Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kirs posted:

Well, I got 32b off him and left him with 10b he did not wished to give me at all. he spinned the situation that he was TESTing goons if we still scam...fun thing is that he told me that he was dying in all that freighters in order to test fittings and game itself. What a puppetmaster. Last week he offered to educate me so I can scam better.

:vince: is this who I think it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

thanks for the errata

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Cygni posted:

good to see as a returner that the try hard anti-goonfleet posters are still around and still havent realized that nobody really gives a poo poo about their 'side' of the story for their stupid space drama

:agreed:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Endie posted:

Everyone please stop the stupid space drama.

if there wasn't any drama there wouldn't be any war, now would there?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Endie posted:

Eve is rewarding in the depth and complexity of its mechanics.

sion was right

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Pulling out the :foxnews: with those graphs. Those slopes are so close to horizontal they might as well be 0.

i know its hard to see but here is an mspaint magnification of lawn losing ~400 members

pick your slope

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

vyst posted:

Globby you dumb poo poo that's not how the slope meme works.

idgi how does it work

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

That's not a slope. This is a slope.

:pusheen:

Bell_ posted:

Bat Country joined PL? They had the neatest Bee avatar, too. What was the story, or is it a totally unrelated group of folks with the same name?

basically personality conflicts between bat leadership and the imperium

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:smithicide:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i loved those alpha insta-align interceptor fleets the imperium+others used to run, i love weird gimmicks like that.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

scandoslav posted:

Discrete math can suck a dick and die. :buddy:

:eyepop:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being a primary source of income for some alliances

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

this is the same misinformed and ignorant mentality that anti-gankers and white knights have when they complain about the profitability of ganking, hope this helps.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also idgi why do people hate RMTers? if you can make money off this dumb game then more power to you

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

crew posted:

but but they freeported a station

and took like 5 hours to do it :laugh:

is this unironic 'not winning fast enough?'

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Xolve posted:

Who are you again?

he's somethingawful forums poster pseudanonymous

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:wink: You have a permit to transport those goods, right?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pugnax posted:

Also, with regard to r/eve and how bad it is, it has 60k subscribers and 2,100 people are looking at it /right now/. So even if the vast majority of the actual comments are swill (peppered with the occasional Elise or Endie or ulllerm gem), it makes sense that CCP would pay attention and use it as a sounding board. Reddit as a community is abysmal and horrid, but as a communications platform it's not bad - the capital rebalance focus group subreddit is a great example.

In actual spaceships, is anyone else looking forward to a grand new era of dreadnaught awesomeness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTnw4BGEnUw

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

everyone is dumb except for me

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Paging Globby.

:ssh:

it's a whole bunch of :effort:, but if there is a rich benefactor involved anything is possible :shobon:

Siets posted:

I would hardly call lvl5 carrier blitzers "straight forward". You need a bunch of faction mission pullers, as well as a carrier (possibly multiple carriers depending on where you do it), as well as the know-how to avoid people trying to gank your missioning carrier.

try one puller, one carrier (or supercarrier) per system (1-3 total) and you're set

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 4, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Siets posted:

How do you avoid getting ganked or hotdropped? I wouldn't trust myself to do it unless I knew that.

Also the last time I researched constellations for this, basically Hysera was the only lowsec system that had all highsec neighbor systems and would allow for a 1-carrier setup. There was also a gallente system that had 3 lowsec with the rest highsec in its constellation. Everything else was like 5+ lowsec systems, which means you'd want a carrier in each of those 5+ systems so that you don't have to cyno or go gate-to-gate. What other constellations/factions are out there, or is that it?

There's more to it, like constellation geography and other things. Out of like ~200 missions I've run, only a dozen times has anyone tried to probe me down, and this is on a neutral alt with no affiliations to anyone. All you do is warp in, MWD align out, and do the mission and if you see probes cut your losses and dock up for an hour or something.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CommonShore posted:

He's a guy who has stolen large amounts of poo poo from several consecutive alliances on the promise of "well sure, I stole from those guys, but I'd never do it to you."

what a piece of poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

On the third hand I doubt that the low sec groups would be willing to field supers next to PL in this conflict.

way to invalidate your authority on the discussion of the mbc

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

How about instead of continuing a multi-page ambiguity joust you just come out and say "I take my missions from John Farthuffer, the Caldari Teledildonics agent in Poitot, because three encyclopaedia of theoretical math equations conclusively prove that he gives the best isk/effort/whatever optimization possible in [current year], and I base my seventeen characters in the following systems:" That's what the guy wants. It's what you (allegedly) know. PM him the answer.

