Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
well poo poo after being out of the FF world since IX (tried X wasn't my thing)

I just went from zero to super fuckin hype at that environment trailer. like holy poo poo. it really looks like the ten years went towards building content rather than entirely being total project scrap/rebuilds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MrLonghair posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/
“The entire game structure for Final Fantasy XV consists of both open-world and linear parts,” said Tabata. “The first half keeps going as an open-world, but the story in the second half’s is led by a linear path. That way, you won’t get bored of an open-world as the rest of the game gets tightened up, so we made it in a way that you’ll also get to advance through it as you have in conventional Final Fantasy games. If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours.”

Yay, hopefully. I feel better reading that it does gain structure.

that structure sounds amazing and is literally what I've wanted from an open world game, word for word, since the genre was popularized

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ahah, that moment when a level 36 iron giant coming out of the ground for the first time in your game coincides with the first appearance of dropship magitek soldiers. ran like gently caress, watched the carnage from a distance. good stuff.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
what drives the finesse score? I tend to get higher on it when I thought I did poorly in the fight - like that time I needed to use like ten potions on noctis cause I kept getting my face kicked in

Deified Data posted:

Is this an option in the NA version of the game?

hai

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

im gonna switch to japanese voices so i can enjoy cidney without her overdone southern drawl

not as bad as the 1920s newsie guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the bosses in this are weird so far, between the effete white haired dude in the mech (did that dude just die btw? loving lol) and deadeye.

they just essentially have a shitload of health and seem really difficult unless you zap/flame them respectively and then they're a joke. the mech dude I cast one thunder at him and he was staggered for a solid minute while I whacked at his legs until he died. deadeye I tried to do the whole hit barrel with fire thing which was completely useless and difficult, ran out of fire spells, and had difficulty until I switched to ignis' reinforce ability and started doing 2k per greatsword swing and chumped him in 5 seconds flat

I get that there's supposed to be a puzzle element to FF bosses but so far this seems like a whole game of 'case revive on the zombie boss to kill him!!!' which is hilarious once but not exactly engaging gameplay

• Locked thread