Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

It still is false equivalence because all those SIGs want is for potential recruits to hang out on comms and fleet with them for a bit before formally joining. At no point is anyone inside our coalition ever barred from the opportunity to do so because of their alliance tag.

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Yes and whoever bought it should just extract and biomass it then use the SP for another pilot.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

My point was you're probably a shitter if you're "old fashioned and not above using homophobic slurs" and obviously those shitters haven't been weeded out yet

I think I'm being a lot more civil than you, friend, even if I happen to use the odd homophobic slur for emphasis.

Please keep your cultural revolution rhetoric to yourself~

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

My point was you're probably a shitter if you're "old fashioned and not above using homophobic slurs" and obviously those shitters haven't been weeded out yet

We have people ITT and in Goonwaffe who use the term "Jewing". Getting on people for using homophobic slurs when ironic racism is a thing is a bit of a pot and kettle scenario.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tusen Takk posted:

I don't disagree with this sentiment. I also blame all the Euros because it's usually them that cling to that sort of stuff.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 5, 2016

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ApocalypseMeow posted:

The Reddit :fap: over killing a ratting carrier in Deklein is surely a sign that we are doomed and losing this war.

Was that the 4 in 33RB from yesterday?

Also, I got grief from a PH in a svipul for ratting this morning, "this is why you're losing sov". He then went onto say "top kek".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oodles posted:

Goons were laughing over those carriers too, because if you are retarded enough to carrier rat with no support during a war, where there are multiple large hostile gangs roaming your space, Darwin is your patron saint.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Not in PL, never been in PL, nor Snigg or anything else that tracks killboard activity, because I am way too inactive to expend the effort to put up some retarded amount of kills to prove I play EVE. Looking at my killboard, I have a whopping 310 or so PVP kills since 2011. I do like to take multi-year sabbaticals from EVE though, so that may be a part of that problem.

Speaking of which, I unsubbed again, maybe I'll get back into it once I'm not living in AUTZ. Years of having little to 0 activity in my TZ has soured me on EVE and it's gonna take a lot to break that.
Yeah, that was my bad :shobon:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

We have people ITT and in Goonwaffe who use the term "Jewing". Getting on people for using homophobic slurs when ironic racism is a thing is a bit of a pot and kettle scenario.

That was weird to see itt and the only reason I didn't report it was because I can't. Someone actually got probed for using it recently though so I would hope that it dies out.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't disagree with this sentiment. I also blame all the Euros because it's usually them that cling to that sort of stuff.
Ironic

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

fag is still alive and well on goonfleet dot com hows about people not on the forums at all not try to hold a highground that doesnt exist (not you)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:confused:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

There was also the two TMC twitch incidents where Imperium dudes dropped the n-bomb when insulting someone else on air. It's something every group has problems with.

Oodles posted:

Also, I got grief from a PH in a svipul for ratting this morning, "this is why you're losing sov". He then went onto say "top kek".

"top kek" is the dumbest loving thing people say. I hate it so much.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I meant "ironic" in the sense that normally it's Europeans that are better about not using hate speech

Though I guess it depends what type of european you are

my bad :3:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Are you shaking your head because I'm lying or because there is no fleet segregation your coalition? :allears:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

christ yes

or any of its alternatives

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The way it was when I quit a few years ago was that people still used those terms but they were usually shamed for it and sometimes set to read only. I guess it's different now though and I do post way too much LF stuff so it's probably me just being over sensitive but I would love to think that goons at least had higher posting standards than that :saddowns:

Anyways lets get back to other reasons why our enemies are bad

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Unfunny Poster posted:

Political correctness and SJW's are preventing [insert anything] from being great again.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tusen Takk posted:

The way it was when I quit a few years ago was that people still used those terms but they were usually shamed for it and sometimes set to read only.

no they were not, I made judgement calls on all of them and hit what i decided were real racists and poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah, that was my bad :shobon:

That was weird to see itt and the only reason I didn't report it was because I can't. Someone actually got probed for using it recently though so I would hope that it dies out.

Ironic

Definitely one of the best probate texts.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

No mad friend.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the only really elite groups that are actually hard to get into in the Imperium are Euro Goons and probably some other niche group I'm forgetting.

Everything else is easy as hell if you have 2 brain cells to rub together. Although there are people out there who unironically consider hole squad an elite inside group so :v:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Definitely one of the best probate texts.

hahaha

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Percelus posted:

I'm just curious, when is the last time PL let in a :shobon: newbie because he was a chill dude?

A :shobon: newbie would have no fun in PL - hi new guy we're flying proteuses in this fleet but it's ok if you want to just fly a recon - but would have a whale of a time in PH, so it would be very unfair to them to channel them towards the former.

We've got a guy right now who we know how is really chill and trustworthy but who would have no fun in PL because he couldn't fly any - any - of the doctrine ships. So he is in PH to have fun and learn to play Eve and stuff but is in our irc corp channel and a few guys fly with him a bit on quiet days. Several of us have alts in PH anyway since it's a very different form of Eve with different goals and sometimes you want that change of pace.

