Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

im a bittervet from way back, but im gonna use my sub offer. i think my capitals and supplies are scattered all the gently caress over so ill prolly just take the hand out ships and die a lot

i hear suas shoots us now... which i guess he always did so thats not much of a change afterall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

good to see as a returner that the try hard anti-goonfleet posters are still around and still havent realized that nobody really gives a poo poo about their 'side' of the story for their stupid space drama

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, loving Endie and his try hard anti-goon posting.

i wasnt talking about him and i also dont know who he is but ok sure

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Adding this to gsf_tears.zip, thanks. :allears:
yw nice zip friendo

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

crew posted:

Some of Groens history of eve maps definitely had us near detorid or insmother

after BoB camped us out of Syndicate and we pulled the VCBee thing for a few days, we moved in with Red Alliance in the south as Remedial (i think it was still him?) promised us sweet rats and phat lewtss brah. the rats sorta sucked, but we also got our first real taste of true nullsec and conquerable stations and such. also the first wars that we actually fuckin' won, but LV and -V- were really terrible.

i dont think the drone regions actually existed yet though? at least not at the start? i dunno.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

all jabber all the time, the forum itself goes through phases of ghost town and small rural suburb levels of action

kind of a shame, it was better than this here forum during the pre-jabber years

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that was almost an actual decade ago though

beauty knows no age

or like

something

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Glory of Arioch posted:

war is already here

i know the starship trooper references have been fuckin' run into the ground but im still compelled to (poo poo)post this:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Red Crown posted:

Torn from the pubbies, I was forced to speak their language.

it is sorta bizarre how everyone in eve now uses all of our old lingo and lovely decade old memes and stuff

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dadbuck posted:

I'm predicting we are going to go to Faction Warfare soon, or Lowsec.

lol no

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I like it being just off enough to upset nerds.

As Captain John-Luke Picard would say, it's time to "Engage-It"

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

what happened to sesfan. my bio just reminded me of him and his wonderful sighs.

im guessing this is like a LITTLE out of date

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Altran posted:

Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

In the before times, in the long long ago, before tidi, or the fleet menu, or interdictors, or fleet doctrines, or jump bridges, or anyone had super caps, or real alliances, and before the toxic wealth/SP accumulation of today, and before they broke the bullshit T2 blueprint monopoly system... back when GF was mainly dudes in Punishers sucking crok in Syndicate... the games "fleet warfare" consisted of a ragtag group of frigates and a few cruisers gate camping pipes.

When BoB or MC. would decide to attack us, it was generally a group of actual BATTLESHIPS or HACs *gasp* that would kick our rear end, so our response was to run newbie drives and blob them with a neverending supply of T1 frigates. Hence the bee analogies started. Considering only like 10% of Eve could actually fly a HAC back then, and probably like 1-2% could actually afford it because of the stupid monopolies, losing a HAC to a bunch of frigates really pissed people off.

Someone eventually found that bee vector design as a stock image somewhere and licensed it for like $50/lifetime, and people started modifying it and poo poo. When CCP announced they were gonna let people put their own actual alliance images into the game (a FOOLS decision, we all agreed), the choice was pretty obvious. Some of my timeline might be a little off (that was like a decade ago) but thats generally what the deal was.

e: should also add that we were forbidden from talking in local, on eve-o, public channels, anywhere but on GF.com and our private in game channels. so people would get destroyed by a bunch of T1 frigs from guys with dumb names (before that was common in the game) in eerie silence. People really hated that.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 2, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

He was an interview on some cringey eve Twitch thing i was watching and he said lots of dumb poo poo about 'lack of content' with goonfeet and a bunch of other stupid kugu level horseshit so its probably better that hes over in Mens Rights Fleet.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

smertrioslol posted:

Is it that hard to believe that it's fun to have active targets to play against?
is it really so hard to believe that nobody gives a poo poo what your dumb reasons are

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

objectively bad posted:

uhh, he was responding to someone asking what SUAS' reasons were and a member of BOS (SUAS' corp) responded?

i was looking for something to quote to tell him i didnt care and that one seemed pretty good !!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

You could just not read it. You don't have to jump into every conversation to let everyone involved know your care level.

it was related to the thing he quoted me about geeze you guys geeze

realtalk, im sorta confused by the skill injector prices. doesnt really seem worth it to produce them at the current price, unless im missing somthing? seems like you would just break even to make a plex per plex spent.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Ah, gotcha. Thats the piece i was missing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

darth cookie posted:

If the absolute worst happens and we get rolled out of Dek (which I really doubt will happen) we'll wait a bit for the other side to dissolve/retreat because it seems unlikely that any power on that side of the conflict capable of holding it would bother, because that's not their thing. We'll roll back in, air out the carpets a bit and then plot the merciless destruction of CO2. :shrug:

I would imagine they would blow the horn if/before that happened, and if they blow the horn, a whole lotta returning people that don't give a poo poo about gudfites, or space politics, or logistics, or 'my content!!!', or the game as a fuckin' concept will pile in with the sole intention of pissing people off and getting revenge. A lot of the people i got into this game only played to enjoy the group-griefing aspect in the first place, and ended up playing for a year or two.

