Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

my eyes widened in slight reactive dread, and then i laughed, softly, as a cloudbank releases its tension in rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

ive just caught up on this thread and id like to say, with the full blessing of my heart...that its really great

deepqantas' and blaise's stuff is especially impressive, but honestly theres too much great stuff in here to properly enumerate it all

Android Blues

i drew this for my friend as a joke the other day and it keeps cracking me up every time i look at it. i put it under a tag because theres nips and maybe you dont want to see that, but i hope you think its even twenty percent as funny as i do

Android Blues

i think my arts been coming along lately :)

Android Blues

thanks gsjg and isaias!! you two are both a+ assed artists so if you like it im glad.

really good

Android Blues

i drank two cans of cola and decided to draw a six panel comic in ten minutes without using erase or ctrl+z

despite its silly awfulness this was actually a fun exercise that i might repeat in future !

Android Blues

baby steps on animation

Android Blues

thanks! :) i drew the frames in SAI, then imported to gimp for its gif export function. so...not really a clean solution haha, but alright for short things!

i'm thinking of trying more complex animation stuff that involves actual body movement but id also probably need like...a program that actually has dedicated tools for that and im not really hot on which do...

Android Blues

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Wow. You guys are making me feel good. In real life nobody cares about my art and I literally can't give it away.

your art is really spectacular and i bet there is some kind of astronaut loving painting mogul out there just waiting in the wings to realise this self evident truth and pay you hundreds of money

Android Blues

yeah thats kinda true, sorry john glen

Android Blues

real flip flop from me there

Android Blues

i like 4a, 4b, and 5b. 5b's suit jacket makes her look more sort of like a slick huckster than sad though, but i'm so charmed by the combo of slick jacket + puffy pantaloons

Android Blues

this is a special dog i drew

Jedrick posted:

all 8x10 dollar store acrylic

these are rrreally good

Android Blues

the same cake, every year...like when you try to throw away a cursed object and it's just waiting for you on the kitchen table when you get back home, but with digestion

Android Blues

fluffie opens the christmas gift box...gasps! no, it can't be - the cake - the cake she thought she'd destroyed for good last winter!

title fades in: COFFEE CAKE IV: THE REBLOODENING

Android Blues

crumpet strumpet your work is amazing

Android Blues

this is fanart but its one of the better things ive done lately and i wanted to share this warm feeling of progress with my friends in byob. i feel like im coming along from what i was doing a year ago and its nice how art sneaks up on you like that

Android Blues

so i've been doing a bunch of symmetrical tile art lately. i'm really really enjoying it and having a lot of fun applying the digital painting/illustration skills i've built up to a new style :)

Android Blues

it's all digital, standard pencils + inks + flats + shadows + highlights just set up for looping/symmetry. people keep asking me if its done by hand (rather than generated) and im pretty psyched to be able to say that the answer is yes! :)

Android Blues

i'm so glad you guys like them! :love:

here's my latest. doing the pencils on this one was a Task let me tell you

Android Blues

Sourdough Sam posted:

I'm in the early phase of sculpting a character model in Zbrush. He's some kind of biomechanical pharaoh dude. I'm designing him as I go so some parts are more detailed than others.

this is REALLY COOL. i think the shapes flow together really nicely

Android Blues

lately i've been working on a bunch of character portraits. ive also been trying to make them modular so i can do a bunch of variations. i really like these and feel like im going down a good path :)

Android Blues

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I want these as a shower curtain

twoday posted:

you should work for a company that makes wallpaper, I'd love to have that plastered up in my rumpus room

between these two posts, i feel a viable business model brewing

Android Blues

a new creation !

Android Blues

i have now created a sort of Janus

Android Blues

there are two wolves at war within all men, or more accurately, two messed up flowerpot creatures (we say wolves in the aphorism to make it relatable)

Android Blues

also, thank you all, i'm glad you like them :love:

Android Blues

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I haven't been in byob in a while since I have been busy with work and school and things, but I have been doodling stuff with my BF.

Macnult posted:

thanks for keeping the thread alive Tiberius Thyben

here’s a sloth

Spinster posted:

Ok. I make jewelry as a hobby for a decade, but enjoy drawing much more, started combining them a couple years ago. So I make the cards, earrings, and draw pictures on the cards to accent the jewelry. This Christmas tree branch was drawn with eyeliners.

im constantly impressed by just how much artistic skill talent n passion there is in byob, these are some of my favourites from the last few posts :)

Android Blues

look! i made a pulsating bubble!

i really like how this came out. :)

Android Blues

my latest creation...im really proud of him! i love him!

this is easily the most complicated thing i've ever animated so it's a huge milestone for me. i'm excited to learn more and more and moreeeeeeeee

Android Blues

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Low effort BYOB request

i love this. i love how you drew sonic. sonic is Deceptively hard to draw

Android Blues

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Thanks! This is actually the first time I have drawn a sonic, so I am happy it turned out decent.

none of the ludicrous hairpin curves in Sonic's weird mono eye are found in any other shape any sane person has ever learned to draw. i salute you for conquering this artistic Everest

Android Blues

my lovely homunculus has developed a new capability...!

Android Blues

working on some more animated monsters!

Android Blues

that is absolutely incredible + i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

i love how you coloured those gemstones. alighted instant interest + feeling of admiration in me :)

• Locked thread