Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Coeurls on this game are the worst. Nimbly bastards that run at mach speed, deal huge damage, can rest to recover all their HP, and has a Blaster-like attack that has (in my experiences) a high chance of instakilling you.

gently caress Coeurls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
That cook is a stingy rear end in a top hat who gives me a few veggies for risking life and limb.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Magic is super good and fun. I need more AP for for extracting power from nodes. I never have enough and its somewhat annoying to hoof it between camps for them.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I think I need to move on with the main quest. I'm level 45 and still on Chapter 3.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The Costlemark dungeon is really something. A series of escalating fights leading up to a gauntlet of enemies that first consists of some Flans and a Red Giant then eventually escalates into loving 3 of them and that snake daemon that toads and petrifies you.

Is there an easy way to deal with Red Giants aside from magic? They have way too much HP and their resistances to EVERYTHING makes it such a slog.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'll keep this short.

gently caress Costlemark Tower.

gently caress Dino.

3 Red Giants and a Nagarani???

At least the boss is a gimme after all the bullshit.

I ran into that encounter TWICE and man it really burned me out on Costlemark Tower. First time I managed to easily pass it by having Ramuh pop up early in the fight and own just about everything except for the Nagarani (which died in 1 hit afterwards).

Second encounter was much less fortunate and I managed to scrape out a victory after using soo many consumables. I love how they make you fight three of some of the most damage resistant enemies and then add in one more who can easily Toad/Stone you.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Deified Data posted:

I encountered a single Coeurl at around level 28 and it wiped my whole party in seconds. What? I've fought higher level enemies at lower levels (like Gigantoads) and came away without a scratch.

Speaking of, is there a good way to keep Ignis and Prompto from getting mulched in combat? Prompto especially is an Elixer-hog in dungeons.

Coeurls are some daemon level poo poo. They move crazy fast, hit crazy hard, and can loving rest for ALL of their HP.

Most likely you got hit by their Blaster attack which not only does crazy lightning damage but has a fairly good chance of instantly killing you. That attack looks like they're charging energy on their whiskers and then attacking you with them.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

FAUXTON posted:

How bout the decals

:stonk:

"That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!"
"Imperials above us!"
"Watch where you swing that thing!"

I'm a fan of the little bits of banter here and there but goddamn they really burn a hole in your mind.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZTHs0Iyn8

Spoilers obviously.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
A crow just forced a mysterious blue liquid down Noctis' throat.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The Coeurls were the worst for me. I ran out of ingredients to make the null all elements lasagna but having the guaranteed crit buff helped a lot - doubly so with the armiger.

You can also make level 99 healcasts using 4 potions. Dirt cheap and the healcast will also restore maximum hp lost as well.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Wrist Watch posted:

So they tweaked the way the ring works a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLnbCkW8pk

Haha

Time to farm the gently caress out of Angelus.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

1redflag posted:

I tried to use the ring to evaporate the turtle, but it didn't work :(

Reports indicate that it can take a ton of tries. Some people reported doing over 200 Alterna casts and nothing and others 4.

I tried a bunch and didn't banish it so I just spent about 5-7 minutes using Death on it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
put your hands (put your hands up)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Episode Ignis slated for after the heat death of the universe.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
We just need a turret section where everything is a QTE and we're perfect.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Renoistic posted:

I think the general idea is to use FFXV as a testing ground for new mechanics and systems, and Kay the groundwork for a sequel or new FF. At least I hope so!

I feel like its this plus making up for the trainwreck that was post Altissia onwards.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

This example is hilarious overkill.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
They made the ring beefy.

Soo beefy that if you pump up your magic stat a ton, you can start killing anything effortlessly.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Legs Benedict posted:

where the gently caress/how the gently caress do i level up beyond 99 in this lovely game, the experience requirements are ridiculous and i haven't played since before the episode gladio update :|

Farm Rare Coins

Cast very high leveled Expericasts.

Sleep at the 3x EXP hotel.

Repeat until dead.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
This Assassin's Creed DLC is great if just for the costumes and seeing Gladio be a total ladykiller (to the chargin of Prompto mostly when he hits on Cindy)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Didn't see it posted but the bestiary has been in the game for sometime. Interesting tidbits of information.

You can rotate the models of each monster except for Chadarnook, Melusine, and Shiva, probably to prevent players from getting their :fap: on.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Episode Ignis trailer dropped yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfyMzP5R3HE

And now we know why he went blind.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
After the Ignis DLC drops, I'm thinking of doing my second full playthough of the game. I feel like it's mostly complete at that point.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Jimbot posted:

Seems like it. Magic is clunky and crap to use otherwise.

Speaking of clunky, that is how I'd describe the combat. I'd even say it's quite bad. Your dodge is really garbage and doesn't give you any distance. The parry is also really bad as the game doesn't give you any indication of which enemy is attacking you, so you have to guess when to hit the button. I get more compelling combat from XIV. They should have made it more like a traditional 3rd person action game rather than whatever this is. I usually spam my warp strike in hopes I end up in a place where I can get an idea of what the hell is going on. I should probably play in that other combat mode since the default is really bad.

Facetank everything and pop potions. Success!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The Comrades multiplayer component launches on the 15th of this month. Apparently it's free if you have the season pass.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
From what I read you need a PS Plus or XBL Gold account to play online. Otherwise it has a full singleplayer component where you take AI partners into combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Rascyc posted:

Out of curiosity were you able to play without psn+?

Indeed you don't need PS+ to play it. You can take AI partners on quests.

• Locked thread