Kinda want to see the horn happen. Would be fun to see who comes back.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Tim Jong-un posted:

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

nah

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Arcsquad12 posted:

I find it hilarious that the Mittani sent out the call for mobilization and only something like 200 goons responded.

the only call any bittervets like me got was that ccp email and a resub deal

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ScreamingLlama posted:

Sooooo... what are you going to do if Mittens says no to the whole "fight the media narrative" thing? I can easily see the Imperium throwing the fight, laying low, then steamrolling right over the Moneybadgers and taking back the whole of their losses. That would be fun to watch for those of us not involved. A fragmented, sovless guerilla war is what Solitude Rangers and Highsec Militia is going to end up fighting against CODE. That might work for us since both the New Order and anti-gankers are always tooling around in highsec, but EVE goons need to do something other than griefing for once. I realize playing the game straight might be an odd concept to some of you, but you have the resources and the numbers to put Moneybadgers to the sword if you would only loving try.

Let's face it, you spent years of real time waving your collective dicks at the entire EVE universe (including its creators) and now you have the gall to object when it comes back to haunt you. Harden up, tool up, take your capitals out and go face the music.

e: this is probably an intentionally bad post right? poo poo. coming back from a long vacation means i gotta relearn all these posters. drat.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the mighty Mens Rights Alliance is owning those dang Goonies and their SJW masters who cut off the supply of reddit lolli, le deal with it *animal meme*

e: i would say owned by the word filter but robocop masters is pretty cool sounding

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Are you having a stroke? Someone call an ambulance :ohdear:

what confused you

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Honest question, is there another fight somewhere? Cause even losing a few big fleets of ceptors doesn't seem like it would be enough to set that. I mean there were single DD's in the remote DD days that wiped 400+ instantly, and that would happen a few times a day during lovely lagged POS shoots and such.

I don't see much on Dotlan to suggest its super busy anywhere else.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Goatman Sacks posted:

You're amplifying the amount of people that fought in those olden days. It used to be that 800 ships blown up in an hour was considered unparalleled meat grinder. I'm not sure 400 ships ever got swatted by a single DD. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of any DDs more destructive than The Enslaver's introductory one in 1v, and that was only 230.

Youre probably right, i always forget that the actual fleets spent most of the fights sitting on the gates unable to get into the fuckin systems. I do remember a few where we had at least 200+ get DDed and then all of the pods got picked off by POS guns since we were all grid locked.

Just seems strange that we're setting records today is all.

Lets get the mandatory drunk rifter ops with 'everyone shoot eachother' thunderdome ending going again.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

My primary money-making for a lot of years prior to the great war was ninja ratting out of anchored cans in Delve because BoB was never ever ever there. There were a lot more deadend systems back then before corps spammed stations in every system of 0.0, and it was a lot harder to live full time in deep 0.0 before jump bridges/jump freighters and stuff.

Null does seem busier these days, based on my limited re-exposure.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

hell of a first post

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dark nightsky posted:

We all have to start somewhere right?

Shut your loving face uncle fucker...

:shobon:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ive invalidated ur thread authority pal

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

PL is a generic tryhard syck-elite MMO PvP group, which makes them inherently boring and attractive to boring MMO players. when you talk about low Goonfleet engagement, a lot of people i knew were specifically interested in playing Eve only because we were in the anti-christ anti-gudfites goonfleet, and the entire group was built on personally ruining the game for people who take space shootships as Serious Fun, like BoB or PL, by any means necessary to piss them off.

it seems that the focus sorta changed over the years to be less hate-fucky (it probably wasnt sustainable, i get it), and the entire rest of Eve seems to have tried to copy that old culture, so it doesnt surprise me that a lot of old GF dudes checked out. just my bittervet view.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

Is it so deplorable to want and to enjoy GOOD FIGHTS??
i think it was more about ruining other peoples enjoyment in general (be it gewdfites or high sec mining or whatever). goons like to grief people in bad MMOs, maybe youve heard about it

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

I again point to the literal mouth frothing after I said "human being"

I find it hard to believe you people do any sort of griefing anywhere.

lmao

e: what do you mean 'you people', cant believe, someone ban this racist fucklechuck !!

Cygni fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 5, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

Basically a bunch of cute catgirl players were more down to earth and tolerable than most evegoons I've interacted with.

sounds more your speed, maybe you should go back there and stay with the anime children

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

DJ called, he said you're full of poo poo.

can we put a list in the OP of the idiots who got so riled up about internet spaceships that they spent $10 to post in SA eve threads and defend their e-guild

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

meritocracy structures of leadership

i came

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dark nightsky posted:

Quick question... I just joined SA but since the whole universe is at war with gsf, can i join goonwaffe faster since i guess every pilot counts these days?

wasnt this dudes really lovely first post a few pages ago, lemme see. yup:

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

this dude is ready if u ask me

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yall dont need to get into the weeds about PL, cmon. they are an 'ElitePVP' group literally called Pandemic Legion with a picture of a virus with a syckk skull on it as their logo. thats like the MMO group equivalent of truck nutz. it really should just be an enlarged version of :twisted: but i think somebody already did that.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

"Posts a lot" this is the first time in five years of having this account that I have posted actively.

probably should have kept that streak going tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dude has 72 all time posts, 71 of which are on the eve thread today. think he knows a little somethin about mental illness.

• Locked thread