Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I think it really sucks. Buying a PS4 has already been kind of a bad deal, and its funny that theyre already moving on to something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I do most of my gaming on a 720p tv, so 4k can go gently caress itself in its rear end

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
once I can play the Borderlands Handsome Collection in glorious 4K I'll probably change my tune

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the industry wants to move to vr for some reason, i guess cos other companies are doing it. and theres no way they could get it to work well on the regular ps4 so i dont think its all that jewish. additionally, i dont think console companies etc actually make any money on selling consoles but rather stuff like games, controllers and, well, vr headsets.

Microsoft is doing it as well though and I don't think they have a VR headset. I really think it's them looking at the popularity of phones that people buy again every other year and thinking Why don't we do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I think it really sucks. Buying a PS4 has already been kind of a bad deal, and its funny that theyre already moving on to something else

Yeah. It's pretty crazy to me that in the 2 years of PS4 being out it has one good exclusive and now they're saying that was good enough and releasing another 500 dollar box.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I don't think it's a VR thing bc the Sony headset comes with an external box that powers it and it's supposed to be compatible with existing PS4. I don't like any of this. VR especially that stuff is beyond dumb

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
PS4 has a lot of good games IMO and a lot more to come. If this is real, it's just going to be for 4K movies and maybe upscaled games. That's it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

And I don't think it's a VR thing bc the Sony headset comes with an external box that powers it and it's supposed to be compatible with existing PS4. I don't like any of this. VR especially that stuff is beyond dumb

as i understand it u need a really high resolution for vr to be erm , immersive? lol. and the ps4 is competing with pc in that respect. so a new console seems necessary, i dont think itll do anything exclusive that the regular ps4 doesnt though. maybe it will run some games at a higher fps or resolution but most ppl still only have 1080p tvs anyway. theyre not going to sell 4.5 exclusive games or anything, theres just no way.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Retard 4 posted:

PS4 has a lot of good games IMO and a lot more to come. If this is real, it's just going to be for 4K movies and maybe upscaled games. That's it
This guy gets it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

they pretty obviously optimized the combat around the limitations of the system. like nothing feels , whoa, lot of lag here. wish i had more fps. so it's fine

it does feel like that sometimes though.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

is the refresh rate on 4k still rear end

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh hells yes, all the fun of cod blops 4 except it's more brown, blurry, textureless, and i'm vomitting while an actual 11 year old named lothlorien cayden braidyn III calls me a friend of the family! awesome!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm stupid and will likely buy this.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

its probably just for playing 4k movies, with games being upscaled in 4k and thats not a bad thing imo

This is obviously the case and I really don't get the controversy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Because 4K is pointless. Nobody shoots movies in 4K except probably marvel films or something and why would I ever watch one f those.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Because 4K is pointless. Nobody shoots movies in 4K except probably marvel films or something and why would I ever watch one f those.

Aren't a majority of digital films shot in 4K? I always thought so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retard 4 posted:

Aren't a majority of digital films shot in 4K? I always thought so

You're right it turns out. My mistake

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a Marvel Head anyway so 4K is the way to go for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep lolling at my own av whenever I make a post

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Being a huge cinema buff and I recognize things normal viewers don't (politics in children's movies, sexual things in children's films, ect)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I keep lolling at my own av whenever I make a post

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

anyone saying PS4 isn't worth owning is a dumbass

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"exclusives" are such a 90s argument as well, and the only company with the truly great exclusives are nintendo, which have already separated themselves from the field 15+ years ago

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Agreed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And on top of that, acting like ps4 doesn't have the better "exclusives" anyway is a fools argument

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PS4 + 3DS is the Gamer Must Have

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between Killzone, Resistance, And Infamous, I never need to play another series ever again!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't really care about 4K movies since i haven't bought a physical disc movie in a long rear end time & i don't even know if american ISPs can stream at 4k lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't really care about 4K movies since i haven't bought a physical disc movie in a long rear end time & i don't even know if american ISPs can stream at 4k lol

I have a 4K and Netflix has like 10 things on there in 4K, it looks super nice as well as YouTube videos in 4K, but unless the new system upscaled games as well it's kinda pointless

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Playing/watching anything in less than 4k warrants the toppest of keks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>PS4 owners stuck playing BB at 30fps
>Valvedrones stuck playing BB at 0fps

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Me on the phone with gamestop]

Yes, I'd like to preorder the ps4, here is my credit card number

*hangs up*

[Wake Up - Rage Against The Machine starts playing as I fly off into the sky]

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Poorfags gonna poor.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Retard 4 posted:

*hangs up*

i watched the matrix recently and lmao'd at that ending so much i watched it like 5 more times

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

*hangs up*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>playan multi-vidya
>team dies, leaving you vs 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9eQ5FABko