Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Shinjobi posted:

I just don't see how this game can live up to a decade of hype.

10 years of hype? It was more like 1 year of hype, 8 years of "meh, it's probably vaporware by now and who wants another game in the FF13 subseries anyway?" followed by a current 1 year of hype again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You get to explore a gigantic world, fight enormous monsters and pilot big robots. What's not to like?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Terper posted:

Sibling special! Iris is Gladio's little sister, introduced in Brotherhood (though first seen during the Reclaim Your Throne trailer), and will be cruising along with you at times.

Second is Ravus, Luna's older brother. Seems like a charming fellow.

Also, dialogue wheel.

Jesse Eisenberg as Sephiroth.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They should have done a Fathom event thing so it could show at more than 5 theaters

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

The people who don't have internet or good internet for that matter, are also not playing video games and don't care, so the no internet argument doesn't hold up.

I mean, if they don't have fast enough internet, can we even really call them human?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is anyone else having a problem with Youtube uploads from the PS4 version? I tried other games and they work fine.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Deified Data posted:

Re: "Engage the Empire"

let me get this straight...

Let me just camp at the conveniently close Haven before I infiltrate the base. Oh? I need to go back to camp and camp again to advance the quest? Hmm.

The enemy is far too strong to attack head on! Let's infiltrate...and massacre the entire base anyway? Alright.

Ramuh deigns to assist me! Press L2. Hold L2. Press L2. Hold L2 even longer. He finally appears when my party is wiped and Noctis is near death. Was that scripted that way? How do summons work?

Really bad quest overall.

You have to hold L2 for like 5 uninterrupted seconds for it to go off. There's no communication to the player about this fact and the UI doesn't change to acknowledge you pressing L2 or anything. I had to pause the game and look it up to make sure my L2 button hadn't died.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Where do you get/buy the shards to color your car? I'm level 50 in chapter 8 and still waiting to change the car from blue to something else.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Does leaving a dungeon reset all the enemy spawns?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't think so. I left Costlemark Tower because the blocks had glitched and weren't letting me move them and when I came back I just had to sprint through.

Costlemark was the one I was on, so that's good to know.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ok so what's the trick to getting the car coloring material? I thought it was from the mining points on the map but all those are giving me is Gold, silver and prismatic.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I just beat the game, and the ending was pretty good. Can't imagine just how impactful it would have been had the story gotten the much needed development and fleshing out that it wanted and needed.

So was that supposed to be Noct and Luna able to be together in the afterlife or an alternate timeline or what? I didn't really get that part.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 14, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzZoyzGIQc

So what the hell happened here?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Has anyone figured out a way to get up on those huge natural stone arches or do they all have invisible walls around the base in addition to the in-game fences?

Not really invisible, but the ledges and slopes are too much for you to get up on. It sucks.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Did the carnival update release yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

What the hell does Pro Lite mean?