Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spicy Soba Noodles
Apr 1, 2014
So a few days ago my sister heard some strange noises coming from outside, and when we went to check, we saw a cat in the driveway and it took off. We thought nothing of it then.

Yesterday afternoon when I went to take the trash out, same cat is in our garage, and promptly bolts through the hole in the side of the garage (which I had no idea was there until recently, we're in the process of getting it patched up. Seconds later, I hear the noise my sister had described to me as a high pitched squeaking. Upon digging through some cardboard and debris we found a trapped newborn kitten. Yes, trapped, it was stuck under stuff, and we had to pull stuff off of it just to get it out.

Sis and I named it Miracle, and it is the cutest darn thing I've ever seen. We've been dropper feeding it and it's currently sleeping in my cleavage. Got a small cut on it's back, and we've been dabbing it with warm water but it seems to have dried up now. I've been pooped on and I guess that's a good thing.

Pics;

:3:

Spicy Soba Noodles fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizard_phunk
Oct 23, 2003

Alt Girl For Norge
This is a very young kitten (eyes open within two weeks of birth).

It's adorable :3: ... but don't be surprised if the poor little guy doesn't make it.

I think the best thing you can do is feed him with kitten formula and keep him warm. You will have to help him do his business too - mother cats lick the kitten's behind for this purpose.

Do you have any idea if the momma cat is around? The best would be to find her and the other kittens (unlikely there is only one) and keep them indoors/safe. That's the best chance for survival unfortunately. :(

edit: upon rereading this, there was an adult cat that bolted away - probably the mother? The squeaking is the kitten calling for its mother. If she had time she would have taken the kitten with her...

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Is Miracle okay?

Spicy Soba Noodles
Apr 1, 2014

MrSlam posted:

Is Miracle okay?

No. He didn't make it. Miracle died shortly after 10 am the next morning. I never really found it in me to update. Too heartbroken. :( Sorry bout that.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Spicy Soba Noodles posted:

No. He didn't make it. Miracle died shortly after 10 am the next morning. I never really found it in me to update. Too heartbroken. :( Sorry bout that.

I'm so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well gently caress this was a quick :3: to :smith:

poo poo.

sorry.

• Locked thread