Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This is interesting because I didn't know national teams paid the players at all. You should play for your country for free and let FIFA hand out prizes for doing well if they desperately need money.

The women's game is fundamentally different than the mens game in terms of national teams, at least in the US it seems. Really they should just bring down the mens salaries if they want everything to be equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

So corrupt federation heads should just get all the ad money and ticket revenue while the players play for free?

I hadn't thought of this, ideally the clubs should get paid for getting their players taken away, and they can do what they want with the money, such as pay the player a bonus or spend it on hookers and cocaine for the president.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

jyrka posted:

That is what happens - in UEFA when a player get called up for a qualifying match, their club gets something like 5k. Sometimes it's in the player's contract that he'll get all of it, sometimes the club will get it all. And usually there is some sort of an agreement between the FA and the players to share prize money.

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly but I kind of remember the Estonian FA president bragging about how Estonia is the only team in Europe where the players don't get paid by the federation.

I've learned many things today. Thanks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think Palermo or one of the other southern teams attempted to sign a woman defender from Germany once but nothing came of it. I wish I could find a link because the president kept asking "why not?" And nobody could give him a straight answer.

I also have a question, if the women's team generated 17 million for the ussf, why weren't they given a piece of that? That actually does seem unfair seeing that the men generated a loss and still got paid. Like shrap said, did the money get put in to the NWSL?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ephex posted:

If I correctly remember the events that happened in Cologne on new years eve, then there are no women defenders in Germany.

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Anyone know how much the players in the women's premier league get paid? Just because a league exists doesn't mean it's any good, which could explain the ridiculous pay in the NWSL.

• Locked thread