Socially he's effectively in corp but he gets broadcasts for fleets that he can actually have fun on. That said, a few of the guys in Bat that came with us were pretty low skill-points, but they were mates and cool and liked playing Eve so along they came.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Percelus posted:

Are you shaking your head because I'm lying or because there is no fleet segregation your coalition? :allears:

Can someone translate this from retard for me?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tusen Takk posted:

I meant "ironic" in the sense that normally it's Europeans that are better about not using hate speech

Though I guess it depends what type of european you are

my bad :3:

Oh. It tends to be britbongers crying about "fag" being considered offensive ("muh cigarette nickname :qq:) and central/eastern euros who thing the n-word is hilarious because I guess that's a thing for them.

I get that ESL people tend to pick up slurs because that's just how people behave, but it's still lovely and dumb.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 5, 2016

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Endie posted:

A :shobon: newbie would have no fun in PL - hi new guy we're flying proteuses in this fleet but it's ok if you want to just fly a recon - but would have a whale of a time in PH, so it would be very unfair to them to channel them towards the former.

We've got a guy right now who we know how is really chill and trustworthy but who would have no fun in PL because he couldn't fly any - any - of the doctrine ships. So he is in PH to have fun and learn to play Eve and stuff but is in our irc corp channel and a few guys fly with him a bit on quiet days. Several of us have alts in PH anyway since it's a very different form of Eve with different goals and sometimes you want that change of pace.

Socially he's effectively in corp but he gets broadcasts for fleets that he can actually have fun on. That said, a few of the guys in Bat that came with us were pretty low skill-points, but they were mates and cool and liked playing Eve so along they came.

I came along with NORKdot as a really low sp dude and basically flew dictors and logi for a year, and kept a clone wherever waffles were to fly with them occasionally. Tell him to hang in there and that it gets better, but yeah, it's tough.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

central/eastern euros who thing the n-word is hilarious because I guess that's a thing for them.

it's kinda funny how the directorship keeps having to tell people to not spam our russian allies with cyka blyat

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

I believe that he made a fake sale thread and hosed it up. He may have gone on to sell it successfully.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PL has always been a pretty chill group.

Almost all other current/former enemies are/were completely insufferable.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

pugnax posted:

Can someone translate this from retard for me?

He's saying something about how terribly important it is to have the last word in any discussion on the internet, I believe, no matter how dumb that word ends up being.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

I think the forum is retired now but in the thread where that Lilith guy was mauled and other threads at the time there was a lot of ship and fleet question along the lines of "You are facing a hostile MWD HAC armour fleet. What fleet comp would you choose. Elaborate on your answers" With follow up questions.

"I would drop on them in my supercap with at least a dozen friends while not being an idiot on comms."

Was that the right answer?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

it's kinda funny how the directorship keeps having to tell people to not spam our russian allies with cyka blyat

lol

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Venom Snake posted:

Does GSF still have the AAA vs PotP-era page on how to insult Russians on the wiki? If so I'd remove it now because that could substantially increase your list of hostiles if some goony mcgoon stumbles across it at the wrong time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

Does GSF still have the AAA vs PotP-era page on how to insult Russians on the wiki? If so I'd remove it now because that could substantially increase your list of hostiles if some goony mcgoon stumbles across it at the wrong time.

Don't listen to Endie. That's the best page on the wiki.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Endie posted:

I believe that he made a fake sale thread and hosed it up. He may have gone on to sell it successfully.

Speaking of...

Endie posted:

Does Sion condone asking your friendly russian neighbors for a sheep or two to gently caress?

Also- what's his stance on maple syrup?

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 5, 2016

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

PL has always been a pretty chill group.

Almost all other current/former enemies are/were completely insufferable.

Being on ~the other side~ Vince is hilarious and awesome, NCdot as a whole are OKAY, the rest of N3/HBC/whatever were retards

And to their credit... and I can't believe I'm saying this... but TEST have improved markedly in the last 3 years. I still wouldn't want to be around them for too long, mostly because they still stink of redditor, but they're not NEARLY as bad as Boodabooda-era TEST.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh. It tends to be britbongers crying about "fag" being considered offensive ("muh cigarette nickname :qq:) and central/eastern euros who thing the n-word is hilarious because I guess that's a thing for them.

I flew with a Swordfleet this weekend whose FC (some british guy in one of the tiny corps GSF let in) kept going on about that, I don't think my delicate sensibilities would fit in in a european alliance.

(I'm hardly delicate but I still don't like it when people use language that I wouldn't consider appropriate for general conversation)

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Endie posted:

So how was my first post of PL recruiting established veterans so controversial? I also get that having a supercap isn't an actual requirement, but like you said what fun is it to be in an organization that runs doctrines you can't fly and I always thought PL specialized in capitals first and foremost.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Endie, scuttlebutt in Elysium is that you left because you were mad because mittens didn't make you waffe CEO pls respond

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hello "top kek" let me introduce you to "WEW LAD". :suicide:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

I always thought

This is your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Siets posted: