Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
I do
I don't
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I only use a guide when I'm going for 100%.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i play the game the first time to enjoy, then if I enjoyed it enough, use a guide to find everything i missed

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
If I have to use a guide to to enjoy a game I just stop playing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I get stuck for more than five minutes on something I'll look up how to do it on the internet, for example, how to make girls kiss me.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I just read the guide.

Saved a poo poo ton of money.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eonwe posted:

i play the game the first time to enjoy, then if I enjoyed it enough, use a guide to find everything i missed

This. Using a guide on your first playthrough is weird, unless it's like a 100 hour game and you don't want to do a 2nd playthrough. But even then.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

tthe first thing i do is go to gamerevulotion.com and write down the cheats in a note pad

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Depends. Older games sure, a guide can be nice. For games made today? They are all made for babies, especially the ones made for adults so I see no reason to get a guide for any of them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't. I like to go in blind.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I get to the endgame and then usually crack open a guide to see stuff I missed and can go back for.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I just copy the handwritten cheat codes down from the slip of paper that i found inside the Blockbuster rental box

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Guide Gamer reporting in.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I only resort to guides if I've tried and failed at something enough times I feel I have to be missing something.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Guide Gamer reporting in.

Mods, can we finally please get a Guide Gamers gang tag?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I have a team of Sherpa's to lead me through every game I play.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I get to the endgame and then usually crack open a guide to see stuff I missed and can go back for.

This.

I also usually open them just to see an outline of how far I am in the game if it seems unclear.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
If my flow is absolutely stonewalled I seek guides and/or advice. Too many games coming out too fast to spend hours figuring out where to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I also sometimes buy guides because they are basically the equivalent of the user manuals of old for some games.

• Locked thread