Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Megasabin posted:

This is disappointing and probably an ominous sign about the quality of the game.

Yeah puts a little strength towards one of the 4chan "leakers".

I don't care that much about the delay in the end, happy to get a (more finished) game to kill time with over holiday season up here where winters barely give any sun, at least it's not bad arm joints in the $250 edition figure delaying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
FF13 was a long bastard of a corridor (that I quickly came to skip fights in) but I loved it my first time through, it had quality presentation, combat and really great graphics for its time, so that gameplay video and what it makes the game's first three chapters look like didn't look hot or even warm, but I'll find out on my own. 104 days hahahahaaaa..

Tae posted:

They really downplayed the poo poo out of emotions by whoever directed the voice acting.

Really needed the 1930's gangster voice on that one NPC. If it's dual-language I'll be happy.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Koobes posted:

I hope they figure out the frame pacing issue before launch. You can see some stuttering in that video :(

Optimization passes used to be the last thing done on a game, this generation they're post-release matters :v:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I hope swimsuit DLC comes with the photo mode patch then. It makes awkward cutscenes so much better.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/
“The entire game structure for Final Fantasy XV consists of both open-world and linear parts,” said Tabata. “The first half keeps going as an open-world, but the story in the second half’s is led by a linear path. That way, you won’t get bored of an open-world as the rest of the game gets tightened up, so we made it in a way that you’ll also get to advance through it as you have in conventional Final Fantasy games. If you play through the first half and only the main route of the second half, I believe the estimated play-time sits at around 40 to 50 hours.”

Yay, hopefully. I feel better reading that it does gain structure.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Online multiplayer DLC.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Surely there'll be an English language equivalent but if you want there's a 12.5 gig demo of the first 90-120 minutes Japanese version right here https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/final-fantasy-xv-judgment-disc/cid=JP0082-CUSA07048_00-FINALFANTASYXVTR (open in a private browser window so it won't confuse with your cookies and throw an error, if you have a JP account and want to register and download that way)

(Saves will not transfer)

e: first menu asks TV speakers or home theatre for audio, second just tells you to watch for save icons. On trying to start a new game it asks if you want to do the tutorial, default is yes, second answer is no. No changing of language in subtitles or nothing. Looks and plays SO much better than Platinum and Duscae. First choice in tutorial menus = continue tutorial. You'll know when the last stage is.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 11, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I quickly figured out the combat, but to really get moments of mastery (including strategical use of combined magic) took hours. This game will at the very least have combat that rocks and oh my god the delicious food modelling :3:
16 days

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

So if I'm great at DMC/Bayonetta/MGR:R, will any of those skills translate over at all? I have no demo access

I think yes. You can play combat so hard and actively your hands get tired or take it nice and easy with less adrenaline but still achieve results, just a tad slower.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The more I just play the combat, the more convinced I get toward buying a digital copy rather than a regular physical, which I do for games I think I'll end up selling. This is GOOD.

Taking care of a Monster Hunt I dropped down for a stab from a cliff and it worked the way I wanted, sounded and looked the way I wanted. The way the guys work together is perfect. A game that regularly makes me feel all smiles is a good game.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 12, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The way discs work for consoles now it's about saving monthly bandwidth VS eradicating drive noise.

And inevitably watching assholes get copies early.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 14, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nina posted:

Any idea where you can find other weapon types than the ones the default weapons merchant sells in the demo? I saw a video of Prompto equipped with Machinery but I haven't run into any myself

I wonder this myself. Gotta look for a completed map to prepare ahead of time, didn't catch much, or any useful treasure following he border on foot. Weird to not have treasure chests. (also lost track of the cavern where you get an illusionary minecart sent your way but I did find other dark spots and one inaccessible)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Terper posted:

Hey those two funny Eurogamer people are back with another hour of FFXV!!

That helped get me more pumped for the final product and then I realized I was only 18 minutes in :wtf:

e: oh my god 36:55 BEST CHARACTER
e: OH GOD CHOCOBOS

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Vitamin P posted:

Is Ignis having a cigarette?

Edit - I'm playing the japanese demo is there a way to change their clothes? I want to play dress up barbie.

Third choice on the main menu then the bottom option of key items, [OFF] is the outfit with an item taken off, usually a jacket

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

If you want to save $60 play the Platinum demo cause you aren't gonna want to buy the game after that.

Platinum demo is just techdemo#2 and feeling+looking like two piles of poo poo. Judgment demo is kickass.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Someone's handy little thing

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nina posted:

Somehow Bio Blaster seems to do nothing when I equip Noctis with it but Prompto can use it just fine. What's up with that

Hit triangle (when standing still?) to spray

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nina posted:

Oh huh. Still weird that if I try to use the regular attack button Noctis just summons the weapon for a split second and puts it away immediately

It's not a combat-opener as far as I can see, you gotta get close to a target to get more than summon-desummon, can boop the notGiraffes into confusion that way without engaging battle

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

One fake spoiler that got thrown around with Dark Souls 3 (three weeks from Japan to the rest of the world got it) was that Gwyn was the last boss so consider things you hear to be fake.

(from official sources) News Monday about DLC and things and new shots, like when you have Iris as a guest character and you block, she..

