Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Particulator + Hip Holster + Backup Gun (+ Shadow Bullets but that's not even neccessary) is an extremely awesome combo. Just mash fire and reload, point vaguely into enemy direction (optional) and concentrate on dodging.
Really, the only reason i didn't flawless the Dragun on that run (the first time i ever got there, too!) is because i also found the red scarf on that run for the first time, and it completely hosed up my dodge roll game.

And i still didn't even get hit on the first phase, and only twice on the second.

Now that i actually know how the red scarf works (hold dodge button to teleport to mouse cursor), i could definitely flawless the last boss with ease in that setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I modified one of the Cheat Engine scripts to just give me a drop, any kind of drop, after each room clear, even if it's just an additional bullet casing drop, and man is the game now a lot more fun

And even then i've gone entire runs where i haven't seen a single ammo drop until the fourth floor

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Try Potion of Gun Friendship with the crossbow, and then just mash on both fire and reload. You can get up to three shots per second, it's great.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

Also once you've got it hooked in and it's detected whatever you're trying to cheat it will persist until you close the game or CE. So if you do the key thing then all new runs will have infinite keys right off the bat rather than after you pick up or use one.

I can give you a script for infinite keys that works right out of the gate. Well, as soon as you are in the actual game, out of the breach.

http://pastebin.com/bqBa8BwW

Copy & paste the RAW Paste Data into the Cheat Engine window, then activate the new script "Player Controller Pointer", and set "Infinite Keys?" to yes. No need to use a key first.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

Can cheat engine modify a run on the fly? For example forcing ammo drops if grtting screwed.

Jibo posted:

It's theoretically possible yes but I don't know if anyone has found/modified drop rates specifically. As it stands there are scripts for unlimited ammo that could be enabled or disabled mid run.

http://pastebin.com/SHTJHDPB

Again, copy the RAW Paste Data and paste it into Cheat Engine. You'll get a script called "Room Reward Script" that will guarantee a random drop after clearing a room.
Not ammo specifically, but should drastically increase the chances to find ammo, obviously. You'll have to clear at least 1 room before you can activate the script, though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And to S tier if you have the compass + blank companion's ring

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

E: I can't actually get it to enable though. It just kind of hangs CE for a while when you try to enable it and never actually enables. I looked at it and it looks fine at a glance. I even tried just ripping out the cheat entry and putting it in another table and it still wouldn't take.
Did you actually clear a room beforehand like i noted?

The "hanging for a bit" is the script searching for the room clear reward code to hijack it. Due to how the engine works, this code will only be in memory when it's needed, so - after you cleared a room once.

I just tried it, started the game, entered the gungeon, cleared the first room and activated the script. It only took a couple seconds to activate.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Uh, so, the only past that i ever died on was the pilot's back before it counted for the achievement. So now that i completed all the character's pasts once, i thought to go for a quick jaunt with the hunter to get to the Gun and suicide in the past for the achievement.

I, uh.... i didn't quite get to the Gun. There was kind of a hand in the way. And even after getting rid of the hand i didn't have a chance to go into the past anymore.
So, how can i reach the Gun with a character whose past i've already completed?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hoooly poo poo.

RC Rockets + Angry Bullets.

loving incredible. The Cannonbalrog died in under 15 seconds. (when used with double vision)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Beholster hunting quest is the worst. in the 20 runs i did since i got that quest, i got the Beholster exactly once

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've killed way more than 30 lead maidens just during my beholster quest so far. I'm getting REAL loving good at clearing floor 2 with just the rusty side arm, cause i rarely find a better boss killer than the crossbow when jumping to floor 2.
P. sure the mimics won't be a problem either, i get at least 1 mimic on 8 out of 10 runs.

(actually not looking forward to the 3 kill pilars tho)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the cells housing the NPCs seem to always be on floor two. You can either find the cell key as a reward for clearing a random room on that floor (it's a big orang key, can't miss it), or if you're kinda unlucky, you'll get it as a reward for beating the boss on that floor.

