Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Gologle posted:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I really wish the FFXV main bros didn't already have tons of people looking too hard into their relationships with one another. As someone who can still remember vividly and fondly the memory of when I went on a camping trip with two of my friends and one of their girlfriend's several years back I feel like I know exactly what Tabata is trying to get across with the roadtrip feel, like a band of brother's type deal, but you see people's reactions on the Internet and it's always "this poo poo's gay" or "gettin' a real homoerotic vibe from this" or "OMG i hope tehy hook up XD".

It's the Kingdom Hearts fandom all over again.

This part is true. It's like people never went on trips with their friends. I'm 30 years old and still set aside time maybe twice a year to go on short road trips with my good friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Terper posted:

Whatever you say.... Fingers McLongDong!

Hey listen a friend picked this username for me and

gently caress

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
It's still weird to me that this game is actually coming out next month. I rarely buy new games any more and hardly use my ps4 for games these days, but I'm legit excited about this coming out. Might actually grab a midnight copy, last time I did that was... FFXII maybe?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Unless it's a setting like in Persona games where age is relevant to setting, I ignore the "official" ages on a lot of jrpgs. I used to not notice but I'm 30 now and there's no way Ignis is 22 or whatever.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing the side scrolling prequel game still isn't coming out until the full game is? I just assumed it would be a code for a download you get a game stop when you pick up the game.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha are they really going to have a boss that takes 3 real-life days to beat? Kojima would be proud.

Probably a Yiazmat type deal. The size and design of the adamantoise is awesome though, hadn't seen that yet.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
When does the Vesperpool area get unlocked? I have several quests locked in there.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
It's too bad they made something visually pretty like Altissia and then made it a terrible loving maze to navigate.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Renoistic posted:

This is second-hand info but I've heard the ring needed to charge for 10 years inside the crystal to be at its strongest, which Ardyn wanted. I have no idea why Noctis needed to be attached to it, though. But that's the reason Ardyn took his powers away, I think.

People have started to find glitches that allow you to explore the fenced off areas in Niflheim, and boy there is a LOT of cut assets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dms58hFsz74

I was under the impression that Noctis was a specific prophesied individual. He was specifically destined to be the King of Kings and Ardyn had been waiting on him to come around.

I'm glad the game finally got made but I wish they'd had another year to work on it. What we got was a flawed but good game with very obvious cuts to content and story pacing. The world we got was beautiful enough to get me to not fast travel every time, monster designs were cool and fun to read about the design of online. If the rest of story had been as finished up as chapter 14 then it would've been amazing, the game definitely has one of the best final chapters/endings of any FF. Wish that potential had been all through the game.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there even any story based dlc known after episode Ignis drops? I've been waiting for all the story dlc to finish before I play the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
SE put out a youtube vid saying that FFXV pocket edition is available now, but it only shows as pre-register for me. Apparently some people were able to download it but it showed not compatible, might be a timed release issue so it may work later today. Going to be funny if the main story is told cleaner on the mobile chibi version of the game, it's supposedly being released in 10 chapters.

• Locked thread