Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Someone else comment on one of my answers! I need another for today's Platinum Points!

EDIT: Thanks Kev!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fix posted:

Great app we have here.

That's the one problem with friending everybody off twitter...there's a much bigger pool of comments and whatnot that everyone has to dig through to hit anyone's in particular!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
For those grinding up platinum points, the Weekly challenges (like logging in to Miiverse and the eshop) rolled over today.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Unmature posted:

You can do those more than once?

Yeah; "visit eshop" "visit Miiverse", "visit my Nintendo homepage" and "visit Nintendo.com" are weekly

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alxprit posted:

What do you mean by "visit Nintendo.com"? I don't see that anywhere.

Its a hidden mission. If you visit Nintendo.com while logged in to your My Nintendo account, you get 20 or 30 platinum points

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sudden Javelin posted:

Might be US only. I don't think I'm getting anything from going to the UK site.

Check your Points history; there's not even a notification for it, your Platinum points just go up and an entry is put in the history for it. (Or, it may just be US)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

We are using this technology as intended.

Great minds think alike

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MisterAlex posted:

I've gotten kinda bored of Miitomo. There aren't new MiiDrop prizes frequently enough.

I just want there to be more missions beyond "visit websites once a week, answer questions once a day"

They should do more of the "everybody answers the same question" things, or have photo contests or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MisterAlex posted:

I just really want there to be more game to the thing. I get a bit bored of the questions (though some of y'all's answers are pretty funny), but MiiDrop actually provides a bit of fun. And the "platinum points" are really only good for more Miitomo stuff, right? I mean, aside from some ugly device skins? So I have to slog through this not-game to get points that help me keep slogging through the not-game. =\

Platinum Points currently can also net you Wario Ware Touched and the new Twilight Princess Picross

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Parasol Prophet posted:

For a game with such a big dress-up component, you'd think they would make it easier to actually dress up.

How much easier can they make giving them your credit card information in exchange for sweet sweet coins?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Slur posted:

15% off of games is a pitiable discount. Warioware is a game which is very easy to obtain for a low price. Zelda Picross looks is in its scope. Other free games are bought with gold coins which equate to $150-$200 games in non-backed up digital purchases...

There really is no point to My Nintendo.

What do you mean "non-backed up"? You can freely redownload anything associated with your NNID.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The current systems need better third party support for me to buy in at this point.

That's probably never going to happen with Nintendo systems. Just accept that Nintendo systems are only good for Nintendo games.

Basically, console wise, a Wii U plus either a Xbone or a PS4 (depending on which company's exclusives you prefer) is a perfect pairing. Good Nintendo stuff never comes to the other two, good stuff for the other two never comes to NIntendo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

~Coxy posted:

The 3DS and the WiiU are both huge pieces of poo poo

This is so wildly inaccurate that it hurts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've only missed one day of the daily stuff so far

• Locked thread