Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe so, but at the end of the day might a soft reboot of GoonSwarm be better for everyone in the long run? Is Dek really worth keeping aside from the infrastructure in place considering the stupid crap that is seemingly tearing the Alliance apart?

Dek is literally THE most developed region in the game except for maybe Provi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe so, but at the end of the day might a soft reboot of GoonSwarm be better for everyone in the long run? Is Dek really worth keeping aside from the infrastructure in place considering the stupid crap that is seemingly tearing the Alliance apart?

don't worry guys, its peak goon to lose the most valuable region in the game and abandon another 6 regions

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

Guildmasters Girlfriend is a well known mmo phenomenon.

All your epic loot doesn't disappear or get blown up because your raid leaders GF didn't get her healing belt.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

don't worry guys, its peak goon to lose the most valuable region in the game and abandon another 6 regions

And another :10bux: and another :10bux:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

you are not wrong actually.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 8, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ok realtalk:

I'm having this discussion right with someone in jabber now and yeah, I agree. I actually logged in intending to gently caress off to random other parts of the galaxy about a month ago ~ish~ because I was really getting the eve, and eve goons itch but I wasn't really getting the "Imperium online" or "The Mittani Media" itch. This poo poo went down and I decided to fight for our side because... I guess I just want to ride this out to it's flaming conclusion? I hope what comes out the other side is different than the last couple of years.

The number of actual goons defecting/willing to defect and willing to eat the title of "Goonfucker" or "Traitor" was massively concerning from my standpoint. A lot of people I have a lot of respect for are no longer in the alliance or the coalition, the Endies, Themadj, hell even fairly minor figures like Lykouleon and Faphammer. I feel like I'm watching those stupid loving brave coups all over again where something that nominally shouldn't be happening in a happy healthy group is happening and rather than ask "Why" we're too busy giving it a kneejerk reaction.

I will say gently caress C02 though. And Despite reddit calling him a psychopath Tibs logs were my top entertainment for the night.

~truegoon flame of gooniness~ spotted. prepare to be commissared

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well then simplify everything if it's no longer necessary. Gut the directorate to a select few if we have to. Have The Mittani remain as CEO, maintain a good stable of active FCs, and organize the usual group of spergs who get off on doing boring logistic stuff 8 hours a day.

It won't matter if you gut the rest, mittens is the one who wants the super space empire. You'll keep moving towards that again as long as he is your leader.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Join blackops we are killing pandemic horde, it's tight knit and we're really eager for someone to take space intending to live in it so we can go gently caress it up and make it completely miserable.

You are the Russians in that C-J video.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Venom Snake posted:

your not wrong actually.

seriously stop being illiterate

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Syndic Thrass posted:

And another :10bux: and another :10bux:

yeah the guy with 11k posts is one of the guys who joined to screech about echo chambers shut up dumb child

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cravius posted:

~truegoon flame of gooniness~ spotted. prepare to be commissared

Honestly if I get kicked out for speaking my mind when viewing current events with a certain amount of healthy skepticism then we're huffing our own farts too hard and deserve to die.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It won't matter if you gut the rest, mittens is the one who wants the super space empire. You'll keep moving towards that again as long as he is your leader.

wouldn't it be cool if mittani cared more about his alliance than his faux media site? rofl

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Real Nito posted:

Yeah, Dinin, thems were the times. Also maybe, all depends if I'm blacklisted still.

Figure I might try again, now that things are getting interesting in EVE.

You lose nothing by trying to apply to karmafleet. Ask around, i'd enjoy flying with you once more.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

But here's the thing, I have nothing against moving back toward it. Let's build up a new empire. But lets go through the process of earning it again.

Can't it be argued that aside from Goons first broing up with the Red Alliance and TCF in 2006 that welping Delve was the best thing that happened to GoonSwarm in its history? In late 2009 a resurgent BoB and their friends were taking Fountain and breaking down the gates in Delve as Goon morale and motivation seemed to be at an all time low. Then Kartoon went gently caress Goons and it all seemed to be unraveling. Well then the sov bills went unpaid, Goons had to get the gently caress out, and 3 years later they established the most powerful coalition in the games history.

