Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They know where their ending the season and have determined that at least for these first few episodes a slower build is good. Considering what they're covering, this is probably a good idea since it'll let them go wild with the action parts and not have to worry too much about pacing.

In 3 episodes they've covered, I think, just the first 2.5 manga chapters. Judging by the opening they're going through about chapter 22. The first chapters were the slowest as they were setting up the world. But with a 12 episode season, we've got 9 more episodes to cover 19.5 chapters. The pace should pick up significantly next week or the week after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Sandman posted:

So you think we should keep a running count of Hagakure sightings?

Is this a retroactive count? Because she's actually in every scene.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Remember, the thread for the Anime has the word Anime in the title.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wasn't he supposed to be finding a way to go back to being an adult? That's some lovely detecting to go over 800 episodes and still be a little boy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Even before that, he's blowing from the sprint and stuff. Like, it does make thematic sense and all that, and it's far from a huge or even big deal, it just doesn't gel too well for me. Not like I'll say "this is awful, dropped" from it.

The dude would be a killer for his age going through what he did with/for All Might, basically.

In a sprint, being gassed at the end just means you went all out. Especially true if everyone else is using their quirks to make it easier and faster while you're busting rear end without any superpowers. The exertion looks to me to be showing how Deku is giving it 100% every time and coming up short because there's no reality bending super power giving him a boost.

Also while Deku has been training for a few months with All Might, most of these kids have been training their whole lives to be heroes and working with their quirks. Deku had a really weird idea that he could be an alpha nerd weakling and still become a hero.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I can see where you are coming from, like, I get that he can't use his Quirk or anything, but I don't really see how being invisible, for example, helps in a physical fitness exam.

Plus, Yaoyorozu came in first through what I can only imagine is creative creation of things like grenade launchers, bicycles, trampolines etc.

On invisible girl[minor manga spoiler that hasn't actually paid off at all yet] Invisibility is apparently not her quirk, rather a side effect or something similar. That's what was stated in some supplemental material but has yet to show up as anything.

Yaoyorozu can create anything, also she's incredibly fit and smart. She probably understands the limitations and the best creative ways to get around them of her quirk better than almost anyone in the class.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 8, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like to think that he passed the entrance exam by leering so blatantly that the robots in the area destroyed themselves to escape the situation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TriffTshngo posted:

This is pretty much the peak of Bakugou's anger. He tapers off and is definitely still a raging jerk but this loss is pretty significant.

Bakugou's mellowest setting is seething anger. The extent to which he mellows out at all is the extent to which he's pissed off at something else instead of Deku. He is a man who yells at the bacteria in his mouth while brushing his teeth, there is no tapper off.

This very episode is him realizing that he was angry at Deku about the wrong thing. Now he understands the true reason to be furious at Deku.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ninjewtsu posted:

Personally, I find bakugou way more entertaining because he's an rear end in a top hat, and I hope there's more characters who aren't morally perfect in the future

How do you feel about peak human perviness?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NecroMonster posted:

Everyone in MHA is the best, in some regard.

This is true, but some people are extra best.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JosephWongKS posted:

Hakagure could be the star of the side series if the production team wants to save on budget.

I'm not sure even Japan can air a show fronted by a completely naked except for her gloves and shoes High School girl.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Still bummed they planned this so early that we ended up with just 13 episodes.

I imagine we'll get another season at some point but it won't be this year because the time slots are all accounted for if I recall.

Nah, it looks like where they're going to is the only reasonable season end that doesn't have a shitload of episodes.

I just fee sorry that we've got to wait until next season or so to get the naming assignment. Kind of disappointed people keep using what they come up with then in this thread. Gotta have patience to truly appreciate some of them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tollymain posted:

i wonder if we'll ever see what's going on under shouji's mask

If you remove his mask it's just Kakashi's face wearing his own mask. Take off that mask and it's Liam Neeson's face, but it starts to bubble if you don't give him the pink elephant. I strongly suggest you give him the elephant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Mineta was very brave this episode

That's the power of boobs, or at least the desire to touch one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Astro Ambulance posted:

i honestly wish people would just leave in the honorifics; if only because everyone is so terrible at localizing them

No, that was a dark and terrible time. They mean gently caress all to the story 99% of the time, and when they do it's mostly something that can be conveyed by using rude or overly genteel language.

Don't be an Orihime, dude.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It didn't feel that way to me during. Still felt a very tepid pace.

There's about 5 chapters left in this arc for the anime to cover in the next 2 episodes. Maybe less since the 5th chapter after this is setting up for the next arc in addition to wrapping this one up. This episode ended at the exact same place as chapter 17 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Great episode.

your webm reminded me... I thought it was weird that Deku said All Might was bleeding during that close up of All Might's smile because there was no blood. I thought he was bleeding in the manga. :shrug:

Right before Deku says it, All Might has a spurt of blood shoot from between his teeth. The anime shows it as a quick bit of blood that flies off screen. In the manga the panel is frozen on the moment the blood leaks from his mouth.

Also he's got blood soaking the sides of his shirt from where the Nomu tried to rip out/puncture his kidneys.

• Locked thread