Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

Have you never played a Final Fantasy game with voice acting before? They're all like that.
Wasn't FF12 pretty decent?

10 was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Just finished the demo, and was there any point in the game that managed to hit 30 FPS? For a tech demo, it sure was a slog. Not much voice acting in it, but looks like I'll be able to switch between languages whenever I want anyway.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Signs point to yes and after release on consoles.
I can’t believe I might have to play a friggin’ Final Fantasy game on PC.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
DF's demo analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YECC8u0nPO8

The game uses three different resolutions depending on load:

PS4:
* 1920x1080
* 1600x900
* 1568x882

X1:
* 1568x882
* 1408x792
* 1360x768

Frame rate:

Max of 30, frequent low-20s.X1 sometimes dips 7 FPS lower than the PS4.

On top of this, the PS4 version messes up the ordering of frames sometimes, with duplicate frames being one of the problems.

What a mess.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

If they're not going download-only, they probably already are within 8 weeks of the hard deadline to cover the time it takes to produce and ship the physical discs. Doing a day-1 patch is an option, but they don't exactly have a lot of time left for version 1.0
Day 1 patches are the new normal, they'll do it if it fits their roadmap.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Terper posted:

Final Fantasy XV is the Witcher 3 of video games.
With HairWorks always on.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Is that Final Fantasy XV movie out yet or is that later this month?
My Blu-ray ships from Amazon within 49 days.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Knowing their history with PC ports, I don't think playing this on PC will fix much if anything, but I really feel like this game needs a good 10 GB patch down the line to fix what look like some serious issues. Both the performance and graphics are off, and you can tell their removed a lot of detail to keep the performance above water. :/

ufarn
May 30, 2009
A FFXV with a stable 30 FPS and non-knee-capped graphics is looking like a Canadian girlfriend.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Good in cold weather? Fluent in French?

Is this an American English idiom that us foolish Brits don't get?
It's an American thing.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Terper posted:

Kingsglaive is now out digitally! Now everyone an enjoy a great movie a pretty ok 2-hour intro cutscene to a game!

https://itunes.apple.com/se/movie/kingsglaive-final-fantasy-xv/id1117616615?mt=6&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
What the gently caress, it's over a month until it's out on Blu-ray. Guess they prefer the higher profit margin?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Better to watch it with English or Japanese voice-over? Doesn't look like Japanese is even available for the iTunes version - even though I'm waiting for it on Blu-ray.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Being told they had to postpone the Blu-ray release because they caught a bug before it went gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It feels kinda weird for me that we've only seen the same two locations for a game that's probably gonna take 15 hours or more to complete. Surely they must have other ways to showcase the game and graphics/performance?

• Locked thread