Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo

I think Stinky is probably a type of phantom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo

can a dude called Ghost be a phantom? i mean are we talking different types of apparition or just nomenclature?

3D Megadoodoo

She showed me how to be a tree in man's world and for that I'm eternally grateful.

3D Megadoodoo

joke_explainer posted:

Everyone criticizes the artwork but I actually love the art in Fantomah. Much like Stardust, she has seemingly limitless power, and just ruthlessly crushes anyone that crosses her. It's truly a bizarre comic. I also like the inversion on her turning into a hideous skull monster every time she uses her powers, since many comics require the women characters to remain attractive and frame them for a male viewer even when they are beaten half to death.

Who has criticized the artwork :confused:

3D Megadoodoo

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Phantom is still running its daily strip in newspapers as it has done for 80 years now. The current artist died recently so all the strips that are coming up now are actually from a literal phantom until they run out the backlog. The new artist is picking up in May. Since I don't read newspapers I haven't seen the Phantom in a long time but I used to be really into it and now I want to get some of the old comics and give them a read

If there's any The Phantom drawn by Lindahl and printed in black-and-white available in your language of preference, that's the good stuff. Newspaper-The Phantom was mostly pretty forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

anyone mention the phantom of the opera? i don't think he qualifies because he's just an ugly guy with a mask that plays the organ and stalks a lady. creepy but not the kind im used to.

actually there's a real phantom in the phantom of the opera but the audience never sees him because he's a loving phantom!

• Locked thread