Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please tell me Cruz is in attendance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
"Yo Barry, you did it my nigga."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Epic High Five posted:

Please tell me Cruz is in attendance

Sanders is the only nominee on either side to show up I think.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Winkie01 posted:

This like when Colbert did his

except hes not loving up the timing of every joke

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Winkie01 posted:

You can tell he is doing good because every reporter on twitter is saying he is bombing

https://twitter.com/donlemon/status/726606802587148288

dammit

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

EnsGDT posted:

"Yo Barry, you did it my nigga."

Perfect in every way~ :swoon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All these people that just stood up must loving hate America

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god dammit

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

:lol: at the endlessly growing conga line that got a picture with Obama

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Well, I'm a tad disappointed with the last bit, but the mic drop made it worth it for me.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > USPOL April: Two thugs disrupt elegant dinner in DC.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Wilmore's routine was hilarious and its funny how self-conscious the press is about the 2016 election.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goddamn Larry Wilmore was awesome and savage.

Obama lightly saute'd the crowd, and then Wilmore came in an blackened the poo poo out of them.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

All right, now that that's over I wish to officially announce that if the thread title for the Republican Convention isn't "This is what it sounds like when chickenhawks cry", I shall be most displeased.

Make it happen, people.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
The talking heads really seem to have hated Larry, and that makes me like him more

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Does cspan have a link to watch it from the beginning?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

stinkles1112 posted:

The talking heads really seem to have hated Larry, and that makes me like him more

It's loving perfect how the only black dude on the panel thought Wilmore's routine was funny.

There is nothing more perfect(Though that one white chick didn't hate it I guess).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Going through some of the Obama jokes bc the video isn't up and man I'm going to miss him

At least he should have fun brutalizing Trump for months in the general

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Going through some of the Obama jokes bc the video isn't up and man I'm going to miss him

At least he should have fun brutalizing Trump for months in the general

the best part about Obama's Trump routine was him roasting the press about the amount of time they're spending talking about Trump and the room was goddamn silent.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Luther the Anger Translator doesn't even come close to Obama dunking on the birthers with the Circle of Life clip. The camera even switches to Trump to show his reaction since everyone knew it was in no small part aimed at him.

And then as it winds down Obama gets in a dig at Fox News. It was Obama at his finest.

I'm sorry your sense of humor is bad. Anger translator was funnier by far.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

the best part about Obama's Trump routine was him roasting the press about the amount of time they're spending talking about Trump and the room was goddamn silent.

I wish they would've put a hundred 3D cameras in the room so we could all log in and wander the crowd, living the moment and seeing all their faces

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Larry did that entire string of Zodiac Killer jokes just for me. I completely lost my poo poo, there is nothing funnier than Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer jokes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

I think Larry did that entire string of Zodiac Killer jokes just for me. I completely lost my poo poo, there is nothing funnier than Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer jokes.

That was honestly the weakest part.

The part where he talked about how even the Zodiac Killer had people that liked him was better. And also probably should have been after the string of Zodiac Killer jokes if he was gonna do it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Obama's delivery was way, way better than Whitmore. They both did really well, though. I could listen to Larry poo poo on CNN all day.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

That was honestly the weakest part.

The part where he talked about how even the Zodiac Killer had people that liked him was better. And also probably should have been after the string of Zodiac Killer jokes if he was gonna do it.

The funny thing about it is how it's such a weird, non-mainstream joke that to tell it in front of the stuffiest crowd possible alone is hilarious. Rubbing it in just makes it all the better for me. It's definitely a different strokes for different folks situation though, because I can see people not enjoying it.

I will say, if you want to suck any and all enjoyment out of comedy, watch the B-Team from CNN discuss it for 20 minutes with the two people who come up when you click "I'm Feeling Lucky" while you're searching for "Republican Couple". Lizz Winstead and the FoD guy there look like they want to smack those idiots.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I think there was a better Lucifer joke he could have made than another zodiac killer joke but I was hootin' and hollerin' through the whole routine so I'm not gonna complain.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Aliquid posted:

Obama's delivery was way, way better than Whitmore. They both did really well, though. I could listen to Larry poo poo on CNN all day.

Yeah having wrapped it up I definitely liked Wilmore's material a lot, but... I dunno something is stilted about his delivery, it's hard to put my finger on it. Savaged people throughout though. And endless zodiac killer routine, AMAZING.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

The funny thing about it is how it's such a weird, non-mainstream joke that to tell it in front of the stuffiest crowd possible alone is hilarious. Rubbing it in just makes it all the better for me. It's definitely a different strokes for different folks situation though, because I can see people not enjoying it.

I will say, if you want to suck any and all enjoyment out of comedy, watch the B-Team from CNN discuss it for 20 minutes with the two people who come up when you click "I'm Feeling Lucky" while you're searching for "Republican Couple". Lizz Winstead and the FoD guy there look like they want to smack those idiots.

Mark Lamont Hill was struggling not to laugh his rear end off when that angry white chick was going off about how It's uncouth to call the president that word lol.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If I were a stand up comedian, I'd live in terror of following Obama because he's got a very real knack for comedic delivery

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah unfortunately Wilmore has never been a great Orator, otherwise he would be way more popular than he is.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm bummed that whoever the next president is, she won't be as funny as Obama is. We're probably not gonna have a president with as much natural charm and humor as Obama until, like, President Al Franken in 2024.

Hey, it could happen.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Schnorkles posted:

Was this tonight or a few years ago when Obama dunked on Trump?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Teddybear posted:

I'm bummed that whoever the next president is, she won't be as funny as Obama is. We're probably not gonna have a president with as much natural charm and humor as Obama until, like, President Al Franken in 2024.

Hey, it could happen.

President Castro will have mad charisma.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

tonight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think it was 2012

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Both

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Teddybear posted:

Hey, it could happen.

You just don't know how funny your abuela can be until you see her in action :colbert:

Here's the link to the video of the Dinner for those of you who weren't able to watch live!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i loved that obama got boehner to joke about being a lush on national t v

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i loved that obama got boehner to joke about being a lush on national t v

I have come to have a little bit of respect for John Boehner in the time following his retirement because the dude honestly gives no fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"The guy just wanted to give his hotel business a boost, and now we're praying that Cleveland makes it through July. I hope you're proud of yourselves"

• Locked thread