization that runs doctrines you can't fly and I always thought PL specialized in capitals first and foremost.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

I always found the argument that X alliance is superior to Y alliance because of recruitment standards pretty stupid.

It's stupid because different alliances are going to offer different players different things, or in the case of goonwaffe, most of the things for people that want that, or in the case of PL, a few things that people want, you just have to have the skill and resources for it. When I was in H A V O C before mannie joined BDCI and they left for PL I didn't want to go, and when I applied to NCDOT instead in like 2011 or whatever it was, I made a conscious choice. Not because NCDOT was superior to PL, they just did more of the things I wanted, namely taking and holding sov and doing that kind of management.

I liked Goonwaffe because the array of groups and activities was almost bewildering so I had many options, and I like Shadow Cartel now because now that I've had my null fix it's fun to be the "lowsec elite" group of players.

I don't think one alliance is superior to the other because that's all completely relative to what you want.

But the argument that a group like goons is better just because they take more people or have lower recruitment requirements or cater to a wider base alone is loving stupid and is the argument of a stupid person. It's better to say, "I think goonwaffe is better because I like doing XYZ and they do XYZ, PL does ABC but I don't like ABC but other people might."

There are plenty of goons who play EVE who post in this thread who aren't in goons for this reason.

At one point did I claim one alliance was superior to another? I merely showed the differences in culture and practices.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

Your 10 or so effort posts about the superiority of your alliance mostly.

Except I never made such a claim. If you go back and look at the post that started this "Pandemic Legion, the linchpin of this mob coming after our poo poo, was briefly touted months ago by certain individuals as the flame of true gooniness. This couldn't be further from the truth." That was what I set out to prove, not that one alliance is superior but simply one is full of goons and the others not so much. I did that by pointing out every practice that was anathema to goon groups, from the application process to the segregation of fleets and people who are essentially under one banner.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Endie posted:

Yeah, other people suggested doing it with enforcing pap links for waffe or whatever but I thought - and still think - that it needs some cultural figure who is active, has tons of time and ideally who can FC to get people all enthused by leading from the front, logging-in etc. Durr was the example I had in mind but PL also have much the same gig going on, particularly with Snigg.

Good job describing boat

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

There is a difference between someone who is willing to lose endless interceptor fleets in the wrong region without burning out, and someone who actually has the mental capacity and charisma to lead an alliance to victory.

DBRB isn't your George Washington, he's more like putting the autistic guy in charge that makes those Sonic and Pikachi fanfics.

Yet somehow boat has played a crucial part in more winning wars than arguably anyone, funny how that works out.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

Starting to agree with everyone else in this thread who has called you stupid.

In fact, no I completely agree with them.

You are dismissing any claims of DBRB being a major contributing FC to our various war efforts over the years?

...and I'm the stupid one :rolleye:

Edit - Seriously though I'd love to hear why he hasn't been.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

kiresays posted:

Ok he's defending boat, confirmed for trolling

Hey, I'm not calling him a skilled FC :colbert:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

vyst posted:

AAPsel is also a fuckin idiot that doesn't speak for us. He's not percelus bad but he's close.

You go out of your way to make this point, yet after dismissing my first post (and me) you went on to agree with the premise that PL does have elitist practices.

Am I missing something?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I can see the issue with some people viewing Horde as a "second tier" crew but in general that's just now how the relationship works out in practice.

I was reading too fast and passed this awhile ago, but if we are on the same page what's with all the arguing :confused:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

objectively bad posted:

You could come back to bos percelus we're newbie friendly

Hey nonsciolist. I'm just back to fight in the big hyped up war.

Also hey koshka and tuxedo.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

debunking or otherwise debating false information about their organizations? Because I was unaware of this rule, if I am breaking it please tell me.

That would require you to do that thing you're saying, not just talking about doing it :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Start by finally giving an example of a :shobon: newbie getting into PL just because they turned out to be some awesome chill random guy.

• Locked thread