The girl + robot are the ones running the shop where you can buy new guns with the green credits you piked up, so try to free them ASAP.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Even if you never use the shortcuts, unlocking them is still a good idea, since each shortcut also unlocks new items, including stuff like the AKEY-47 (a gun that unlocks chests and doors that you shoot it at).

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, the achievement says "Collect five Master Rounds in one run", it doesn't say anything about five different ones

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know whether the gunboots can reveal secret room cracks?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Treadnought is suddenly trivial with any kind of movement speed increase, but without he can be a real fucker.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I finally met my very first Jammed boss, after 53 hours of play. It only took me:

1. Finding a Cursula on a floor and buying items from her, to
2. enter the Demon Face on that same floor, which had a SECOND Cursula inside... somehow, and buying more items
3. Finding a secret room on chamber 4 which had three witches (also the very first time i found these), which took my weak guns and gave me a Serious Cannon (which i never used) and added even more curse.

And the very first jammed enemy i fight was... the Dragun. I didn't even notice until i thought "huh, these bullets seem weird, are they darker than before?".
Luckily, i had muscle relaxant + crossbow + shadow bullets + double vision. Only took like half my ammo to bring him into 2nd phase.

(Today, i also learned that you can recharge an active item faster than it can run out. I did such ridiculous damage that my Double Vision was recharged and reusable half-way through the duration. Did you know?)

And of course this is the time i flawless the boss.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To celebrate the new patch, i bring presents:

If you're on PC and the name "Shambling Rounds" triggers your PTSD, i have just the thing for you... I wrote a script to change the # of hunting targets killed.
Copy&Paste the RAW Paste Data from here into Cheat Engine: http://pastebin.com/NNupwTNH

Make sure you've killed an enemy (any kind of enemy, not just the one you need to hunt) before you activate the script. When it's active, kill another enemy (any) to update the addresses and now you can directly edit how many hunting targets you've killed for your current objective.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The bug only happened when using your starter gun. So if you ran around using only non-starter guns as soon as possible, you'll notice no difference pre- and post-patch.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can min-max your ammo drops for weapons that aren't empty yet by not picking up an ammo drop and going one room back, then re-enter the ammo drop room and scaring the rat that appears away.

If you scared it off the ammo once, it won't appear until you are two rooms or more away. So now you can clear out the adjacent uncleared rooms with your near-empty gun and afterwards pick up the ammo that dropped.

(nerd)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Papal Infallibility posted:

The new patch is great, I was getting somewhat discouraged but now that I know how to get ammo to drop I don't have to bother with the starter gun past the second chamber, really. Two Dragun kills in one day, though that's because Proton Pack/Eyepatch/Shock Rounds and Muscle Relaxant/AWP are preposterously deadly combos. Just have do the Pilot and Convict pasts, then Bullet Hell.

Any advice for doing the shortcuts beyond just saving everything coin and key you get, selling what you can do without and just assuming that run is pretty much hosed?

Stack up Curse. The Jammed enemies drop more money, more money = more keys you can buy.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Probably the best two Room Clearers in the game are the Mega Hand and the BSG. BSG is insanely quick and painless, and the Mega Hand will get you through two entire floors without needing an ammo drop, it's insanely efficient.

Good Boss Killers are usually Bees and Explosives (cancel enemy bullets), or both in The Stinger.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

AU Gun and the RC Rocket are right behind Stinger for boss killers imo

RC Rocket is okay, but shoots up into S++ boss killing tier as soon as you get Angry Bullets on the same run.
It's hilarious. It needs to be seen to be believed.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

Why is the cheat engine script for keys not in the OP? Im currently on floor 5 and for the first time in like 80 runs map man is on it. Sadly there is ONE LOCKED DOOR that i cant open because i have no keys so i cant finish the fukken map!

Edit: cant find the script atm.

Edit2: It doesnt work if you have 0 keys. gently caress this stupid map man and gently caress locked doors.

HenryEx posted:

I can give you a script for infinite keys that works right out of the gate. Well, as soon as you are in the actual game, out of the breach.

http://pastebin.com/bqBa8BwW

Copy & paste the RAW Paste Data into the Cheat Engine window, then activate the new script "Player Controller Pointer", and set "Infinite Keys?" to yes. No need to use a key first.

