Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So either this demo is awful at showing what the combat is actually like, or they've dumbed down the combat significantly since Episode Duscae. Hope it's the former! If I hadn't played the other demo then I don't think this one would have made me very interested in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

loving yes. Wind Waker was improved a million times by selfies and it was an amazing game to start with. If XV has Prompto selfies that I can actually upload places I will lose my poo poo.

Only if you can select from multiple silly facial expressions like you can in Wind Waker

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Onmi posted:

I do like that they seem to have found the nice balance between "Open world do anything!" and "We're still telling a linear story here."

Yeah I was happy to hear that part, especially after being disappointed with the "here's a huge world to explore, hope you didn't expect a story in your JRPG" that was Xenoblade Chronicles X

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Die Sexmonster! posted:

There are no hoops. You create the account right on your PS4 and click a link in an email.

Here's how to create a Japanese PSN ID in 60 seconds - if you don't have time to make one, you don't have time to play the demo.

https://youtu.be/MUiLEZeIprs

I made one back in the PS3 days but I no longer remember the login details, any idea how I can retrieve those? I tried going to the JP website to look for a "lost my password" option, but clicking the login link there just redirects me back to the UK site

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I'm just hoping it isn't like Xenoblade X, where you can go a few dozen hours between any story stuff happening, and then when it does it's forgettable garbage

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

It feels like an evolution of XII, although I think that game did a more able job of delivering a story.

Um :stare:

Wow, as someone who's never been able to get past Bhujerba before quitting out of boredom, that's done more to put me off than anything else I've seen.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

It's actually like the opposite of grind, because I'm easily 2x the suggested level for the next story quest just from doing side content naturally.

If someone wanted to avoid being overlevelled, would they be missing out on a lot by skipping side content?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I just hit chapter 2 and now apparently the game has decided it doesn't want me to have fun anymore. Any time I try to do anything, anything at all, a dozen level 16 guys (I'm level 11) drop out of the sky directly onto my head and kill the poo poo out of me. If I manage to escape alive, I find myself unable to do the sidequest I wanted to do or pick up the treasure I wanted or even just fight whatever random enemies I ran into, because these assholes just stay there. This is seriously making me want to not play anymore because I just can't do anything.

Please tell me that if I progress in the story a little more this will stop happening. It can't be like this for the rest of the game, right?

And yeah I know I can kill them with magic, but the amount of restocking I'd have to do for how often this happens, it doesn't seem practical.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can't recall them ever ruining a hunt or sidequest with their spawning. I've always had them spawn as I was running to places, never at my destination.

Your experience seems to be the opposite of mine then, because when I say they drop on me any time I try to do anything, I am not exaggerating in any way. Everything I've tried to do in the past two hours or so I've had to abandon because of this, it's making me feel like the game is just plain broken.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I'm trying out the carnival, and so far I've found two "find X number of these objects" quests (with no search area on the map for either), and a "remember customers' orders and bring them the right things within a time limit" quest.

Did they put anything actually enjoyable in this carnival or should I just turn it off now?

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

March 28
Chapter 13 – Enhancements to the final stages of the game, including Chapter 13.

I stopped playing a few weeks ago to wait for this, so it sucks that it's still going to be another two months. By then I'll be deep into Breath of the Wild and looking forward to Persona 5 and Nier Automata, hope I can still find time to come back and finish this.

• Locked thread