The problem is a mission hub's value changes depending on who is living there. Hysera is by far the best system for a Caldari Level 5 mission runner, but you can't do them there because there are constantly people trying to hunt you down. Giving them the tools and enough information to be able to find out for themselves is the optimal way to do things, so if they DO figure out a secret or two about mission running they would be less likely to reveal the secret to the dirty masses.

It's not as simple as "go here, do this" unless you're on the test server.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pugnax posted:

God I want to touch the poop so badly but I've got to stay strong.

:eyepoop:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

I'm sure every day when you log in to do your Levels 5s you have a small existential crisis and do five hours of noneuclidean space geometry in order to determine where you should run them.

Wait, no—I assume that you've been set up in [current system] for the majority of [current year] and you just undock and go, and that you could easily tell the guy "I do X in Y, have been doing so since Z."

Your attempt to come off as some sort of wizened guru instead presents you as probably the most boring cocktease I can imagine.

sorry I didn't spoon feed another poster obsolete or incorrect information to satisfy your needs, my apologies

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

goonfleet is p racist, always has been, still is, probably always will be.

see, in my 6 month stay i really didnt see any of this from 'waffe members, only from the valued allies, and they got poo poo on for it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

weird how the other d name pl guy isnt posting today

sorry too busy kissing girls

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

but losing 20 regions in a single patch is nbd right

lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

Tiberzzle is right tho FCON's had a month to move and now they're all lemminging with supers in X-70 like retards.

Also I just finished a 3 day probation, I guess jokes about God's Chosen People are no longer allowed in sa.com current year

maybe you're just not funny?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

What's the story with this one? Caught on jump-in?

the guy was going to leave the CFC and a friend gave us the tools to dispose of the traitor :patriot:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i hope the irony isn't lost on anybody

it's even better considering the first time he was trolled out of this thread he made an unironic puppetmaster thread in e/n

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

Goonfleet 2016: our allies losing supers is a good thing

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Huge_Midget posted:

Caring for a six month old really limits your spaceship time. Can somebody fill me in on today's drama?

Imperium/GSF losing both the real war and the internet posting war

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

i thought mittani said that CFC can't lose as long as they ~deny fights~

ya i guess you can't lose fights you aren't in

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i want penif to SMASH my dong

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

querns you sound cute :wink:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Magres posted:

Regarding space rainbows, there's nothing I can think of that would make space rainbows impossible - rainbows are caused by differences in the indices of refraction (it's a property of translucent materials that relates to how light behaves in them) and the fact that different wavelengths of light play with varying indices of refraction in different ways (iirc changing the index of refraction generally impacts higher frequency light's path more than low frequency, so violet more than red, but I haven't studied optics in a while so I could be wrong). Basically any clear-ish material can generate something akin to a rainbow under the right circumtances (you can use glass prisms to generate rainbows).

They'd be kinda rare cause there's not a whole ton of matter in space with which to form rainbows, but I'd say it is 100% possible.

e: drat, badly beaten

No, you're spot on, it's possible in any medium, as long as there are enough 'differences' in that medium to reflect the refracted light.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

Maybe you'd be interested in space trucking as well?

please don't

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

So about a year and a half ago I killed my first hyperdunk victim, and he quit the game outright after realizing what had happened. He recently started playing the game again, and when I saw his Charon insta-warp off the Jita 4-4 Station, I knew it had to be good one. Immediately remembering the events that happened over a year ago, I called for an aggressor to shoot his ship to prevent his ship from disappearing from space when he logs off, which he promptly attempted to do. I then scanned his cargo, realized he was worth killing, and destroyed his freighter. An enterprising ganker also nabbed his pod.
We had several good kills, although one JF barely escaped from us due to a small mistake (our ships had no warp disruptors.)

I only wish I had more people interested in suicide ganking. :negative:

Zephyrine posted:

Very possible. I sent out a bunch of notices and then purged everyone who fell short of the monthly quota because war/spies

Yeah, the worst possible outcome would be getting 'pushXed.' It's also pretty dangerous to have AFK and missing leadership as well who turn on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

You kinda left and hosed over the one alliance that was interested in doing suicide ganking on an industrial scale.

yeah but miniluv cant kill neutral pilots that happen to be blues, it's far too restricting to do what i'm doing in miniluv, which is both fortunate and unfortunate

• Locked thread