Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Gigi Galli posted:

I hadn't thought of this, ideally the clubs should get paid for getting their players taken away, and they can do what they want with the money, such as pay the player a bonus or spend it on hookers and cocaine for the president.

That is what happens - in UEFA when a player get called up for a qualifying match, their club gets something like 5k. Sometimes it's in the player's contract that he'll get all of it, sometimes the club will get it all. And usually there is some sort of an agreement between the FA and the players to share prize money.

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly but I kind of remember the Estonian FA president bragging about how Estonia is the only team in Europe where the players don't get paid by the federation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Fansy posted:

anyone know where I can find a bunch of white male opinions on this news story

Haha "white male". Classic joke there!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

ronniegardocki posted:

what difference does it make, ten years from now the WWC will be played entirely by bruce jenners anyway

Yes, by beautiful strong women. What's wrong with that?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

ronniegardocki posted:

i'm pretty sure it already is

I don't think it is. I've never seen a female player on a team in a league pyramid. Yes, they aren't as good as nearly any adult man but at lower levels teams aren't necessarily put together based on merit. American "co-ed" poo poo doesn't count, I'm talking about teams that if they won promotion 8 years in a row, would play in, say, Serie A.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 1, 2016

• Locked thread