Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I want in on the action

https://twitter.com/SouthernORUni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Fawf posted:

I don't suppose anyone's found a way to spoof the face-to-face thing have they? Can't say I see myself getting that any time soon.

poo poo, that reminded me that I should redo my face with the bust from my Planet of the Apes set

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Silver Falcon posted:

You can pry my garlic bread from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

I went potato. I like garlic bread but for me, it's way more hit and miss than potato bread. Never had a bad slice of potato bread.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

I answered the flower question wrong because all I read was something about how many flowers do I see when I close my eyes blah blah blah i'm not reading the rest of this blah blah blah.

I keep wondering how much money Nintendo is making off selling our answers to third parties.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Housh posted:

I have been using some pretty foul language. Can Nintendo ban you?

It's Nintendo.

You can report comments, so yes.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Anaxite posted:

Wait... are style points not given by changing clothes, but by taking a Miifoto afterwards and also having people heart it? It seems like that's how there's such a weird progression.

Might be both but I know it's from putting on new clothes. That's all I've been doing.

I got the Wario game last night. I had it when it came out and remembered it was fun but holy poo poo, I don't remember having to sit through all these 5 minute unskippable cutscenes just to play. Nothing like getting bored and then going back to watching a movie while waiting for the game to spend a few minutes telling me a story I don't care about, just so I can play a 15 second game before having to put it down again for the next episode of the Wario story.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Wrist Watch posted:

Yeah, this. I didn't realize it until people posted about it just now but there's like actual games or coupons and other stuff you can buy with the platinum coins you get from this game.

Of course, as far as I can tell there's no way to know this unless you already knew Nintendo points were a thing before miitomo and made the connection that the coins you're earning that say "miitomo" on them are actually functionally equivalent to regular Nintendo platinum points so you knew to save them instead of spending them on miitomo stuff which is the only thing this app displays they're used for.

Duh.

https://my.nintendo.com/missions

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards

If you check the missions page, you get points for signing into the Nintendo eshop and miiverse, among other things. You might have points sitting out there to collect and not even know it.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

azurite posted:

Am i missing something? Looks like the gold coins are actually for games and the platinum points are for %15 off old games (which is not a lot of money). Not seeing the issue with spending your platinum on trivial Mii poo poo.

Go to the rewards site and click on any of those Mii clothing rewards and look at the cost. They're all platinum.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Wrist Watch posted:

I probably did at some point, but it turns out points expire six months after you first earn them so my account was empty. I did get the free 50 points for the "tutorial" mission they give you, and I already have like 500 from miitomo.

So basically it looks like if you've never done anything with Nintendo points before you can do all the easy linking accounts stuff and use miitomo for a week or so and get a free virtual console game out of it. I can't imagine grinding 1000 points from scratch using just miitomo and the other two "log into this service to get points!" options though, it'd probably take a solid two months to get a single virtual console game

Maybe a month and a half if you make sure to do the daily stuff. Faster if you have friends commenting and giving you hearts.

I think I'd rather save all my time and spend money on the games I could earn instead. I got my one game out of it so far. I'm happy with that.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What can I get points for with my computer?

Linking accounts, if you haven't already done so, and signing into miiverse once a week. You can make a steady 30 points a week without ever using the app.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Anaxite posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to! All the Miitomo missions have auto-collected the platinum coins on my phone. Or maybe it's phone-dependent?

You do need to use the website for some.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Anaxite posted:

Which ones?

I've tested missions a bit more. It seems like Miitomo missions won't necessarily auto-complete the moment you fulfil the conditions. However, the next time the app loads up, it tries to collect all missions you've completed. At least on Android.

I used the site for the miiverse and logging into the eshop weekly stuff but maybe those get picked up too?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

They'll end up throwing on a really good award later on to get everyone back into it and then we'll remember how much we hated doing all the daily stuff again.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Housh posted:

because we drink weed

I see what you did there but the jokes on you, edibles include drinks like weed soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Ronnie posted:

Deleted this app days ago. The most use I got from it is having goons on my Twitter feed.

Enjoy answering how many flowers you can see in your mind.

The flowers I see are from potatoes and it's before they're picked to make potato bread

• Locked thread