Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Sanzuo posted:

Is this going to be on PC?

Signs point to yes and after release on consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

AlphaKretin posted:

I posted these in the megathread because I was reminded there that I wanted to make them but they belong here too

He's not wrong. Lettuce on a burger is terrible.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Only if you don't have mayonaisse or somethin' dress that poo poo up

bloodychill posted:

I like lettuce, it adds crunch and moisture. I'm all about the classic cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, and relish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QlYztb5Mw&t=307s

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Amiibo did it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hironobu Sakaguchi to show up on a FFXV stream hosted by Famitsu next week with Tabata. That's a little bit neat, the old and new together.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/08/final-fantasy-xv-live-stream-featuring-tabata-sakaguchi-held-april-14/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCm8UrCaLaM

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

But Ignis, I'm already a Diabolos...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

After watching the 53 minute vid it certainly looks like a video game. Nice to see they took the feedback from the Episode Duscae demo to heart and keep reiterating after the Platinum Demo. I'm looking forward to it again despite the delay.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

If the stats are good, I'll wear whatever you want me to.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Alder posted:

Emperor's New Outfit

Sign me up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nina posted:

Realizing the boys have the exact same dynamic as the ninja turtles and finding out Prompto's VA has been Michelangelo before is messing me up.

You fucker. Now I'm seeing it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Between the Polygon and Eurogamer first hour vids. I enjoyed the Eurogamer one the most. Aoife and Chris were totally into it the entire time and had a fun time with it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tae posted:

I finally started watching the euro gamer one, when did they change how to do parry?

After Episode Duscae and the immense beta player feedback. I don't think it made it in to the Platinum Demo though if I recall correctly.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Just got an email from Amazon this morning about it. Color me....semi-interested?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

I've been waiting to see where to pre-order from, and that's probably the best bet. Plus I think you get a 20% discount when pre-ordering if you have Amazon prime?

Yes, for preorder and until 2 weeks after release you'll receive a 20% discount if you're a Prime member.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Are people cancelling the preorder just for the Amazon DLC or something?

It's just that easy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Terper posted:

They talked about the Pro in a Japanese ATR

They're aiming for 1080p 60 fps. :stare:

e: But it will most likely fall around 40-50.

And still, tonight's upgrade has been justified. :shepicide:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RCarr posted:

Can someone explain to a layman how to download this Japan demo? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtCLfgjSvU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Have they confirmed anything for a PC release beyond "we're considering it"?

They are still considering it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

This is coming out for PC eventually right?

They are still considering it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Barudak posted:

Yes. Like it's preloaded on my system right now. I assume their will be a massive day one patch but it's preloaded

Weird, they said there wasn't going to be one which is why it was delayed again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Final Fantasy 15 hours. Try that one on for size.

It's going to take me 15 hours to size up my boys in their best clothes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I have not been keeping up with this game at all and, in fact, only purchased a PS4 on Friday. What is the required reading/watching for this game because I know there's apparently a movie and anime or something, I know nothing about anything

Not required to watch Brotherhood or Kingsglaive. Don't worry about it. Just play.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So my amazon order still says it's going to "ship today", and hasn't changed at all all day. I'm assuming it probably WONT get to me tomorrow and if I want to play it tomorrow I should go a different route?

You're probably really close to a warehouse. My games always ship late at night but they still show up in my patio before I head to work at noon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I now have no regrets over pre-ordering this game.

Wrong dog however. The one in the picture is a wild pup found on the side of the road. It does however remind Prompto of the dog mentioned in the spoiler in the same Brotherhood episode.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

Wait is Kingsglaive just happening in cutscene form?

Yes, they cut scenes from the movie and put it in the game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Was anyone who preorded via amazon able to get their DLC codes for the Mage Mashers etc. from the road trip promo? I saw that the Redeem DLC button is now active, and hit it, but nothing's popped up in my email inbox for 20 minutes, and I can't re-send the email because the website won't allow it. They're not in spam, either.

Levantine posted:

I was just wondering the same thing. My Redeem button is greyed out and I have a message indicating the code was sent to my email, but it was not.

Same. I hit the redeem button about an hour ago and still nothing. I'm guessing they'll just blast these out in waves in the morning.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Road Trip DLC codes showed up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

free hubcaps posted:

fwiw I got my amazon dlc code via email out of the blue a few weeks ago, maybe it's buried in your inbox?

Different code, that code you're talking about lets you do the Road Trip DLC stuff to begin with. You complete the stuff there and you get 3 more codes for weapons and other stuff.

Edit:

Levantine posted:

Yeah, just got mine. PSN is erroring out when I try to redeem the third though. Oh well, I can't play til tonight so it hardly matters.

