Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

it really is, I hope that book gets off the ground

Not with that picture, which is why i felt safe posting it :(

Because kids aren't supposed to use iPads/Electronic devices before bed they wanted to scrap that idea, kinda crushed my motivation on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I made astronaut Samus Aran

this is really cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

I took a break from typing a paper tonight and doodled with some ink that was gifted to me

i really like this style. my grandparents had a good friend who was an artist and did work like this and it gets me nostalgic.
edit:

the only picture i still have of my grandparents pen and ink artist friend's:

Gatekeeper posted:

🐘 made out of ॐ

i dig this too but i miss your blues

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 13, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i looked more into that pen/ink art style and found a bunch of rembrandt drawings which led me to making this:

I love this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Started painting again.

This is really cool, what did you use?

Hugh Malone posted:

Getting charcoal today

:toxx:

Look into getting a spray fixative for your finished work. Charcoal is still one of my favorite mediums to work with, good luck.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I love the pencils that look like china markers

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Salmiakki posted:

detail from some fanart i drew for a cartoon

love the style, color and expression

Macnult posted:

here's a kitty cat

really cool cat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Acrylic on canvas using basic brushes, a roller, sponge brushes. Just about everything i used came from a dollar store.

So much love for that! :love:

Macnult posted:

i love the glow this appears to have

:dance:

And to echo this, the glow is beautiful.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Did 'nother one.

so loving good

did you paint it on wood?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I really like this and trees in general

It's good, keep drawing/charcoaling

That's impressive, nice line work on your thread, it's makes me want to try it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's literally a stocking for a dog and it's likely the dog won't live long enough to see the completed stocking :negative:

i am pulling for this dog so he can see his christmas stocking

:pray:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

when i'm on the phone, i draw dots

please stop calling me my fingers hurt

thats beautiful

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I really like the dubious chickadee and the lines on the disney mermaid hater are good. What are you using to do these?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

my advice: be proud of it, it's great

echoing this, if I were you I'd just keep it like it is, the style and feel are really cool.

but if you really feel you absolutely have to change something:

Zorodius posted:

I think it would look good if there was some more shading on the dog

I would do this, maybe switch up the positioning of the back legs because he looks like he's twisting to his left, and maybe some shadow/reflection in the water under/behind him like the rocks have bc the light is coming from the upper right. I like the background though and wouldn't change or add anything, it's not the focus of what you're going for.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

people are giving me money to draw the dots now. this one isn't quite finished yet

i really like this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Worked on this for about three days at work, finally finished it. Based it on a basically identical project I saw online, I just wanted to work on technique

thats really cool

frame it and hang it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Scathach posted:

I finally had sketching time so i made some sky

this is nice, i like the blurry

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

lol a xmas gift for my best bud that she is sure to love because it's big and awesome and extremely chill

this is awesome. paint?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MrWillsauce posted:

luvcow I still want your art on my walls

I need to catch up on this thread. There is so much art itt that I would love on my walls. What if we did an art exchange thread where people send a piece out and them receive a piece from someone else?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Wanted to draw something fun

these are all so awesome, like she's escaping from the psychiatric hospital

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

that's a lot of art

you have a really cool style

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

belinda_short posted:

I think tattooing would be fun, I've designed some random things for friends but it's hard for me to do cause I worry about it being on them, idk.

lol

i'm conflicted on tattoos because i do not ever want one on me but i have many friends who love them and have asked me to draw something for them to get put on them. i guess it's up to the individual but i would feel somewhat guilty to saddle someone with a permanent piece of work on their body based on a momentary love of a piece of art. like i can definitely appreciate great works of art that people have done on them but at the same time it's just not something i feel comfortable contributing too. art is an amazing part of life but what i most appreciate is something temporary or fleeting, like a picture you can hang on a wall and move or take down or give to someone else.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

belinda_short posted:

I did somewhat the opposite myself. I found a tattoo artist I liked and I allowed them to do whatever they wanted for my piece. I feel like if I'm not putting my own personal art on my body and I trust my artist, I want their vision, but I'm a little bit weird in that regard. I don't like doing custom work either.

This is the artist btw: http://noontattooart.blogspot.com/
My piece is quite different from these, though.

A friend of mine is working on a game and I am designing the cover for it, and it's all sorts of things I can do but are out of my comfort zone. I'm pushing myself because it's a friend, but if it was a normal custom piece I'd say no.

I consider art fleeting, but in a different way. Something stays with you when it comes to art you really love, or better- holds your attention. If you look at it a lot or think about it a lot, it's making your brain move and that's really something.

well said, theres lots of tattoos I've seen which are beautiful and i am more than happy that the people who got them love them. theres been many times I've considered getting one but i never have. just the ability to create things that evoke emotion and make people feel alive is amazing. i guess I'm just not a tattoo person, though theres been plenty of times I've considered it. and no disrespect to the people who cover themselves with them, its all part of everyones individual story.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

here’s a nice little bonsai tree

i like it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

def the best of the bunch

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Thanks! I forgot I made some cows, too.

and this, the color palette is very nice

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

just to reiterate from earlier you have a really, really cool style. that one there is my favorite of the bunch but i'm thinking the whole journal would be an immersive read. how many journals have you filled so far?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I was going to dump tons of random old art i had lying around and be the cool kid but everyone else is good and now im anxious and my arms hurt :(

Seriously, stuff like the dog art, the cool mantis and lettering is so good

I made my avatar with markers

your art so far has been beautiful and i'm a huge fan, imho just post it but i do understand any trepidation you have

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
really cool art, has like a georgia o'keefe on acid type of vibe to it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i like the idea and the finished piece

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
heres my ode to flappy birds that i did years ago and has been hanging in a corner of the spare bedroom i use as a studio:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
and two from a thread i made years ago when i used tiny pic to host images resulting in their complete and utter disappearance now :(

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plant MONSTER. posted:

High art, love the tone of the mouse drawings too!

i love this one so much

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I always love your art.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so now i've opened the can of worms of looking through old sketch books of art from threads that i used tiny pic in and subsequently disappeared the images

these are from a thread where the posters wanted to outfit a sheep they bought and use it as a battle sheep, eventually they strapped a sword to its back and bought it some armor:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

these are gold

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Perfect in every conceivable way.

This sort of counts as art, I work at a plant and flower shop. I started doing arrangements with leftover flowers and stuff.

absolutely yes, i assume you've heard or seen shows/events like this:
https://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/art-in-bloom

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Should we make more???

yes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

twoday posted:

luvcow, I would love to see an animation by you, your art reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4

that's a really cool movie, i have no animation skills but i'd love to think i'd be capable of something even half as good as that

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

really cool art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

:love:

as always your stuff is amazing and its nice to see more images of your goat horned astronaut wife

• Locked thread