Domi sov and general complacency while getting fat off of broken Delve hosed us in the end back in 2009. Seems eerily similar to today's situation.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 8, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wouldn't it be cool if mittani cared more about his alliance than his faux media site? rofl

well i honestly hope he cares more about his personal life than the game life so

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Syndic Thrass posted:

God shut the gently caress up. The gooniest thing that could possibly happen is you to stop posting

:qq:

Seriously, the amount of people who come in here and complain "Muh content! I was promised content!" is just ridiculous and if you're telling me to shut the gently caress up when I'm telling some of them to create their own content instead of waiting for it to happen, then I don't know what to tell you. :shrug:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Dalael posted:

:qq:

Seriously, the amount of people who come in here and complain "Muh content! I was promised content!" is just ridiculous and if you're telling me to shut the gently caress up when I'm telling some of them to create their own content instead of waiting for it to happen, then I don't know what to tell you. :shrug:

i hope the irony isn't lost on anybody

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

it's even better considering the first time he was trolled out of this thread he made an unironic puppetmaster thread in e/n

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Could you please explain for someone who is not actually familiar with USA politics?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

please dont use the word content, its dumb and bad. god bless

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

you flaming bernie son? ill fite u

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you flaming bernie son? ill fite u

deadtear for goonfleet ceo.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Kirs posted:

Could you please explain for someone who is not actually familiar with USA politics?

Not sure to be honest. That AV represents Bernie Sanders, who is trying to get the democratic nomination against Hillary Clinton. A very long shot to be honest.
I'm not quite sure what the ironic part is supposed to be about tho.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717961&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 >--- Giant shitposting thread where we post about literally everything but Bernie. Also Bernie. Populated by some of the most prolific shitposters who ironically and unironically proclaim things such as "Eat the Rick" "Full Communism now" and "Its happening".

Dalael fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 8, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
What's irony?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

:(

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53124530/

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

This is why FCON shouldn't have nice things.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Ouch.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

What the gently caress are they doing? :cripes:

e: capital BPOs too?

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 8, 2016

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

cravius posted:

Suitcase Titans? :shrug:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

tactical feeding to make the enemy complacent

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cravius posted:

e: capital BPOs too?

Chumming the waters like idiots.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
showing how much they disagree with the current strategy of "dont feed them kills they'll get bored you retards"

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But here's the thing, I have nothing against moving back toward it. Let's build up a new empire. But lets go through the process of earning it again.

Can't it be argued that aside from Goons first broing up with the Red Alliance and TCF in 2006 that welping Delve was the best thing that happened to GoonSwarm in its history? In late 2009 a resurgent BoB and their friends were taking Fountain and breaking down the gates in Delve as Goon morale and motivation seemed to be at an all time low. Then Kartoon went gently caress Goons and it all seemed to be unraveling. Well then the sov bills went unpaid, Goons had to get the gently caress out, and 3 years later they established the most powerful coalition in the games history.

Domi sov and general complacency while getting fat off of broken Delve hosed us in the end back in 2009. Seems eerily similar to today's situation.
Wasn't there a really huge lucky break there with TCF owning Deklein by virtue of being part of the old NC but also being an effectively dead alliance so they could just gift their space to GSF? Not so much "we went bust but then we rebuilt from nothing" as "we went bust but then our crazy French uncle died and left us a big inheritance". Don't want to be all "grr goons" or "grr diplomacy", but I suspect that the supply of wealthy half-dead French uncles is pretty limited.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Apt corp name for fcon :laugh:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

Wasn't there a really huge lucky break there with TCF owning Deklein by virtue of being part of the old NC but also being an effectively dead alliance so they could just gift their space to GSF? Not so much "we went bust but then we rebuilt from nothing" as "we went bust but then our crazy French uncle died and left us a big inheritance". Don't want to be all "grr goons" or "grr diplomacy", but I suspect that the supply of wealthy half-dead French uncles is pretty limited.

I don't know why but this sentence made me laugh out loud. :pgabz:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
If they're half dead they're not dead and their inheritance isn't up for grabs, by my calculations.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Dalael posted:

You lose nothing by trying to apply to karmafleet. Ask around, i'd enjoy flying with you once more.

Applied. That application was not designed for listing out a long corporation history.

Now it's wait and see.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

If they're half dead they're not dead and their inheritance isn't up for grabs, by my calculations.

what if they are mostly dead

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Evac Dek, leave everyone else to the wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Syndic Thrass posted:

Nothing a good shove down the stairs won't solve.

• Locked thread