Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shelley
Nov 8, 2010

cash crab posted:

I got into an outstanding internet fight with this woman who insisted that this sort of packaging was essential for "accessibility reasons".

I've run into people making this argument before... about infomercials. (For that, the line is, "Those products are really designed for disabled people! Omg how dare you question the noble Slap Chop" or whatever.)

It's the weirdest loving thing, and I can't track it back to any actual facts at all. The closest I got was an unsourced tumblr post.

Thankfully it's not common, but every now and again I run across someone trying to one-up their opponent by claiming that "[product X] is intended for the disabled, you hateful bigot". And the people making that argument are rarely disabled themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

PubicMice posted:

This keeps coming up, so I gotta ask, is this really that unusual? Here in Alaska, literally every grocery store has a liquor department, even the Walmarts.

I'm not exactly well-traveled, but I never saw a Walmart that could sell booze until a couple years ago. Grocery stores in the places I've lived could carry beer at most.

• Locked thread