Definitely works without having a key or ever having used one.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you have to unlock the fire place via water barrel one last time with the new patch to get the "fireplace room now always spawns a water barrel" perk.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, 61 hours in and i'm still at 4/5 floor mapped.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had Scatter Shot together with Muscle Relaxant, and also the M1. I then found Metronome and everything died.

When my M1 was empty, i just switched to my crossbow and continued to 1-hit kill everything.

It was a pretty easy run through bullet hell

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've actually never seen a glitch chest spawn past the first floor. Only at the start of the game.

It's also always a red or a black chest that's glitched :argh:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just found a rainbow chest on the first floor which gave me:
the AKEY-47, Railgun Prototype, Compressed Air Tank, a heart container, the Charm Horn (in case i wanna steal from the shop), the Riddle of Lead and the Super Hot Watch :eyepop:

This is the most broken loadout i've ever had within 3 minutes of starting a run, jfc

edit: i also stole an Abyssal Tentacle from the 1st floor shop with the horn

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 9, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I did it. i finished the longest game. 2 hours 34 minutes (though i had to leave twice during it), 992 shells collected and 1118 enemies killed. Thankfully i had the map, so i could skip more than half of bullet hell and went straight for the boss. I did the entirety of bullet hell with only the Alien Engine, to give myself a tiny challenge. It was fun.

31 guns (more collected, i munched some of them), 31 passives and 8 masteries.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crossbow owns for all of floor 1 and 2. Even the floor 1 and 2 bosses fall to ca. 40-50 bolts, and they're pretty easy to aim / rapid fire.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's a hella shifty pig, you should probably not turn your back to it

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have an inkling that the gun game mode might not be thought out very well

if you get a cursed gun in the rotation, the curse won't decrease afterwards

i just had to fight the dragun with the lord of the jammed on my rear end because the game just COULD NOT STOP giving me the unicorn horn again and again

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not much you can do without turning the enemies jammed, since every room has a fixed enemy layout

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Took me only 70 hours of gameplay to find the map man on the 5th floor. Why is this a thing.

edit: for reference, floor 1-4 were mapped 50 hours ago

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hunter is awesome. The main pistol only holds 6 shots, so you need to reload all the time, but it's enough to kill 2 bullet kin on floor 1 per reload. Accurate enough from mid-range to also reliably get the 2 kills per clip. Has a crossbow that can kill the 1st floor boss in usually sub-40 shots, which is great to insulate you from crappy weapon drops, and also clears rooms like it's nothing. Plus, chance for additional loot every room.

Convict is eh. The photo only triggers on getting hit, which you want to avoid, and it's not even damage that works passively like on a Heart of Ice or a Honeycomb, you still gotta shoot and hit an enemy to get anything out of it. The sawed off is pretty bad, and drops off in effectiveness as early as floor 2. Basic pistol is nice and can be fired real quickly, but has even less shots than the Hunter's.

The Pilot is pretty much the worst of the characters, i feel, solely owed to his atrocious gun. What good is your 8 shot weapon when you'll only hit 3 of them?

It's pretty much Hunter/Marine > Convict > Pilot

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This game desperately needs an Eden character. Give 'em maybe a standard inf. ammo gun that's always the same, then +1 random gun and +1 or maybe 2 random passives/actives.

I don't care if i have to pay like 3 HC for a run with it, just patch it in already

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sure, there'll be runs where you start with the Mega Buster and the Super Hot Watch, but there'll be just as many where you start with the Ruby Bracelet and the Derringer.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thanks, game. Thanks for the three Alien Engines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The problem here was that those three engines don't stack, if you pikc them all up you only get one engine, so i basically got one gun for the price of three

In other things: I just noticed that the Orange Guon Stone (the one that occasionally shoots enemies) shot AWP bullets when i had the AWP equipped. It was one-shotting bulet kin left and right, it was awesome. Dunno about other guns, but when you have the AWP out, it uses those bullets to snipe at enemies.