:3::3::3: this game

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 18, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Some of the new official data showed swimsuits of the competition kind so I wouldn't put Cindy style outfits past them. I better practice playing Judgment through PSVR so I can really dedicate two senses to it for the day it arrives.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Going by Eurogamer you simply rent chocobos starting in Duscae for five days, whistle to get it and it's super neat I want to ride my chocobo all day ♪

e: and in none of the review/media copies of the full finished game have I seen anybody getting a chocobo until Duscae, maybe a later in the game deal? Those fuller-than-ours copies of the game had more life in the area too, no Courl at night at this one spot for example.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 18, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Even though 12 and 13 were disappoint ing for me, I'm still excited for 15 and I'm not going into it with unrealistic expectations. There are few Jrpgs games that have a grand, expensive production. Its gotten to the point where my choices of great Jrpgs has gotten slim. Tales of Zesteria I didn't like, mainly cause the equipment system was way too convoluted for me. All besides FF that's left for me is Persona, and Hyperdimension. (I know its garbage but I like the universe.)

I'm a item hoarder but Ill have no problem lobbing firebombs at goblins and blowing through my magic stock.

Get a $20 PSTV if you find one and check out Trails of Cold Steel 1 then the sequel(s) if it feels nice. That revived my love for the genre, it's pure Falcom greatness by the masters. (The reviews are whiny about non-issues, the actual issue that goes ignored is the voice actress of one minor character but it can all be stomached)

e: oh yeah and Atelier Ayesha is my fave of the entire Atelier series, they nailed everything in it, felt nothing from the sequels, framerates are the best in Ayesha PS3 compared to the other Ateliers too, a little lower on PSTV/Vita but still very doable, great music, combat. Pales in comparison to ToCS. Expect 25-35 hours Ayesha and if you do all the missions you are presented with in ToCS, over 60 hours, but without any padding or playtime-lengthening horrors that don't belong.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 19, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I think I'll play as usual, rent chocobos from Duscae, then go back and use them to clear up stuff in the first zone until feeling satisfied. I wanna bulk up unless there's an NG+ that will want me to do that sort of grind.

DrakePegasus posted:

Every Final Fantasy is different. No two Final Fantasies are not the worst.

Hold my Gysahl Green Beer and watch this

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 20, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The game does not auto-save.
The full game that is. Some streamer rage-quit on finding that out, he was late chapter 2, died, got back at the start of the chapter.

e: Odd. I don't remember the demo auto-saving because I'm used to doing it manually, but it's best to run manual saves always. Now I'll stop peeking into the ff15 spoiler thread on gaf. Let's only go black bars when the real release is here.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 20, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Final trailer extended cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zO5UGNo07c
A good bit of new cool as hell footage

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Doing Judgment again; the game autosaves after big things yes, but by modern standards consider it something that doesn't autosave. Make a post-it note and prevent sadness.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'd go gayer for Gladio.

Some IGN stream is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnG9BRzHzA including a size comparisons of most of what's been shown off already

I say "shown off already" because I think we should be well past the age of recolours outside of cases where it makes sense, like slimes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Same as always, reviewcampers chickenhat rushed through Phantom Pain in 35 hours, people online lost their poo poo, then the real deal came and many of us did 30 hours before even leaving Afghanistan.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I think I remember interviews with the developers where they said there would be a way to limit your exp? Like an option or ability? Any early players come across that?

I don't want to power level while I'm taking my time exploring and I kinda feel like treating it Dark Souls style. Pump my levels up by 1 or 2 every now and then. Keep it challenging.

You can avoid resting, ever, unless forced to by the game. At the start of Judgment you topped out at 999 rest EXP that were to be accumulated upon resting. You can SL1 it I'm quite sure.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Patchnote in detail included this line:

You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.

The game is now significantly better than before.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I also watched it, and I just want to finish the game to see if it can be considered properly optional or not. I'm okay with games where you launch into evolved/progressed situations like FF15/Minesweeper.exe

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

How is the auto-save system working out for you? Worth continuing with the good habit of saving manually, for those of us who like to explore and get the most out of an area before moving on?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Those are no pricing errors, they are all done on purpose and it's not the first time MS etc do it. PS4 version FF15 preorders were in the top five and the Xbone one wasn't even on the list at Amazon eventually. They gave away Destiny XB1 to make a pretty NPD PR statement and that's my other suspicion. I'd be a bit grumpy had I already placed and paid for my preorder by the time that arose.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

At least there's no having to switch DVDs this time around.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Tons of monster variety (at least 15h in), and they're all super detailed and well animated.

Safe to say that they really limited what they showed publically, in demos and trailers? Because WOO YEAH if so.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I spend so much time with non-story stuff when it's good, that I end up running out of time in time limited games and get real depressing endings. EAT poo poo GUST.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

You read that. I read "the game took inspiration from american made games when it comes to open world storytelling".

e: turns out I read right

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What if you ignore every red-pinkish treasure pickup you see and then in the final area..

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Most likely going to be new outfits to find in the DLC packages. They all dive deeper into per-character stories, if they get received/previewed well I'll get that season pass when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Konami was drat sure it was going to stop making video games after mgs5

And then came gorgeous beautiful amazing looking MGS3 in Fox Engine
FOR PACHISLOT
Low effort as hell pachislot by Japanese standards too!

• Locked thread