Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A year ago I laughed at the idea of wanting to play this game, really wanted nothing to do with it. Now that it is almost finally out after being in development for a decade, I really can't wait to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was remembering this morning how hyped I was for Final Fantasy XIII and then I was disappointed by that. Also where is Final Fantasy XII-HD? :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's weird to me to see new content DLC in a single player Final Fantasy game, but I am all for it if I end up enjoying this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving delays, guys. :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo 5's November release in 2010 was delayed a week before its launch. People even got copies of the game before that delay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hate that all of the enemies seem to be giant health sponges.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is that Final Fantasy XV movie out yet or is that later this month?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The patch is most likely a smoke and mirrors excuse. The game just straight up is not ready to be played yet and needs additional time. I'm gonna hold off on buying FFXV, as in won't pre-order. The gameplay videos just are not impressing me, everything looks like a health sponge with battles that go on for too long, the driving looks tedious and annoying, and the performance issues from the demo included with Type-0 HD have me worried. Ideally the performance issues won't be there in the final release but that is what holding off on pre-ordering is for to make sure.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The people who don't have internet or good internet for that matter, are also not playing video games and don't care, so the no internet argument doesn't hold up.

I just finished watching Kingsglaive and it was a cool Final Fantasy movie, but loaded with a lot of pacing issues and weird editing. A monster from Final Fantasy VI makes a cameo and it's the best part of the film speaking as a life long Final Fantasy fan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ultros showing up in Kingsglaive was the only redeeming moment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Onmi posted:

So, pretty obvious, but XV showed up for the Playstation Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMiSaKqi7Bc&t=52s

Only for a few seconds, but it still looked really nice.

So this answers the frame rate and performance questions. The Pro is going to be required to play FFXV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No

Sony isn't allowing developers to only develop for the higher end system.

That's not what I am saying. The regular PS4 version is going to suck balls. This official reveal of the Pro all but confirms that FFXV was delayed in order to work with the Pro hardware and performance and load times on the regular PS4 is going to be terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

i said come in! is the only one saying that and he's an idiot, please do not consider him representative of any one group (besides idiots).

That would be most of this forum then???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We know for a fact that FFXV has a PS4Pro version, but we don't know what that entails. It can have one to three of the following: 4K, 1080p/60fps, or better graphics. The regular version is probably going to run like shitballs and have really bad load times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm going to wait still. I want to see if people actually like FFXV and how it will perform on the regular PlayStation 4.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 30, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It amazes/depresses me how graphically nitpicky people have become. :psyduck:

I just don't want FFXV to be ruined by poor performance and technical issues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can someone break down all of the different combat modes in FFXV? Supposedly the game gives players very different options of how to play, such as a turn-based mode? The marketing hasn't shown this at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My bad! I completely missed this. Will there be difficulty settings?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony has only talked about potential with the PS4 Pro, and we all know how potential tends to turn out. The only game with solid information is Horizon Zero Dawn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RatHat posted:

As long as regular PS4 has solid fps I'm fine even it's only 30. Not a big enough difference for me to upgrade yet.

The performance on the Judgement demo was really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Terper posted:

The demo on normal PS4

The demo on PS4 Pro

Look at the ground.

That is a significant difference across the board. So glad I am upgrading.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RCarr posted:

Can someone explain to a layman how to download this Japan demo? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I can't help you with the registration part, which I am assuming you need an explanation of. :( But once you're in the store, just use the search option and type in Judgement Disc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll pre-order once digital can preload.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shoren posted:

Digital preorders can preload on both PS4 and Xbone.

You can preload FFXV right now I mean?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Digital Foundry has a 4K look up of FFXV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0_5fF0WaM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shoren posted:

I can't speak for Xbone, but on PS4 the game will start to download 3 days prior to release. So I guess if you know you'll be somewhere with a dodgy internet connection on the 26th through the 29th then it might be better to go with a physical copy.

It's always a dodgy internet connection on PSN. :P But yeah, someone already said preload is going right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XV comes out and then The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relin posted:

it's a warning to save disappointment. like telling someone xbcx ends on a cliffhanger, and will probably not get a sequel. and if you already read those spoilers, well, you've already been spoiled aintcha

It's just an anime video game, don't think about it too much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FFXV won't be on sale unless it's by accident. $60 is the best you're going to do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Digital version on PSN will be available at 9pm pacific on Monday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The digital version won't be available for download until midnight Tuesday apparently. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XV is about a cute boy band going on a road trip. The story will be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Avalanche posted:

Pre-ordered this loving game for Xbox because it apparently has a really decent HDR mode and I want to see what HDR looks like on my TV, it was $11 off on amazon prime with release day shipping, and I am a loving sucker for Final Fantasy games even in my advanced age of the early 30s.

It only has HDR on the PS4 Pro version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

24 hours remain in this 10 year long wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first review somehow never played Final Fantasy and played it on Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The patch just downloads on its own. I already have it downloaded and ready to go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I've never gotten anything release day from Amazon. I just assumed it was a myth.

I use to get games on release day from Amazon back in the day before every game had a digital version. Now I just buy digitally.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 28, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FFXV looks really beautiful on the PlayStation 4 Pro. I've only played for an hour in a half so far but I have work tomorrow so I need to go to bed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Digital Foundry says it's fine on regular PS4 and Pro on lite mode. Small issue with frame pacing on high quality mode the Pro. Most won't probably notice it.

https://youtu.be/nANRQ-NGPZQ

The high quality mode on Pro is absolutely worth it. Neither the Youtube videos or screenshots show off just how big of a difference there is.

• Locked thread