Yeah the third code just shits out an error in the web store. Works fine on the PS4 itself however.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 29, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Skeezy posted:

So how's the frame rate on the regular PS4? It wasn't so hot in the demos but I'm assuming it's more stable now? Not expecting 60 or anything tbh.

Digital Foundry says it's fine on regular PS4 and Pro on lite mode. Small issue with frame pacing on high quality mode the Pro. Most won't probably notice it.

https://youtu.be/nANRQ-NGPZQ

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Honestly I can't see the frame pacing issue or whatever.

Pretty much why I said most won't notice it. If you can't see it, go high quality mode. You really have to look for it to notice I suppose which is what DF does exhaustively.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, they e-mailed it to me at like 2 AM this morning.

But seriously, has anyone not gotten their road trip e-mail after like 9 hours yet? This is getting kinda stupid.

Contact Square's support, there's a link on the Road Trip page.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Amazon Chat Transcript posted:

Initial Question: Hello I received my preorder for Final Fantasy XV and was looking at my invoice and it appears I was charged for $50.99 instead of the Prime price of $47.99. I would like an adjustment please.

10:33 PM PST Japhet(Amazon): Hello, my name is Japhet. I'm here to help you today.
10:33 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Hello Japhet.
10:33 PM PST Japhet: Thank you for being a Prime member.
I am sorry that you have been charged incorrectly for your pre-order game. \
10:34 PM PST Japhet: Just to confirm, you want to get a price match for the correct amount, right?
10:34 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Yes, correct.
10:35 PM PST Japhet: Oh I see. May I ask for the order number, please?
10:35 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Sure, it's xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx
10:35 PM PST Japhet: Thank you so much, 8-bit.
10:36 PM PST Japhet: Upon checking here, I can see that the Prime Saving special offer for this item has not been applied.
10:37 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Yes, that is the reason for this chat.
10:38 PM PST Japhet: To correct this, I will send a form to our Marketing and Promotions Team to honor the 20% discount you are supposed to get.
10:38 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: OK
10:38 PM PST Japhet: Since the amount of the item is $50.99, the discounted price must be $40.79.
I will send a request to process a refund for the missing $10.19 you could have saved.
10:39 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Sounds good.
10:39 PM PST Japhet: Great! Please allow me a minute to process it for you.
10:41 PM PST Japhet: There you go! I have submitted the form.
10:42 PM PST Japhet: You can expect the response from the Marketing and Promotions Team within 1-2 business days to inform you about the refund for the discount you are supposed to get.
10:42 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Alright, not a problem.
10:43 PM PST Japhet: Thank you so much, 8-bit. I hope I was able to resolve your concern for today.
10:43 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Very much, yes!
10:43 PM PST Japhet: That's great! Cheers! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with today.
10:44 PM PST 8-bit Miniboss: Nope, that was all.
10:44 PM PST Japhet: I'm glad you have given me the chance to help you today.

Sure, I'll take an extra 8 bucks back. :mmmhmm:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Oh, regarding the Road Trip DLC stuff that's not the weapons. They're key items. It's 50% off coupons for gas and lodgings (dunno if they're one time use) and a better camera for Prompto from what I can tell.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I bet the Crispy Cheese Pizza is also part of the Road Trip DLC, the buffs are really good for no ingredients.

100+ Attack
Infinite Stamina
Poison Immunity

For nothing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Of course camping is mostly favorable but lodgings shouldn't be totally ignored on account of XP modifiers. Even the basic motel in Longwythe gives 1.5x.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Had a good time with my first few hours of the game. Type B controls feel way more better than A, I may poke at Type C later. I definitely see myself dumping many hours in this game.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/803920900374437888

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like I'm just not 'getting' the combat. Having to hold R1 to lock on (why is this not a toggle?) while holding circle and then having my hands on square to hold to dodge is really...odd. And if I don't have lock on i end up warping all over the joint not really doing much.

ImpAtom posted:

Click R3 to force the lock-on to remain locked on without holding the button.

Also consider using an alternate control scheme. Type A seems real weak. I'm currently using Type B and it's superior in my opinion.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there a game comparison one could make for each of the control types? Like, one feels like The Witcher, one is like Dark Souls, one is like a Platinum game...

Not off the top of my head. I just looked at all the control schemes since they're all shown to you in the options menu and visualized where my hands would be most of the time during a battle. Then I popped into training and see how it felt. It was like 5 minutes of messing around really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RatHat posted:

The recipes that require no ingredients are hilariously lazy. Just a piece of toast, that's it.

You want decent buffs? You gotta get ingredients (or the Road Trip DLC Gourmand Set for the Crispy Cheese Pizza for 100+ Attack, unlimited stamina and poison immunity for no ingredients).

• Locked thread