Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't forget to say gioodnight to robbit mon dieu and the katamari ball

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I would pay money for a little katamari ball toy.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

They don't make money selling consoles and in microsofts case I seem to remember reading that they lost a shitload on every 360. I think the ps2 turned a profit because they sold almost 300 million of them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fun fact I just found looking that up: The PlayStation 2 had 1.4 billion game sales over its lifetime

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I can't wait for the VR fad to die

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

qnqnx posted:

I can't wait for the VR fad to die

Nah. I think VR could be really cool and it feels like we're on the verge of figuring out how to do it properly and I'm excited

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll never take my VR headset off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think VR will be any different than having a big monitor and a headset or w.e until it gets full crazy and you have to run on a treadmill to move in the game or whatever.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

rediscover posted:

Nah. I think VR could be really cool and it feels like we're on the verge of figuring out how to do it properly and I'm excited

Not this year, not this decade or the next one. Enjoy your cellphone strapped on to your eyes.

Retard 4 posted:

I'll never take my VR headset off

The perfect answer to "turn your monitor on".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

It will never take off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every VR headset comes with a console controller...we figured out this tech 30 years ago moving the screen closer doesn't change anything lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna be a revolution. It's the future.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The screen... Even closer now. Jump In!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Retard 4 posted:

The screen... Even closer now. Jump In!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jx2YWzxvbs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

There gonna do it this time baby.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't think VR will be any different than having a big monitor and a headset or w.e until it gets full crazy and you have to run on a treadmill to move in the game or whatever.

when you take away the buttons videogames cease to be fun :science:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i want vr because i want to disappear into game and leave this empty shell behind

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

but with a controller until neural controls are standard, i'm not retarded

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to be the guy from hack//sign or whatever, except instead of depressed I'm happy about it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Every VR headset comes with a console controller...we figured out this tech 30 years ago moving the screen closer doesn't change anything lol

its probably great for racing sims. they already make steering wheels that imitate the feel of car weight and road/tire feedback and stuff.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
New Trackmania game would be amazeballs in VR

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This would be great for space combat sims but they stopped making those 20 years ago

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VR headset, activate fourth dimension! Jack in! Alright... prepare for immersion... now! I'm going digital! I'm in!

*presses the [SELECT] button to access the [OPTIONS] screen*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

VR headset, activate fourth dimension! Jack in! Alright... prepare for immersion... now! I'm going digital! I'm in!

*presses the [SELECT] button to access the [OPTIONS] screen*

lmao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jacking off in 4D

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Have any of you guys actually worn a VR thing? I havent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me neither. I'd like to try but they're too expensive

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I was pretty into buying one until I saw how jittery the motion controls were. Maybe the oculus touch controllers will be better, but im probably gonna have to wait

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my buddy got one so i'll pro bably get to check it out

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Real VR will be when I get a brain jack and they can stream 4k content directly across my cerebellum.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

This freak I work with got both so I guess I'll try those but the idea of him staring at me while I can't see what's going on is unsettling

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Have any of you guys actually worn a VR thing? I havent.

ive played eve valkyrie. it was cool and very immersive. you had to look at targets to lock missiles and such, making you feel like your eyes did the tracking which was cool. i quickly adjusted to wearing the headset, after a while it feels like it's not there, same as when you're watching a movie or reading a book and really get into it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Bloodborne 2
PS4.8: 9.5/10 what a game
PS4.5: 9.1/10 some FPS drops; Loading time is really slow sometimes?
PS4.0: 7.8/10 I think this might be a Minecraft mod

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Me neither. I'd like to try but they're too expensive

i wanted the oculus until i saw that its driver is always on and constantly sending data to facebook servers and its 600 dollars

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

i wanted the oculus until i saw that its driver is always on and constantly sending data to facebook servers and its 600 dollars

What the gently caress

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

What the gently caress

i know, i would pay up to 900 dollars for it, its a bargain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retard 4 posted:

What the gently caress

John Romero is about to make you his bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

ive played eve valkyrie. it was cool and very immersive. you had to look at targets to lock missiles and such, making you feel like your eyes did the tracking which was cool. i quickly adjusted to wearing the headset, after a while it feels like it's not there, same as when you're watching a movie or reading a book and really get into it.

or playing a good game on your tv

• Locked thread